• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

how much of that 100m do you guys think Porto are going to make us shell out for Hulk, realistically?

£45m.

At the start of last season, United were playing a central midfield pair of Anderson and Cleverley out of choice. It was some of the most fluid, fast paced football I'd seen from the team in a long time.

In fact, the whole pre-season was the same too. I think it's the way Fergie wanted to play, then injuries dictated a change. No doicare.

Yeah we had some great football with them in the middle.

Soi-Fong

how much of that 100m do you guys think Porto are going to make us shell out for Hulk, realistically?

Doesn't really matter. FFP will hammer Chelsea at the rate you guys are spending on transfers and wages. Jesus Christ I can only imagine, Hulk, Hazard and Modric coming to Chelsea. What is happening to football... My gosh..

Wilbur

Banned
And the Chelsea manager who ever it may be is guaranteed to pick him. Or is that a condition of the job, you have to pick Hazard?

THE DEAD SEA UP IN THIS BITCH

God, start of the season with Anderson ad Cleverley was the best we've played since Tevez's first season.

Feorax

I can't see how FSG can expect 4th from us this season without serious investment. Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Spurs Newcastle and United were way ahead by the end of last season, and Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal are already strengthening.

And the Chelsea manager who ever it may be is guaranteed to pick him. Or is that a condition of the job, you have to pick Hazard?
Well who in our team is going to challenge him?

Doesn't really matter. FFP will hammer Chelsea at the rate you guys are spending on transfers and wages. Jesus Christ I can only imagine, Hulk, Hazard and Modric coming to Chelsea. What is happening to football... My gosh..
Last I remember the club had said our expenditure was looking pretty peachy. Then we bought Torres, but by now he'll of been paid off. I think people think we're worse of than we really are. Also, why do people concern themselves with club finances, nevermind other clubs finances. Do you guys not think that the accountants haven't sat down and figured this all out?

immy

Banned

FFP is gonna do fuck all

Mastadon

Banned
Not sure what all you Man Utd fans are complaining about. At least you're actually fucking linked to players.

Hold me Liverpool-GAF.

Wilbur

Banned
It was pretty, but I think it might have lost us a few games if we played it through the whole season.

We would have been beaten by City for sure, but if Wigan can play fast fluid football and beat a bunch of teams so can we. I'd love to see us play like that more often. We play poorly as many times as we play well sometimes nowadays.

Mata of course or have you forgotten what he's done for you in the hole this season?

Mata could easily play on the left though... Marin could end up being in a decent position if he's capable of playing across all of the attacking 3, would make him a versatile option.

Im wondering if City will try and gazump us on Hulk, i'd be very disappointed if they did :(

immy

Banned
Watch this space. Reports a top PL team will announce something "biggish" tmrw from a sponsorship consultancy group.

Abramovich in the future will probably just buy the players as a separate entity from cheslea and just loan them to the club for 1p a year.

Manager

Mata could easily play on the left though... Marin could end up being in a decent position if he's capable of playing across all of the attacking 3, would make him a versatile option.

Im wondering if City will try and gazump us on Hulk, i'd be very disappointed if they did :(

City doesn't need another striker. Aguero will stay, Balotelli and Dzeko wants to as well.

The big question mark is Tevez.

dc89

Well who in our team is going to challenge him?

Last I remember the club had said our expenditure was looking pretty peachy. Then we bought Torres, but by now he'll of been paid off. I think people think we're worse of than we really are. Also, why do people concern themselves with club finances, nevermind other clubs finances. Do you guys not think that the accountants haven't sat down and figured this all out?

Mata did well in that position.

True, Chelsea don't even have the dodgy deals in place that City have.

Talking about City. Today the FA passed the proposals t changing youth football.

Considering the Etihad Campus is going to be made up of all sorts of football facilities I can see it being pivotal to youth development. UEFA surely won't deny England developing young players.

Soi-Fong

Drogba, Lampard, Cole, Terry, Essien - your spine. Surely you don't want to sell Mata?

The shift you're doing atm is going to be an expensive one.

Yeah, they'll have to let go of somebody. Lampard for example aint leaving since he was just offered a contract as well.

Mata did well in that position.

Talking about City. Today the FA passed the proposals t changing youth football.

Considering the Etihad Campus is going to be made up of all sorts of football facilities I can see it being pivotal to youth development. UEFA surely won't deny England developing young players.
Jesus, it's like this topic hasn't already been discussed about 1000 times, nevermind within the last few minutes on this page alone.

Not sure what all you Man Utd fans are complaining about. At least you're actually fucking linked to players.

Hold me Liverpool-GAF.

I'm convinced Liverpool will spend really big this summer. It will depend on the manager FSG bring in though. McLeish would convince Bent, Lambert would bring Holt with him. Dempsey, Jarvis, Hoilett would all be realistic targets.

immy

Banned
Drogba, Lampard, Cole, Terry, Essien - your spine. Surely you don't want to sell Mata?

The shift you're doing atm is going to be an expensive one.

Drogba only played well in big games, didn't give a shit about the league
Lampard is a shit ramires
Cole is sick
Sideshow bob>Terry
Essian lololol

Chelsea's spine is

cech, mata, ramires, cole and in the future prob luiz and hazard too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom