• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Wasn't PNE in administration and having trouble paying its players?

Last year they were wound up by HMRC for not paying taxes. Since then Trevor Hemmings bought them, he's a friend of Fergie hence why he hired Darren Ferguson as manager. They then got loads of United players on loan and the minute he was sacked Fergie Snr called them all back and left them with not enough players to even fill a subs bench.

They have a pretty big wage bill for a League One side and at last count it was said that the owner is paying in best part of £500,000 a month to keep the club running. He said that has to stop soon though.

So yeah, they're in a bit of a mess on and off the field. They could be relegated again if they keep losing and drawing. I think they've only had like 2/3 wins since Xmas under Graham Westley.

Carbonox

Last year they were wound up by HMRC for not paying taxes. Since then Trevor Hemmings bought them, he's a friend of Fergie hence why he hired Darren Ferguson as manager. They then got loads of United players on loan and the minute he was sacked Fergie Snr called them all back and left them with not enough players to even fill a subs bench.

They have a pretty big wage bill for a League One side and at last count it was said that the owner is paying in best part of £500,000 a month to keep the club running. He said that has to stop soon though.

So yeah, they're in a bit of a mess on and off the field. They could be relegated again if they keep losing and drawing. I think they've only had like 2/3 wins since Xmas under Graham Westley.

Such a waste for him to ditch Stevenage for shite.

jacknicholsonnodding.gif
Valencia played 3/4 games at RB aswell.

M'Vila is a great player, I'm not sure he's what Arsenal need most though. He'd cost 20m and I think Arsenal should look to buy a ST, AM/FW and CB before they invest in the CM area. Song and Wilshere are pretty good and there's decent back up there too.

To be fair Westley deserves it! He is the biggest dick in football I know...He was at Farnborough for a couple a years and was helping fund the club then one day walked out on the club took all his money and 3/4 of our players! A year later the club folded and we had to start again!

I didn't tell the fucker to go in and break the first leg he saw. At least didn't complain about the two weeks fine, to make it all worse I hit the cross bar in stoppage time and Siena ran up and scored on a counter attack to make it 1-1.
LLShC.gif

Got a good replacement for Silvestre in the defense who is now injured. 36 years old and in his best Serie A age. Despite him the teams average age is still 22.

tOK7r.jpg

munoz becomes very good in my game. he is a starter in my table-topping cesena side.

munoz becomes very good in my game. he is a starter in my table-topping cesena side.

Yeah he is amazingly overrated. I kind of switch around my defense completely for matches (Both Serie A, CL and the cup), so it's not like he isn't getting any playtime despite being out of the squad in that screenshot, actually he's usually the one who starts the important matches with Silvestre.

Prestia is also developing very well, he debuted in my game against Juve as I had so many injured, he was stll only 17 but he scored the first goal in a 3-1 victory.

dc89

To be fair Westley deserves it! He is the biggest dick in football I know...He was at Farnborough for a couple a years and was helping fund the club then one day walked out on the club took all his money and 3/4 of our players! A year later the club folded and we had to start again!

Dayumn. Westley isn't the most popular guy. My Luton supporting friend does not like him at all :p

Carbonox

Dayumn. Westley isn't the most popular guy. My Luton supporting friend does not like him at all :p

Luton and Stevenage are rivals is why. :p Some heated shit always happens when games happen between the two.

Stevenage fans don't like Westley much now either because he ditched the team for an inferior one.

A few of you might find this amusing.

Game of Thrones–to–English Premier League Converter

Some of my favorites

The Liverpool and Chelsea ones are pretty spot on.

I was with this, and about to give Grantland some praise, which I haven't done in a long time, especially concerning their shitty football coverage, and then I saw this.

ASTON VILLA: THE FREYS
A noble house populated by a weaselly people whose only asset is their central location. Bitter and constantly suspicious of perceived marginalization, cantankerous President Emeritus Doug Ellis is Walder Frey. Emile Heskey is, of course, Fat Walda.

Doug Ellis has almost zero relevance at this club anymore. If I go by that, I should now be a Tottenham fan because my favorite house is the Tyrells.

Over it. Back to pretending Grantland doesn't exist. (Which is a shame, because they do have an occasional good article)

Slizz

A few pics from today's training.

http://i.imgur.com/NC4Pw.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4UOdB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TRAsg.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Those boots are slick and that hair is feathery.

Saw the season premiere of GoT yesterday... Cannot wait for the rest of this season.

[spoiler]dragons n boobs[/spoiler]

GorillaJu

That Game of Thrones / Premier League comparison is pretty good.

I'm not from the UK, but it seems to me Robb Stark has a bit of a Scouse accent, or am I mistaken? Would make the Stark / Liverpool analogy even more apt. Suarez = Greyjoy is perfect hahaha

Arnie

I'm not from the UK, but it seems to me Robb Stark has a bit of a Scouse accent, or am I mistaken? Would make the Stark / Liverpool analogy even more apt. Suarez = Greyjoy is perfect hahaha

It seems to me that Robb Stark speaks with a Yorkshire accent, Leeds specifically. The actor's Scottish originally. And Ned speaks with a badass Sheffield accent. Makes Robb seem like a bit of a dweeb.

Kyoufu

Guys, I know this is off-topic but Monday Night Raw was amazing last night.

This week has been amazing. Newcastle made Liverpool the April Fools and then Wrestlemania (which wasn't that good tbh) then 2 Game of Thrones episodes then an amazing Monday Night Raw....

CAN THIS WEEK GET ANY BETTER?!

GorillaJu

It seems to me that Robb Stark speaks with a Yorkshire accent, Leeds specifically. The actor's Scottish originally. And Ned speaks with a badass Sheffield accent. Makes Robb seem like a bit of a dweeb.

Thanks. I really can't tell the difference very well, a strong Scouse accent is really obvious to me (err.. anyone), but beyond that, I can't tell regional accents apart at all.

elseanio

I think some of the low life scum on the wall have Scouse accents
:(

@oilysailor: Players from England, Scotland & Wales make up 46% of the PL this season but have 57% of the bookings for simulation. Bloody foreig... oh.

Betfred have paid out on United winning the title :lol

Facism

Thanks for the boot recommendation earlier in the thread, chaps. Tried a pair of size 10 Tiempo's and they were still too tight.

Ended up with a cheap pair of metallic red T90 exacto IVs. Actually fitted better than the Tiempos, even though they're still a little tight. Not going to piss and moan about over a few hours of football a week. Could have ordered a wide-fit custom from the nike website but it came out at £100 after adding "BIGDICK" and "69" heel signatures teehee.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^
^
Donate one week of Tevez's salary. World hunger solved!

Seriously, rich footballers should think about doing this.

My girlfriend got into Northwestern University Graduate School!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one of the hardest school in the country to get into and it means I'm moving to Chicago!!
Congrats :D You're so close to Derrick Rose
kDK6s.gif

Don't know how many will be able to appreciate this since it's in italian, but still.

The child: "He's not my father."

This guy explains why it wasn't a goal.

HAHA the first video is awesome!! The 2nd one is set to private!?

Kyoufu

There should be a salary donation week every year where EVERY player in the top leagues gives a week of their wages to charity.

Yen

^
^
Donate one week of Tevez's salary. World hunger solved!
Seriously, rich footballers should think about doing this.

Bellamy does a lot for charity in Africa, gives a sizeable portion of his wages to a soccer academy in Sierra Leone.

Apparently Real Madrid want Aguero. Well, they did want him last summer aswell but seemed like they couldn't make it happen. Not sure how interested they really are, not like their current strike force is lacking...Maradonna thinks he should go though.

Kun has to play for Real Madrid. Even though he is flying at City, the best thing would have been to sign for Madrid. He made a mistake. Now, as he is doing so well, it will be difficult to get him from City. However if Madrid want someone, they get them.

dc89

Apparently Real Madrid want Aguero. Well, they did want him last summer aswell but seemed like they couldn't make it happen. Not sure how interested they really are, not like their current strike force is lacking...Maradonna thinks he should go though.

pushy father in laws are the worst.

Carbonox

PSG are going to bid for Ba in the summer. It'll be a miracle if he stays.

Indeed. Knowing our luck though, he'll leave and his knee goes bust, forcing him out of action for insane amounts of time, essentially giving us free money. It's a miracle he's lasted so long with us.

Still, I'd rather him stay. He may not be scoring now but his partnership with Cisse is great and they compliment eachother well. It will only get better IMO.

If he does go then I'd like us to try and get Giroud from Montpellier. An unlikely and difficult goal though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You guys gave me an excuse to post this :p

Z4C8Z.jpg

elseanio said:
Yeah, to be honest... most players do loads for charity.

That's true, but probably not often enough. BAE is right on the money.

Carbonox

Do you think management would sell him? He has obviously been our most consistent striker by far.

Holy crap, that new Argentina away kit is a thing of beauty.

There's not many strikers out there who would do a better job for City than Aguero, IMO. They'd be mad to sell him, regardless if the fee was huge.

Pics of this new Argentina kit?

GorillaJu

Indeed. Knowing our luck though, he'll leave and his knee goes bust, forcing him out of action for insane amounts of time, essentially giving us free money. It's a miracle he's lasted so long with us.

Still, I'd rather him stay. He may not be scoring now but his partnership with Cisse is great and they compliment eachother well. It will only get better IMO.

If he does go then I'd like us to try and get Giroud from Montpellier. An unlikely and difficult goal though.

Newcastle has done a great job at what Liverpool's new owners wanted us to do: find underrated talent that other clubs weren't willing to go in for at a good price. The "moneyball" tactic has worked out really well for you guys this season.

Ba is an important part in Newcastle's attacks still. He has a lot of good "forward" qualities, not just no. 9 qualities. You should definitely try to keep him.

Kun is an Atletico boy, he should never even entertain the idea of playing for Real Madrid.

Meier

There's not many strikers out there who would do a better job for City than Aguero, IMO. They'd be mad to sell him, regardless if the fee was huge.

Pics of this new Argentina kit?

I agree. Dzeko seems better suited for coming in late and poaching a goal or two and who knows about Balotelli. No clue if we'll try and sell Tevez or what at this point. The Argentina away kit has been around for the past year it looks like, but I hadn't seen it before. This is Kun's photo on wiki.

600px-Suisse_vs_Argentine_-_Sergio_Ag%C3%BCero.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom