• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Ah yes, Barca vs Leverkusen today. Would like to see this:

Tello/pedro - Cesc - Messi
Xavi - Thiago - Keita
Abi - Pique - Masch - Alves
Valdes

We shall see.

Abidals injured, so are Puyol and Thiago. (+ Afellay, Villa and Fontas) Sanchez of course also injured.

Sanchez is injured? What's wrong with him :/

Got injured last game, here's the clip of Pep yelling and raging when Sanchez got injured. Complains to him about playing 90minutes for Chile.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Stupid friendlies. We have an important game tomorrow and both our starting CBs got injured.

edit:
my mother's c*nt, Alex! 90 minutes !! - referring to playing the entire friendly match against Ghana - use your head

Awesome
B4j0R.gif
B4j0R.gif
B4j0R.gif

vall03

just watched the Arsenal - Milan replay, superb first half performance from Arsenal. Lots of chances and everyone was solid. Second half wasn't as promising but we almost got it. So close, I just hope we continue playing with this form throughout the rest of PL.

Messi

Abidals injured, so are Puyol and Thiago. (+ Afellay, Villa and Fontas) Sanchez of course also injured.

Got injured last game, here's the clip of Pep yelling and raging when Sanchez got injured. Complains to him about playing 90minutes for Chile.

How did I miss those injurys? when did they happen?

edit: Maaaan, Pep is being a dickhead in that video. Why play him if he knew he had a knock.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm pissed off that the one in the away kit in the bottom corner isn't next to the other three in the away kit instead of having a home kit on the end of it. I'm genuinely annoyed.

Salazar

I wish it is.

If true i'm guessing Fergie must be pissed that 2 young players he thought would be future United stars are/will be playing at different clubs next season.

It's going to happen to all clubs, though. It's only getting easier to get at academy and reserves lads.

Clubs take a minimal risk, agents get a nice cut and a boosted profile.

I wish it is.

If true i'm guessing Fergie must be pissed that 2 young players he thought would be future United stars are/will be playing at different clubs next season.
He'll get over it alot quicker than the fans will.

Pogba and Morrison are both great talents, definitely the two best talents from our youth system over the last few years. But people are making the mistake of assuming they were nailed on to be top players. It's never that simple and it's very rare that a player breaks through from the academy and goes on to be a hit in the first team.

The club has done the right thing. Morrison was more trouble than he was worth. Pogba was offered a deal. He didn't want to accept it. That's fair enough, it's his decision and he's made it. There was no need at all for us to pay him an unrealistic amount or throw him straight into the first team. A young player should be patient, work hard, wait for his chance and when it comes...take it.

Pogba was in the youth team less than a year ago. He is crazy is he thinks he's worth £20k a week or good enough for first team football. I hope he gets game time at Juve and fulfils his talent...but if he doesn't, I'll smile a little to myself.

FWIW, Morrison is alot more talented than Pogba and Ferguson willingly let him go, so I'm sure the loss of Pogba will be easier to deal with.

elsk

Banned
Usually when a youngster leaves Bayern because he wants to be first team player already and a foreign club comes around to offer him that, the kid fails.

Last case at Bayern was Christoph Knasmüller. Inter came around offering him money and first team football. van Gaal and the board said fuck him, he leaves to Inter gets zero play time, and 6 months later now he's at FC Ingolstadt 04 haha. The kid was talented, but he ruined his career already.

FootballFan

How did I miss those injurys? when did they happen?

edit: Maaaan, Pep is being a dickhead in that video. Why play him if he knew he had a knock.

I dont know when those injuries happened either, but the talk in the Barca forums is that Thiago and Abidal got injured during international duty, damn friendlies..

The full squad for the Leverkusen game:
Víctor Valdés y Pinto;
Dani Alves, Gerard Piqué, Muniesa, Montoya, Bartra y Adriano;
Mascherano, Sergio Busquets, Cesc Fàbregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Keita, Jonathan dos Santos y Sergi Roberto
Messi, Pedro, Cuenca y Tello

Salazar

Usually when a youngster leaves Bayern because he wants to be first team player already and a foreign club comes around to offer him that, the kid fails.

Lad I went to school with is finally getting his chance at Utrecht, recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20tG-6wLDr8

It was looking for a while like, unbelievably, leaving the A League was a bad career move, but he's quality. Bulk would help, but I think a good Championship side would be well-advised to have a look.

I'm pissed off that the one in the away kit in the bottom corner isn't next to the other three in the away kit instead of having a home kit on the end of it. I'm genuinely annoyed.

Wilbury, you have the emotional strength of a scared bunny rabbit.

Because I have no team to talk about because they are rubbish, my current form in FIFA is remarkable.

Messi

I dont know when those injuries happened either, but the talk in the Barca forums is that Thiago and Abidal got injured during international duty, damn friendlies..

The full squad for the Leverkusen game:
Víctor Valdés y Pinto;
Dani Alves, Gerard Piqué, Muniesa, Montoya, Bartra y Adriano;
Mascherano, Sergio Busquets, Cesc Fàbregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Keita, Jonathan dos Santos y Sergi Roberto
Messi, Pedro, Cuenca y Tello

Ok going by that, I predict:

Valdes
Alves-Pique-Masch-Adriano
Keita-xavi-busi/iniesta
Messi-Cesc-Cuenca

Lad I went to school with is finally getting his chance at Utrecht, recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20tG-6wLDr8

It was looking for a while like, unbelievably, leaving the A League was a bad career move, but he's quality. Bulk would help, but I think a good Championship side would be well-advised to have a look.

That's great, I just had a kid I grew up with and mainly played baseball with because he was way to good at hockey to play with me get called up to the Boston Bruins of the NHL. It is crazy to think about shit like that.

Messi

Went to my local sports shop today and they had gotten all the new euro kits in. So I tried on:

Spain home and Away
Germany Home
France Away
Netherlands Away
Portugal Away
Ireland Away

and a bonus

Brazil Away

Lucky to have made it out of that shop with my money still in my wallet. All of them are sexy as hell. I really love the material in adidas kits this go around. Germanys is sweet.

Went to my local sports shop today and they had gotten all the new euro kits in. So I tried on:

Spain home and Away
Germany Home
France Away
Netherlands Away
Portugal Away
Ireland Away

and a bonus

Brazil Away

Lucky to have made it out of that shop with my money still in my wallet. All of them are sexy as hell. I really love the material in adidas kits this go around. Germanys is sweet.

I'm about to have an expensive summer of kit buying. U.S. kit, Germany Away, and possibly that Dutch Away kit. Napoli kit, plus whatever team I played as in the Airtricity Derby last night :p

Clegg

So you went into a shop, tried 8 different jerseys on, and didn't buy a single one?

You trolled the shit out of those shop attendents.

Messi

So you went into a shop, tried 8 different jerseys on, and didn't buy a single one?

You trolled the shit out of those shop attendents.

I didn't ask for help, intent was there if they werent such thiefs. 85 euro no thank you. :p

For the record, I went in to buy the spain away but it didnt fit, needed the next size. I was just curious about the fit of the others as of recent weight loss. I will buy them in the us this june.

Salazar

Most of my kit buying is done in person, again due to weight.

Good idea. I just blew an embarrassing sum buying trousers online.

It was like wearing a sarong. Shirts are fine, but I was a mentalist to think I could guess about trousers.

Messi

Wait, is it a shopping no no to try on stuff for size, not asking for help, and then not buy it? I have never head of this. If the spain kit fit I would have bought it. Somtimes I try on kits and I decide to buy it. Nearly happened with netherlands today.

Good idea. I just blew an embarrassing sum buying trousers online.

It was like wearing a sarong. Shirts are fine, but I was a mentalist to think I could guess about trousers.

Nike have been really bad recently with their kits being all different shapes and sizes. some have shorter sleeves or tighter sleeves. so I do trust buying it online anymore.

Salazar

Wait, is it a shopping no no to try on stuff for size, not asking for help, and then not buy it?

Eh, I wouldn't give a fuck.

Some of the women's fashion shops get salty about it because they are mad at getting undercut so hard online. They've just got to deal with it, though. Some of the dumber ones periodically make noise about introducing a small charge to try something on. Which is embarrassing, frankly.

Messi

Eh, I wouldn't give a fuck.

Some of the women's fashion shops get salty about it because they are mad at getting undercut so hard online. They've just got to deal with it, though. Some of the dumber ones periodically make noise about introducing a small charge to try something on. Which is embarrassing, frankly.

I don't give a fuck personally. I mind my own business, I am tall enough to get stuff from higher shelves ect. I have been burned too many times buying stuff without trying it on. I don't think anyone paid any attention to me today anyway.

I am actually the type of person who is easily pressurised, so if someone had come and asked me if I wanted help with the netherlands kit. I would likey have paniced and bought it :/. Awful habit has burnt me many times.

Salazar

Syd has a neck tattoo and she still rocks my world.

Oh dear.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Rangers-players-throw-out-wage-cut-plan.html

Good lad. said:
The first exits from the squad came early. Out went Gregg Wylde and Mervan Celik, both of whom offered to accept unemployment without terms. “I volunteered to walk with no redundancy package today to help the other people in the club who have families, like the kitchen staff,” the 20-year-old Wylde told BBC Scotland. “At the moment I have nowhere to go and I don’t have another club, but I thought it was important to play my part in saving Rangers.”

Ruh-Roh said:
However, by 7pm the demands of what were described by one source as agents for “a clutch of senior players” threatened to wreck the entire process. It is understood that they desired an easy exit in the summer, while the administrators wanted a deal in which their transfer values would be tangible, but not unreasonable, in order to retain worth in the club as a business. Among the players cited by sources were Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker and those from the United States, a contingent that includes Maurice Edu and Carlos Bocanegra, another two first-team regulars. Allan McGregor, the Rangers goalkeeper – and one of the highest-paid players on the payroll – issued a statement through his solicitor to emphasise he had not been one of those who had refused to take a pay cut.

I think fan antagonism might reach a dangerous point if these senior players keep it up.

bjaelke

Controversial Liverpool star Luis Suarez is on Paris Saint-Germain's shopping list as part of an £85million summer spending spree.

The French club's Qatari owner has promised similar investment EVERY year until they are the biggest club in Europe.

Billionaire Nasser Al-Khelaifi, the chairman of Qatar Sports Investment, said: "We are already looking at the market for next season.

"We have clear targets in mind. It is true that we want Luis Suarez and [Real Madrid striker] Gonzalo Higuain.

"Our real short-term targets are to win the Champions League and find a new Lionel Messi."

Al-Khelaifi sanctioned the £40m signing of Palermo playmaker Javier Pastore last summer and was ready to pay out for David Beckham, Carlos Tevez and AC Milan's Alexandre Pato in January.

He says PSG, already topping the French league under former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti, planned to spend 100m euros a year for the next "five or six years".

"We will spend what is normal for a top-class club," he continued. "We prefer to invest a lot and immediately.

"In the next five or six years, we still spend this amount. Then the investments will slow."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom