• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

I hope the guy behind the twitter account sticks around at least until the Chelsea vs. Napoli FT next week.

He will stick around, probably won't log in in that day though. :lol
So, do you think Bayern will do the job? I'm a little nervous, I assume Bastian is still 2 weeks from match fitness. I think only Ribery is on form, Muller and Robben are still a little off Gomez was horrible against Neverkusen. But the match is at home so that is a big plus.

Fady K

MAD MAD respect to Arsenal. They have been wonderful in three VERY tough games. RESPECT. I feel so bad for them tonight. If only they made it easier for themselves in San Siro :/

Also, Chelsea, wow. So many good things today I don't know where to start.

With AVB we played Birmingham at Stamford Bridge with almost the same players and we were DREADFUL. Not blaming AVB here, but Di Matteo must have done SOMETHING differently today, because this is easily the most fun I've had watching Chelsea in MONTHS.

First of all, this was their "fastest" performance in ages. They passed well for the most part. They defended VERY well for almost 90% of the time. Luiz was brilliant, and so was Cahill. Cech also made some great saves today.

Also we scored two CONVINCING goals for a change, let alone missing a penalty and a sitter by Sturridge. As for Torres, while he did miss a sitter, he gave us a penalty that Mata did not take well, as well as a very easy scoring chance for Sturridge, which went wrong by Daniel big time.

Also, Di Matteo's SUB decisions were SPOT ON. They made sense, and the timings made sense. Mad props to Di Matteo for NOT starting Lampard.

This result doesn't mean Chelsea changed much. But the fact that the first non-AVB game has us playing like a team, fast, pressuring, attacking with many chances, making good saves, defending well and scoring nice goals while making good subs - and on top of that after we drew them in the first leg with a HORRIBLE performance, we did GREAT against them even though Birmingham had some of their main strikers recover.

Finally, a Chelsea game I really enjoyed.

Also, is it fully confirmed about Pogba :eek:?? As I actually like Juventus, I look forward to seeing him play there :D

I love Mass Effect 1. I also love ME2. It's just good fun.

Apparently, 3 concludes the trilogy in style :D

Poor Fady :(

I wasn't so poor today, I got to finally see a wonderful Chelsea performance to my (and possibly all other Chelsea fans here) surprise :D I hope u enjoy the game against Arsenal.

Sheikh Mansour is just a brilliant owner. Ploughing his money in like that but he doesn't know about football, so he hires people who do to make the decisions. He just gives them the chequebook.

He's much loved here, and I think he actually knows an awful lot about football based on some of the stories I read in the local papers? Not sure. But he is the kind of owner I wish Chelsea had. He did so much for City, and hopefully he does a lot more :)

apparently arnesen is in london... he will talk with chelsea about the bruma loan (hsv got him for 2 years but chelsea could ask to have him back this summer) and he would like to get a loan on.... LUKAKU!

what does chelsea-gaf think? do we have any chance to get him or will he be borrowed to a premier league club?

Very possible actually. Lukaku talked about wanting to go on loan next season.

First. A header.

steven_gerrard_mila_979897a.jpg

Then, a Czech midfielder.

4496725_450_450_0_0_fit_0_f39f0ad00880029139c45717465172cb.jpg

And then a penalty.

alonso_scoring.png

OH.

MY.

FUCKING.

GOD.

AND A POLISH GOALKEEPER

26dudek583.jpg

THIS IS THE FUCKING MADDEST SHIT

iZkRN9WndEtiO.gif

Chelsea are actually passing a moving with a sense of urgency. I am disbelief.

Mata should not take penalties. Sexy bastard though he is.

Tonight Chelsea actually resembled a team in some aspects. Mata is a top player, shouldn't take pens though. Meireles delivering one of his smashing efforts which e haven't really got to see since he joined. Torres with a few moments though overall poor. His ball to Danny was a beut and he should of put it away for 3-0.

Last night I predicted we'd turn up and win 3-0. Wasn't far off.

Bobby Di! AVB anger slightly eased.

You guys summed it up well : ]

Excellent performance by Arsenal, I quit the chelsea FA cup replay to watch this and was not dissapointed, Chamberlain is gonna be immense in the future I wish Chelsea would give some of our younger players the same opportunity.

Chelsea were so different today, watch the match replay if you can.

Sunday should have reinforced that into your head forever. No disrespect to the fans on here but they really do have such an inflated opinion of themselves.

It's only a few of them to be honest. Cole without a doubt, and Lampard I believe. I'm happy with the new generation of players and the disrespectful players won't be around in the next 2-3 years anyway thankfully.

Let's make a petition to have Fady change teams.

He has enough teams :p

Just 2 :p I do have an appreciation for many teams though, Juventus, Arsenal, Newcastle, Tottenham, Man City, Porto, I could go on and on. The two that I love will always be the same though :p

Salazar

Also, is it fully confirmed about Pogba :eek:?? As I actually like Juventus, I look forward to seeing him play there :D

tbh, much as I like Juventus, I can't help wanting Pogba to learn a lesson for being on Raiola's leash.

I don't particularly wish him well.

Fady K

DAT MULTI POST

Here is the expansion pack :p

Fady should support Man City. He'd be their best fan. :D

I think you'd make a good fan for any team yourself. We're good fans :D

Chelsea need to hire Fady as an image consultant.

I'd go for it. But not without grabbing most of you with me. Kyle for coaching!

You want more than half of Chelsea's tweets to be about F.C. Barcelona?

I kid because I care Fady

Haha! You know too much :D I'd have to be very cautious about that, may get fired because of it eventually :p

I sort of like the Chelsea do dickish PR things. It's like they don't give a fuck what people think. Neither we do.

Agreed. At this rate, to everyone the club is an embarrassment and a disgrace, with only cunts for players, a headless chicken for an owner, and a nightmare PR team. And I ain't even mad :D

tbh, much as I like Juventus, I can't help wanting Pogba to learn a lesson for being on Raiola's leash.

I don't particularly wish him well.

Why did he leave though? He was very promising and could have had a chance to impress a legendary manager. I don't know why he gave in so quickly.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

...in four years. :p

First. A header.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00979/steven_gerrard_mila_979897a.jpg[IMG]

Then, a Czech midfielder.

[IMG]http://images.mediastorehouse.net/128/4496725_450_450_0_0_fit_0_f39f0ad00880029139c45717465172cb.jpg[IMG]

And then a penalty.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g135/pyoungson/alonso_scoring.png[IMG]

OH.

MY.

FUCKING.

GOD.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vTsIE.jpg

It was funny coming from Inter.

elsk

Banned
So, do you think Bayern will do the job? I'm a little nervous, I assume Bastian is still 2 weeks from match fitness. I think only Ribery is on form, Muller and Robben are still a little off Gomez was horrible against Neverkusen. But the match is at home so that is a big plus.

I don't really know. Schweini is back in training, not full training but there's still a week to the match. I don't really know the result, maybe after the match against Hoffenheim we could come to some kind of aprox. result but right now all is a big question mark. Remember we're playing in the Allianz Arena, and we're pretty good there even if we're in a "crisis".

btw, some bayern news:

Bild: club discussed Heynckes' future after Schalke match, don't wanna sack him during the season. Potential successors Favre (Gladbach) and Slomka (Hannover). Favre is KHR's favorite, Hoeneß prefers Slomka.

Sport Bild: FCB wants GK backup, right-back, midfielder , striker. Dante a done deal.

Salazar

Why did he leave though? He was very promising and could have had a chance to impress a legendary manager. I don't know why he gave in so quickly.

Impatience. And, I confidently assume, being told that it was unfair for his development into a first team player to take the ordinary length of time.

I mean, look at the dues Cleverley and Welbeck paid. No chance Pogba was going to stick around for that.

And of course top clubs were interested in him. They had to pay fuck all for him.

xintin

good to hear RDM may have the team functioning as, shock, a team. Just one game, though. Let's see if we can string together something positive.

But if Lampard starts mouthing off about being left on the bench for a few games I hope Eddie or RDM pop him in the fucking mouth.

Wilbur

Banned
Gif is hypnotising. Ah well, let's see him pushed around co-ownership deals and not fulfil his potential when he's playing at Empoli.

Clegg

Heres the Ravel Morrison counterpart to the Pogba gif

ravel-morrison.gif

We could have had these 2 at United. If only they weren't so thick. *sigh*

Rikkun

just read about the arsenal game. poor guys. thats just cruel. btw, is henry still with the team or did he leave already?

He should already be in USA.

And after all I'm happy for Milan, so they can focus on CL and let us live the italian dream.
Also, our score gets better!

But I would've laughed SO HARD if they were kicked out.

Blackhead

Redarse
What's the best way to resize a gif so it's smaller without losing much quality? Could someone help me out with a gif making tips (on a mac if that is a factor)? Thanks in advance.

xintin

i cant believe i forgot to ask this, its probably the most important thing from any of today's games: is eva still on the bench for chelsea?!

Dibbz

just read about the arsenal game. poor guys. thats just cruel. btw, is henry still with the team or did he leave already?

He left before the first leg at the San Siro.

Yes Eva is still there. Fuck knows why Lampard complains so much about being on the bench.

Messi

Ah yes, Barca vs Leverkusen today. Would like to see this:

Tello/pedro - Cesc - Messi
Xavi - Thiago - Keita
Abi - Pique - Masch - Alves
Valdes

We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom