• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

The refereeing in England is so bad I'm tempted to follow La Liga.

and you can clearly tell the second "goal" earlier killed Tottenham.

Mr. Sam

Because Arsenal fans would all stay to the end when losing 4-1 of course

I stayed when Charlton were losing 4-0 to Fulham in the cup this season, but I suppose it's different when you're hardly expecting to win. Also, I'm a remarkable human being.

Mikel shouldn't of done that but fuck me, Scott Parker needs to dry up.

I enjoyed Terry dry humping Parker when trying to relax him. Also yes, please fucking sell Mikel already, got enough defensive midfielders, need someone who isn't completely shit at making a pass and shooting on goal.

untitled-237cki5.gif

untitled-2436kmc.gif

untitled-25g8k3h.gif

Wilbur

Banned
The refereeing in England is so bad I'm tempted to follow La Liga.

and you can clearly tell the second "goal" earlier killed Tottenham.

Wherever you go there will be shit refereeing. You should still watch La Liga though, still a lot of quality outside the top two.

Anderson

Hungover like hell but Spurs crumbling has picked me right up. Bad couple of weeks for refereeing, got two diabolical decisions in this game alone. Can only hope the FA cave under the inevitable media frenzy about it happening in their own cup competition at their stadium

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fuck Chelsea and fuck Martin Atkinson. If our goal had got us back to 1-1, we would have played it smart and waited for a chance. We opened up and got drubbed with some good goals, but Chelsea got away with a goal that was never, ever, ever ever ever ever a goal (just like at the Bridge last season) and a red card for Mikel (not that it mattered). At least we softened you up a bit for Barca, with Sideshow Bob crocking himself.

Hopefully the anger carrying over from this game will help us win our last 5 games. We'll have the last laugh if we get 4th.

Fintan

Huh, obviously the score ended up looking convincing but you do wonder what sort of ripple effect that not-goal had. If it hadn't happened it could have gone differently. Maybe Spurs would've won or maybe they wouldn't have scored at all.

Kyoufu

Spurs gonna bottle the rest of the season now to set up a Newcastle 4th spot? YES PLEASE.

That would be fantastic. They have such easy games left on paper though :\

Wherever you go there will be shit refereeing. You should still watch La Liga though, still a lot of quality outside the top two.

Yeah I will for sure. Though the only team I really like is Barca (always liked them since the 90s) but I can't claim to be a fan since it would just be glory hunting :lol

La Liga isn't that much better. Couldn't you just start watching another sport?

I used to watch a lot of Cricket and Snooker. They both bore me to tears now :\

Moobabe

Fuck Chelsea and fuck Martin Atkinson. If our goal had got us back to 1-1, we would have played it smart and waited for a chance. We opened up and got drubbed with some good goals, but Chelsea got away with a goal that was never, ever, ever ever ever ever a goal (just like at the Bridge last season) and a red card for Mikel (not that it mattered). At least we softened you up a bit for Barca, with Sideshow Bob crocking himself.

Hopefully the anger carrying over from this game will help us win our last 5 games. We'll have the last laugh if we get 4th.

So salty. Ifs, buts and maybes - how well did Spurs play, honestly, aside from the phantom goal? Bale? Lennon? Modric? Anonymous. Drogba bossed the back 4, Mata was hugely influential and even some of the fringe players stepped up today. Chech didn't have much to do at all in the second half - and for all the talk of our second "deflating" Spurs - after that goal they performed better than they did throughout the entire game.

Kyoufu

We lost to Norwich at home, and were outplayed.

This team is done for the season

Even so, we have Stoke at home, Wigan away, Chelsea away and Man City at home.

If we finish 4th we'll deserve it but it will be difficult. At least we're on form I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom