• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

immy

Banned
Surely Roman at some point wants a return of investment? Or at least stop bleeding.

No he doesn't give a shit. If he wanted a return on his investment he would have bought a business, not a football club.

Roman wants to be the most known billionaire pimp daddy in the world and the champions league is his ticket.

Outsanity

So I've been refreshing the thread alll day to keep track of what's going on with Hazard. I go out to Maccies and come back to see I missed the big reveal. Fml.

Happy for Chelsea though, already feeling more confident about next season. Now give RDM good news about his future.

Edit: And sign Hulk too. That would be fucking awesome.

Manager

Drogba only played well in big games, didn't give a shit about the league
Lampard is a shit ramires
Cole is sick
Sideshow bob>Terry
Essian lololol

Chelsea's spine is

cech, mata, ramires, cole and in the future prob luiz and hazard too.

You know Cole will be 32 this year?

You still need to bulk up the whole squad.

Soi-Fong

Hazard to Chelsea? Wow I'm shocked, honestly. They don't even know who their manager will be next season.

lol Tell me about it. At least Liverpool's been linked with managers. You know there's something seriously wrong within Chelsea when all the players were calling for RDM to be manager and Abramovich is basically fuck you I decide.

Certainly, stability is the one thing that cannot be guaranteed in Chelsea and teams vying for cups and championships must have that. Chelsea at the moment does not.

And lol no way in hell Pep will sign for Chelsea. The only team I can see him signing for in the PL is Manchester United to try and best the legacy that Ferguson has built. that will certainly be a big challenge for any manager.

Wilbur

Banned
It's gonna be Di Matteo on a one year. As shitty as it is for him, he'll take it while Roman waits for Pep.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pep turns him down. Signings being made with no manager means that Pep would be nothing more than a glorified coach, with no emphasis on youth.

If he's going to take a job in England it'll be United or Arsenal for now. I think he's more likely to go to Italy.

pappe

If chelsea sign hulk.

My god!!!

Torres
Hazard-mata-hulk
Mikel-Ramires/lamps

If AVB was in charge of this team I would be shitting bricks already.

Wilbur

Banned
You know Cole will be 32 this year?

You still need to bulk up the whole squad.

Bertrand will be a more than adequate replacement. Promising player.

Bertand, Luiz, Cahill and Ivanovic/Van der Wiel is a good back four.
Romeu/Mikel and Ramires are a potentially fantastic midfield two.
Hazard, Mata and Hulk is a phenomenal attacking trio.
Torres is aight.

Hazard, Hulk, ho gives a shit.

Lee Cattermole is signing a new contract.

Future England captain

immy

Banned
lol Tell me about it. At least Liverpool's been linked with managers. You know there's something seriously wrong within Chelsea when all the players were calling for RDM to be manager and Abramovich is basically fuck you I decide.

Certainly, stability is the one thing that cannot be guaranteed in Chelsea and teams vying for cups and championships must have that. Chelsea at the moment does not.

He owns the club he can do whatever the fuck he wants. If it wasn't for him none of these players would be at the club and chelsea would have won nothing over these past years.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm not completely sold that Marin is a lock to play out on the right. Isn't he coming off and injury plagued season? I thought that was why we got the deal done so quickly and at that reduced price.

As it stands, I can see him and Sturridge being rotated depending on the game, form and competition.

We're still in for Van Der Wiel too apparently. £8m are the rumors. He's wouldn't be a lock at RB game in and game out, so I'm not sure how I feel about that. He's still pretty young given the amount of experience he has though.

Disappointed that Hazard is going to Chelsea, but at least I won £50 thanks to Stobart. I think he was destined for City until Chelsea won the CL.

I have loved GAF this last few pages. Loved it!
KuGsj.gif

Soi-Fong

I'm not completely sold that Marin is a lock to play out on the right. Isn't he coming off and injured plagued season? I thought that was why we got the deal done so quickly and at that reduced price.

As it stands, I can see him and Sturridge being rotated depending on the game, form and competition.

We're still in for Van Der Wiel too apparently. £8m are the rumors. He's wouldn't be a lock at RB game in and game out, so I'm not sure how I feel about that. He's still pretty young given the amount of experience he has though.

Sooo much to spend... haha I really hope you guys have a good manager as without one, this will be the biggest flop of superstars ever. And as I said, don't expect Pep or Mourinho to come back.

TrueBlue

Sooo much to spend... haha I really hope you guys have a good manager as without one, this will be the biggest flop of superstars ever. And as I said, don't expect Pep or Mourinho to come back.

The first generation of Galacticos would be pretty hard to beat, at least in my opinion.

Soi-Fong

THERE IS A GOD

I'm jsut waiting for it to be announced so that I can pounce on the new kit!! Was hoping for Hazard to sign so I would have gotten a home and away kit for both Hazard and Kagawa, but guess that ain't happening anymore. Whatevs, life continues and Ferguson will keep on rocking.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not completely sold that Marin is a lock to play out on the right. Isn't he coming off and injury plagued season? I thought that was why we got the deal done so quickly and at that reduced price.

Ivanovic is a great right back, van der Wiel shouldn't be anything but rotation right now. And Marin won't start.

So there was who wants to be a millionaire in Danish tv the other day. One of the first questions : "What national team does Messi play for?"

PpTED.jpg

They picked Italy.
KuGsj.gif

Heh, maybe I'm wrong, but I sense some bitterness here that Hazard has decided to move to Chelsea.

Why? It's a fair choice. The fact is any of the 3 clubs in for him were viable options and each had their own merit. It definitely wasn't a clear choice for him to make. For Hazard, Chelsea fit his criteria best, good for them and good luck to him.

He is going to be earning a lot of money, moving to one of the greatest cities in the world, playing in Europe, playing for a competitive team and will have the opportunity to make the side his own. Those are all good reasons for him to pick Chelsea regardless of any other offers.

I'm not offended he picked Chelsea over United. Players already have and they probably lived to regret it, I hope Hazard feels the same in a few years but good luck to him.

This is good for our league. He will be exciting to watch and he will make Chelsea stronger, upping the quality and competitiveness of the league.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved him at United and I hope he doesn't deliver like Chelsea would like, but I can see why he made his decision and I'm glad I'll be watching him every week next year. United and City will survive long after Hazard, just as Chelsea would have if he went elsewhere.

I'm jsut waiting for it to be announced so that I can pounce on the new kit!! Was hoping for Hazard to sign so I would have gotten a home and away kit for both Hazard and Kagawa, but guess that ain't happening anymore. Whatevs, life continues and Ferguson will keep on rocking.

Arsenal confirmed.

United just got jinxed sons

immy

Banned
Heh, maybe I'm wrong, but I sense some bitterness here that Hazard has decided to move to Chelsea.

Why? It's a fair choice. The fact is any of the 3 clubs in for him were viable options and each had their own merit. It definitely wasn't a clear choice for him to make. For Hazard, Chelsea fit his criteria best, good for them and good luck to him.

He is going to be earning a lot of money, moving to one of the greatest cities in the world, playing in Europe, playing for a competitive team and will have the opportunity to make the side his own. Those are all good reasons for him to pick Chelsea regardless of any other offers.

I'm not offended he picked Chelsea over United. Players already have and they probably lived to regret it, I hope Hazard feels the same in a few years but good luck to him.

This is good for our league. He will be exciting to watch and he will make Chelsea stronger, upping the quality and competitiveness of the league.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved him at United and I hope he doesn't deliver like Chelsea would like, but I can see why he made his decision and I'm glad I'll be watching him every week next year. United and City will survive long after Hazard, just as Chelsea would have if he went elsewhere.

This.

Would be sick if Arsenal got Kagawa, Liverpool went crazy on some good players, same with spurs. Imagine an actual 6 way title chase.

Wilbur

Banned

Completely agree. As I keep saying, if it was Kagawa back up plan, I'm glad this has failed because I want Kagawa more. I think it's a bit odd that they're signing players with no manager because it shows that they don't actually need anyone to 'manage' - they just need a coach. So all the talk of Mourinho and Guardiola isn't going to happen, and that's what I'm a bit perplexed about.

On the transfer front though, he's made a good decision; he's got the best chance of a starting spot. No idea why DC is so salty considering the strength of his own team.

Soi-Fong

Only good thing I see in this is him running into Vidic on the pitch and seeing how a superstar defender works and completely owning him.

immy

Banned
Completely agree. As I keep saying, if it was Kagawa back up plan, I'm glad this has failed because I want Kagawa more. I think it's a bit odd that they're signing players with no manager because it shows that they don't actually need anyone to 'manage' - they just need a coach. So all the talk of Mourinho and Guardiola isn't going to happen, and that's what I'm a bit perplexed about.

On the transfer front though, he's made a good decision; he's got the best chance of a starting spot. No idea why DC is so salty considering the strength of his own team.

Chelsea have been like that for years.

GQman2121

Banned
Lampards role next year could be interesting. I'm pretty sure when Modric starts running his mouth that we'll come calling. That mid field could be crowded. United rumors bound to reemerge for Frankie. So fear not if Kagawa doesn't happen!

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea have been like that for years.

I know, but since Mourinho went who have they had?:

Grant = company man working for Abramovich
Scolari = failed
Hiddink = working for Abramovich
Ancelotti = used to it under Berlusconi
AVB = first man with his own ideas, sacked
RDM = working on the basis the old guard can keep going

For Guardiola, who likes to oversee a strong youth system, dictate transfers, philosophies, key decisions, it's not an attractive proposition.

jtb

Banned
Marin is the type of signing Arsenal should be looking for. Potentially talented, on final year of contract, a natural winger, and a low fee. Ugh. The fact that Arsenal's bargain buys aren't even good bargain buys is just fucking ridiculous. Ditto for Kagawa. Why the hell aren't we looking at this guy? He's not injury prone, right? Seems like a perfect Diaby replacement to me, if not an upgrade!

And I'm glad Hazard showed a shred of decency and chose Chelsea over City. Choosing City would have just been completely shameless career suicide, cashing out on good will from Ligue 1, and a completely unnecessary waste of money on City's part. (plus, let's face it, United was never in the running.) Next season should be very interesting now that there's more than one club going after the marquee signings, and we'll see if Hazard fits into Chelsea's system more as a Gerrard (good for Torres) or a Lampard (bad for torres), assuming he plays in the middle. Now to see who gets the Chelsea manager job...

fuenf

To who?

Oh God it's Arsenal isn't it?

they didnt include the article in the preview :( just the title of it. you'll have to wait until the magezine hits the stands tomorrow. (But it should be ManU as the Kicker has never spoken of any other team before).

Talking about City. Today the FA passed the proposals t changing youth football.

Considering the Etihad Campus is going to be made up of all sorts of football facilities I can see it being pivotal to youth development. UEFA surely won't deny England developing young players.
I don't see the logic here?

Why would the Etihad Campus be pivotal? It will be pivotal for City sure, and it may produce some players for England...but action against City wouldn't be denying England the opportunity to develop young players.

And that aside, today's amendments have no correlation with what City are doing. City are building world class, state of the art facilities. The FA's changes are all based around structure.

I think you're reaching.

Anyhow, City and Chelsea both will approach FFP from a legal angle IMO. Neither club looks like it will get close to passing unless 1) turnover is boosted massively in the very very short term 2) they cut costs drastically. Neither of those things is likely to happen.

Soi-Fong

Lampards role next year could be interesting. I'm pretty sure when Modric starts running his mouth that we'll come calling. That mid field could be crowded. United rumors bound to reemerge for Frankie. So fear not if Kagawa doesn't happen!

United won't sign an old man.. Just saying..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom