• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

I don't think Chelsea will score again.

Barca fell asleep at the back. I don't think that will happen a second time.

In the first minutes of preassuring Barça they managed to create a goal. You reserved 8 damn players, put some infernal preassure on their defenders, without Pique they can't conduct the ball as well.

Valdes was off his line for the Ronaldo goal too. Why is he being shit?

He was always shit?

Remember when ppl were saying that he was better than casillas? LOLOOOOOOOLLLLLL

Moobabe

I know but the RVP send off was a bullshit send off...

This one was pretty stupid - we've had our share of bullshit red cards against this side too. Hope we can hold out.

Was that not a sending off offence in your opinion?

It's stupid from Terry, sure, and a man of his experience shouldn't be tempting the Barca players or the officials into making a decision. Because there's only one.

I thought John Terry's knee to the thigh wasn't worth a red card at all.
It's a deliberate assault on another player off the ball. The rules don't take into account severity (which is how Ibrahimovic was retroactively banned for slapping a player on the cheek) or whether Sanchez made the most of it, so it's a pretty clear red.

Fantomex

3 Things.

Abidal has been vastly underrated for the last 3 years. Today is a testament to that.
Pep overthinks things. He is pretty much playing with 8 midfielders. I have no idea why.
Messi getting 90 minutes every game and not being subbed has really fatigued him. I saw a loss in his acceleration close to a month ago.

Can't watch the game live, but how the fuck is that a red card?! Sanchez(is it?) turns around and is like "oh snap, Terry is about to pull a Terry!...acting muse, don't let me down!"
Laughable. Being an asshole doesn't automatically warrant you a red card, that should be yellow at the most. Fucking unicef conspiracy..

Hope Chelsea can pull it through.

Fry

I had to switch off for 15 minutes and I miss 3 goals and a red card. ffs.

Sunhi got your back

untitled-2hkj9d.gif

untitled-3evkn0.gif

untitled-42kb0y.gif

untitled-5hwxas.gif

Terry, what in the fucking hell were you doing?

What a joke, he's supposed to be our captain and leader and he does that. After everything we did in the first leg to go through and he's chucked it away.

Gutted Cahill is off as well.

We can do this though, we just need a LOT of luck.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I still wonder how our game at the Nou Camp would have played out had RVP not unfairly been sent off...

The game where you had zero shots? It wouldn't have mattered same as if Crouch hadn't got a red against Real last season.

Clegg

From the Guardian:

What a vicious, preposterous, pathetic red card that was from John Terry. What an oaf. He should be ashamed of himself, but knowing him he won't think he's done anything wrong. Sanchez was minding his own business and suddenly Terry had booted him up the backside. If Chelsea go out, he won't be able to look any of his team-mates in the eye again.

dc89

From the Guardian:

What a vicious, preposterous, pathetic red card that was from John Terry. What an oaf. He should be ashamed of himself, but knowing him he won't think he's done anything wrong. Sanchez was minding his own business and suddenly Terry had booted him up the backside. If Chelsea go out, he won't be able to look any of his team-mates in the eye again.

He's banged everything that moves at Chelsea and he still looks them in eye, he will have no problem.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Intentionally kneeing players isn't really part of the game, though.

He should know full well that this Barca team are a bunch of cheating pansies, completely idiotic

true. Just look at the reaction.

He gets hit, corrects his stance then remember he's a big girl and rolls around on the floor.

untitled-3evkn0.gif

seriously, go play netball or something.

Salvadora

From the Guardian:

Maybe its all part of his plan?

Top Bottom