• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

Just to throw another clown into the circus, the fake twitter based on the Moose from talksport (whoever that is) is adamant that Klopp will be coming. The real Moose from talksport (whoever the fuck that is) was also sure that it'd be Klopp. So its a fake twitter that's basically copying the thoughts of the person its based on, which to me seems like the most pointless use of a fake twitter imaginable.

Fake twitter accounts are probably more reliable than Talksport anyway

If not, I wouldn't be too shocked to see him wanting to sell the club in a year or two.

Highly doubt that. He's so deeply invested in football at this point and clearly enjoys it, just look at his Vitesse stuff (which he doesn't own, according to himself... but come on, lol) and him last year wanting to buy Copenhagen and hand it to Arkady Abramovic. There's nothing pointing towards him pulling out of it.

PaulLFC

So now the Times (or is the the Telegraph? don't even know any more) are saying we're speaking to Rodgers again, and Martinez might turn us down because he doesn't want to work under a DOF.

If Martinez says no, and then Rodgers isn't interested, then that only leaves one candidate.

Gunnersaurus

Clegg

Finished Infinite Jest.

I'd recommend it to anyone that even has the slightest interest in reading. It's a phenomenal book. Perfect reading for a forlorn transfer muppet.

Going to start The Yiddish Policemens Union by Michael Chabon.

sneaky77

It would be pretty funny if he announces a contract extension in the press conference.

That's the more likely resolution at this pt. They been working on getting him extended for a while. And there have been no rumors about Arsenal in the Bilbao press at all, I doubt he is going to be going anywhere in secret since the club is not going to negotiate.

elsk

Banned
That's the more likely resolution at this pt. They been working on getting him extended for a while. And there have been no rumors about Arsenal in the Bilbao press at all, I doubt he is going to be going anywhere in secret since the club is not going to negotiate.

What about Javi? Let us have him :)
Do you rate him as DM, or is he better as CB?

Finished Infinite Jest.

I'd recommend it to anyone that even has the slightest interest in reading. It's a phenomenal book. Perfect reading for a forlorn transfer muppet.

Going to start The Yiddish Policemens Union by Michael Chabon.
Love chabon but haven't read Yiddish yet. No kindle format though.

PaulLFC

Anyone else feel like Twitter has made Transfer gossip worse?
Much worse.

I mean, when you see that a fake Twitter account, based on Talkshite of all things - who as their nickname would suggest aren't exactly reliable to start with - can get odds down from 300/1 to 5/1, you know something's not right.

I could probably start a rumour on Twitter, despite the fact I know absolutely nothing. That's the problem with it.

Clegg

Love chabon but haven't read Yiddish yet. No kindle format though.

I wouldn't get a Kindle version of a Chabon book, even if they existed.

I love the cover art too much.

images

PaulLFC

There's a rumour going round that Sky Italia are saying Milan have asked us to release Aquilani on a free so they can sign him for nothing.

No chance
KuGsj.gif

Fintan

I wouldn't get a Kindle version of a Chabon book, even if they existed.

I love the cover art too much.

images

Yiddish Policemen's Union is fantastic. The whole world he creates is really interesting. The audiobook is excellent as well. I love Kavalier and Clay as well. Are his other works worth reading?

Ashes

Banned

Clegg

Yiddish Policemen's Union is fantastic. The whole world he creates is really interesting. The audiobook is excellent as well. I love Kavalier and Klay as well. Are his other works worth reading?

Wonder Boys is my favourite Chabon novel.

Watch the film adaptation too.

It's pretty good.

Anyone else feel like Twitter has made Transfer gossip worse?

Yes. But usually it only takes 2 seconds to realize if it's credible or not, then you just have to deal with the people constantly citing random idiots.

There's a rumour going round that Sky Italia are saying Milan have asked us to release Aquilani on a free so they can sign him for nothing.

No chance
KuGsj.gif

Oh Galliani lol

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/25/manchester-united-dortmund-shinji-kagawa?CMP=twt_gu

^^^ yeah we knew this already from a couple of day back. I was just reading something else, that gave this link credit. And it just goes to show, that we are indeed going round and round in circles.
Don't worry we'll get it done. A lot of the time the news is just recycled over and over do sites can maintain the idea that news is fresh and there are updates to be had so they get hits.

We've made a bid and they've rejected it. Last week the complaint was we hadn't made a bid. These things take time. The season has only finished a week ago, not a single transfer deal has been confirmed so this isn't an isolated case.

It's clear we want him, we've met him and he's said he wants to move to England so we have a great chance to get it done. They'll be another bid before long and then BVB can consider that.

He's away on international duty until June 8th anyway.

Ashes

Banned
Well at least we got:

morrison
pogba
hazard
giggs
scholes
fletcher
carrick
Cleverly.
Anderson.

For the next 3 years and more.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/25/manchester-united-dortmund-shinji-kagawa?CMP=twt_gu

^^^ yeah we knew this already from a couple of day back. I was just reading something else, that gave this link credit. And it just goes to show, that we are indeed going round and round in circles.

I only had to buy him for 65 million pounds in FIFA 12, Man U should aim higher

Apparently this was a thing on twitter a few hours ago before Fox Sports deleted the comment:

Translation?

Soi-Fong

Hmm seemingly from that interview that the Japanese reported did with Kagawa, he might be thinking long and hard about Arsenal. Seems odd that Kagawa didn't want to even talk about it almost like hiding that a deal with Arsenal is nearly finalized.

Salazar

Hmm seemingly from that interview that the Japanese reported did with Kagawa, he might be thinking long and hard about Arsenal. Seems odd that Kagawa didn't want to even talk about it almost like hiding that a deal with Arsenal is nearly finalized.

Are you Clegg in disguise ?

GorillaJu

I figured that he was under some kind of NDA or it wa requested he didn't publicize the details of any transfer workings, but when asked about Ferguson, he could respond to it since it was basically public knowledge that he'd had a meeting.

I would think he spoke with Arsenal reps who asked him not to divulge anything. A player of his ability being so obviously available would surely attract interest from more than one club.

My guess is that he's weighing his options - basically between Arsenal's style, which isn't too far off from Dortmund and would match well with him, or the fame and fortune of United.

He said in the interview that if he's able to make his mark in England, it'll open the doors for more Japanese players, of which there are many in the Bundesliga but few in the PL.

Miyaichi has been superb for Bolton but is still really young, where Kagawa is just entering into his best years as a footballer. He could be a really big deal. I just wish it wasn't with such an unpalatable team. =\

Soi-Fong

I figured that he was under some kind of NDA or it wa requested he didn't publicize the details of any transfer workings, but when asked about Ferguson, he could respond to it since it was basically public knowledge that he'd had a meeting.

I would think he spoke with Arsenal reps who asked him not to divulge anything. A player of his ability being so obviously available would surely attract interest from more than one club.

My guess is that he's weighing his options - basically between Arsenal's style, which isn't too far off from Dortmund and would match well with him, or the fame and fortune of United.

He said in the interview that if he's able to make his mark in England, it'll open the doors for more Japanese players, of which there are many in the Bundesliga but few in the PL.

Miyaichi has been superb for Bolton but is still really young, where Kagawa is just entering into his best years as a footballer. He could be a really big deal. I just wish it wasn't with such an unpalatable team. =

What's up with you hating United Morsel? Haha

Lightning

Banned

Miyaichi has been superb for Bolton but is still really young, where Kagawa is just entering into his best years as a footballer. He could be a really big deal. I just wish it wasn't with such an unpalatable team. =\
If Arsenal are involved he will have been told to shut up. That's just the way Arsenal like to do things.

GorillaJu

It's all friendly anyway. It's a game after all.

I'm just bitter about Kagawa because he's exactly the type of player Liverpool should be after. He's at the right age, he's creative, exciting to watch and I'd love to see Liverpool highlights show up on daily Japanese TV.

If United wasn't in such a dreadful state with injuries and retirees, we'd have a genuine shot of signing Kagawa, but with Hazard looking unlikely and so many clubs holding onto the young creative attackers, he's probably the best United can do with the resources available.

If we signed Honda, I'd be stoked for sure - he's not quite on Kagawa's level creatively but he's still got what we need. I wanted Nagatomo, but we got Jose Enrique (can't complain about that one). As you can tell, I just want some Japanese representation at LFC. :p

Soi-Fong

It's all friendly anyway. It's a game after all.

I'm just bitter about Kagawa because he's exactly the type of player Liverpool should be after. He's at the right age, he's creative, exciting to watch and I'd love to see Liverpool highlights show up on daily Japanese TV.

If United wasn't in such a dreadful state with injuries and retirees, we'd have a genuine shot of signing Kagawa, but with Hazard looking unlikely and so many clubs holding onto the young creative attackers, he's probably the best United can do with the resources available.

If we signed Honda, I'd be stoked for sure - he's not quite on Kagawa's level creatively but he's still got what we need. I wanted Nagatomo, but we got Jose Enrique (can't complain about that one). As you can tell, I just want some Japanese representation at LFC. :p

I'm actually the same as you. I want more Japanese players to break into the bigger PL sides. Plus I'm gonna then have to get his MU jersey plus the one my sister is getting me which is his #10 Japanese jersey.

She'll be studying abrod this coming fall in Japan and I was like if he signs for MU prepare to hear his name everywher in Japan.

GorillaJu

You'd want a manager first. Baby steps, morsel.

Honda can manage us.

I have Kagawa's jersey, too (bought it during the Asia cup). He and Honda both tear shit up for Japan. Hasebe sitting behind them in a midfield three is a legitimately good trio. What we need is a real striker (Okazaki isn't quite there), and for Miyaichi to grow a little and Japan will have a really sweet attacking line, too. Uchida and Nagatomo do well in defense. CBs will always be an issue, though as the game trends toward rewarding nippy, quick CBs instead of big physical brutes, Japan will do better and better.

Shunsuke and Tulio are past their best unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom