• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

Will winning anything other than the league title or Champions League be considered a success? Am I the only one who doesn't care about the FA and Carling Cups? Another question. Will we win anything in the near future?

Even if they win a friendly tournament, 300.000 people will march on the streets of London.

dc89

Will winning anything other than the league title or Champions League be considered a success? Am I the only one who doesn't care about the FA and Carling Cups? Another question. Will we win anything in the near future?

I think Arsenal shouldn't have an opinion that the Carling Cup is not worth winning, that it's below them etc. Hell, I'd love City to win it at any stage. It's a trophy at the end of the day, and success breeds success or so they say.

elsk

Banned
What if you won the Champions League but only ever had 49% possession in each game?

Outrageous!
If you don't have more possession you already lost!
right, guys?????

(btw, I think that part of "you already lost" is wrong no?, what's the correct way of saying/writing it?)

Clegg

What if you won the Champions League but only ever had 49% possession in each game?

Advantage, Viva.

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

kharma45

Howard Nurse writing on Twitter to expect some transfer news from United in the next 10 days.

Fingers crossed a) it happens and b) it's a signing not someone leaving.

vall03

who the hell started this Llorente to Arsenal "news" in Twitter? besides its not like Wenger to go for someone like him.

Clegg

Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse

@waltersobchak01: @howardnurse any Transfer news for Utd? Not currently, but got a feeling might be something in next 10 days.

Doesn't really sound like he knows anything tbh.

Just saw the highlights of our match against France, and even though we lost I'm still very happy with our performance. I still wish we had a better defence and we should have at least tied we still performed way better under Lagerback than that useless asshat Ólafur.

Also, Kolbeinn+Björn Berg frontline should be mandatory for the next 15 years.

kharma45

Doesn't really sound like he knows anything tbh.

But his tweet after of 'Kagawa link with #MUFC is an interesting one. Just maybe.' is certainly something more solid.

Considering he's Editor for the BBC Football site I'd be inclined to give him more time than most people on Twitter.

who the hell started this Llorente to Arsenal "news" in Twitter? besides its not like Wenger to go for someone like him.
A Spanish journalist for the paper El Mundo Deportivo.

Howard Nurse knows nothing BTW. He basically comes to know things once he's told to put them on the site, won't know anything ahead of time or have any inside knowledge.

Haven't been following transfer gossip too closely considering Hazard got linked to City, Chelsea and United within the same week as if it was a done deal.

So...any confirmed news on Hazard?

Clegg

Haven't been following transfer gossip too closely considering Hazard got linked to City, Chelsea and United within the same week as if it was a done deal.

According to L'Equipe:

Chelsea are now favourites, United still in with a chance and City have dropped out of the race altogether.

Someone tried to keep the ball rolling by linking him to Arsenal...little did they know that was a combo breaker.

FootballFan

We managed to lose against New Zealand in fucking football. This is a dark day.

you can't stop a-league legend shane smeltz

Spain final 23:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Valdés y Reina.
Defenders: Arbeloa, Juanfran, Ramos, Piqué, Albiol, Javi Martínez y Jordi Alba.
Midfield: Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Cazorla, Silva, Mata, Cesc, Pedro y Navas.
Strikers: Llorente, Torres y Negredo.

Negredo instead of Adrian? Albiol? Oh you Del Bosque...

Wow man every midfielder in that squad is just so good.. :S Surprised about Soldado not making it. Puyol and Villa missing sucks though.

Shaqiri is going to use the #11

150425_315679148508369_101609233248696_710605_76238986_n.jpg

:D

Jealous. Such a good signing for Bayern

strong_NUEVAS_EQUIPACIONES_BARCELONA_strong.jpg

I like it more than last season's kit already.

Home kit looks great imo. Away kit just looks bad.

Llorente will announce he is signing for Arsenal in a press conference he's called on Tuesday!

When did that happen?! It's alllllll over Twitter.

wtf when and how did this happen.

Who's willing to overpay for RVP? City?

I hope we don't bid for RVP. Villa + 60mil for RVP ? haha god damn that Ibra transfer was stupid. Eto'o is already better than Ibra yet they add 60mil to that.. :S

Steve Kean wants the Keane brothers on loan from united, with him playin jake Kean in the nets I think he may want to surround himself with as many Kean / Keanes as possible to hide himself from Kean out chants

Salazar

Steve Kean wants the Keane brothers on loan from united, with him playin jake Kean in the nets I think he may want to surround himself with as many Kean / Keanes as possible to hide himself from Kean out chants

Pro - maybe help Blackburn out of a hole.
Con - maybe help Venkys and Kean out of a hole.

Outrageous!
If you don't have more possession you already lost!
right, guys?????

(btw, I think that part of "you already lost" is wrong no?, what's the correct way of saying/writing it?)
Umm, I think it's okay actually. I guess you would say, "You have already lost".

Nooooo. Those two lads are great, don't want them going to a drama ridden club.

GorillaJu

My turn for transfer bullshit – story floating around that LFC is still targeting Jürgen Klopp and that he's the number one target. 300/1 odds a few days ago suddenly 5/1.

I want to believe. Someone hold me.

Edit: it was bullshit indeed! Fake account where the L and I were swapped to imitate a journo. I've been had, again. :(

Martínez may not like the management structure. Rodgers emerging as more likely choice among the two.

My turn for transfer bullshit – story floating around that LFC is still targeting Jürgen Klopp and that he's the number one target. 300/1 odds a few days ago suddenly 5/1.

Martínez may not like the management structure. Rodgers emerging as more likely choice among the two.

Whatever happened to AVB as a candidate?

Yen

Edit: it was bullshit indeed! Fake account where the L and I were swapped to imitate a journo. I've been had, again. :(

Whatever happened to AVB as a candidate?

Fact is, no one has any idea who are next manager and DOF is going to be.

GorillaJu

It is all very secretive. I just want to know who it is so I can start talking up the team and restart the Liverpool seasonal cycle.

elsk

Banned
Not sure really. Interest has cooled though. Thought that his man management is rather poor and his tactics too rigid. May not be good to have two strict disciplinarians (with Van Gaal)

van Gaal is going to bring Jonker as coach, so he (van gaal) indirectly will be the actual coach. After that, he'll sell Luis Suárez and anyone with problems to follow orders.

Terry is going to fill out the role until Guardiola is done resting.

Seriously though, Abramovich is the sort to be looking for complete domination of the League and Europe now after getting the Champion's League, and Di Matteo is clearly not the man for that job.

The guy wants the biggest of everything, from Oil company, to Private Yacht.

If not, I wouldn't be too shocked to see him wanting to sell the club in a year or two.

Just to throw another clown into the circus, the fake twitter based on the Moose from talksport (whoever that is) is adamant that Klopp will be coming. The real Moose from talksport (whoever the fuck that is) was also sure that it'd be Klopp. So its a fake twitter that's basically copying the thoughts of the person its based on, which to me seems like the most pointless use of a fake twitter imaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom