• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Bild report that Bayern are very interested in Dzeko (Matías Suarez 2nd option), already in talks with Javi Martínez, furthermore interested in Mathieu.

Here we go...

I bet you want Kagawa to come to Bayern right Elsk.. Admit it..

Obviously. We made an offer (to him) but he wants to leave Germany. I think he's better than Hazard.

elsk

Banned
For manu fans: "Kicker saying that a Kagawa deal is all but done."

"To everyone asking: German media expects Kagawa to sign for Manchester United, that should be what Kicker reports tomorrow."

HIk5C.gif

Plz be us plz be us plz be us.

Not to get too muppetry but Hazard is said to have informed the clubs involved of his decision over the weekend. If that's the case then I'm sure United will have wanted to accelerated the Kagawa deal.

Soi-Fong

"To everyone asking: German media expects Kagawa to sign for Manchester United, that should be what Kicker reports tomorrow."

elsk admit you want to sign him!!!!! You'd even give up Robben won't ya..? lol

fuenf

Bild report that Bayern are very interested in Dzeko (Matías Suarez 2nd option), already in talks with Javi Martínez, furthermore interested in Mathieu.

like i said, besides that Martinez bit they're just consolidating the current rumours.

Randdalf

Well most big clubs are the same. Liverpool - Gerrard. Man U - Evans, Welbeck. Chelsea - Terry. Arsenal - Sczezsny.

Isn't Terry a West Ham youth product? He left very early though.

Edit: I also think it's a mistake for Eden Hazard to go to Chelsea unless they bring in a few more star players to replace their old and crumbling backbone.

elsk

Banned
yeah it's burried in the garbage article where they warm up all the transferrumours: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/plant-so-den-grossangriff-24367408.bild.html (right under his picture)

Not bad. I guess Contento is leaving then :( I really liked him.

► Edin Dzeko (26/Manchester City), kostet 25 Mio.
► Javi Martínez (23/Bilbao), kostet 20 Mio.
► Jérémy Mathieu (28, Valencia), kostet 10 Mio.
► Matías Suárez (24/Anderlecht), kostet 8 Mio.

I would prefer to get Suárez rather than Dzeko.

Elsk I'm thinking of getting a bayern shirt, who are some non dicks who would be good to get on the back?

I hate most of them atm, but Mueller is always cool. Schweini too.
Only dicks are Robben, Ribéry, Breno and maybe Tymo

spidye

Elsk I'm thinking of getting a bayern shirt, who are some non dicks who would be good to get on the back?

excluding robben you can go with everyone. even ribery.
personally I would go with gomez or müller
525637_377721175602365_219148268126324_1029232_2027807491_n.jpg

I mean look at him. I think there's not even one person in germany who hates him. he's very likable

K1LLER7

HIk5C.gif

Plz be us plz be us plz be us.

Not to get too muppetry but Hazard is said to have informed the clubs involved of his decision over the weekend. If that's the case then I'm sure United will have wanted to accelerated the Kagawa deal.
Hope everythings agreed and united get him. Expecting this gif to be used quite a bit next season :D

elsk

Banned
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU
3wT7I.jpg

He's an amazing player but still a dick. He fucked everything in the 09/10 season when he got that red card for being an ass. And now he punched Robben (deserved I guees, but still!).

Never liked him that much, tbh. He was a true ass when Real Madrid wanted him, don't you remember? Later in the season when things were going very well he extended but I will never forget the circus he made.

Isn't Terry a West Ham youth product? He left very early though.

Yes but it's not like Szczesny was in England before the middle of the 00's either. :p

But it's pretty silly to count their real youth years, in that case Puyol wouldn't be a Barcelona product either... Even though he quite clearly is.

immy

Banned
excluding robben you can go with everyone. even ribery.
personally I would go with gomez or müller
525637_377721175602365_219148268126324_1029232_2027807491_n.jpg

I mean look at him. I think there's not even one person in germany who hates him. he's very likable

Not bad. I guess Contento is leaving then :( I really liked him.

► Edin Dzeko (26/Manchester City), kostet 25 Mio.
► Javi Martínez (23/Bilbao), kostet 20 Mio.
► Jérémy Mathieu (28, Valencia), kostet 10 Mio.
► Matías Suárez (24/Anderlecht), kostet 8 Mio.

I would prefer to get Suárez rather than Dzeko.

I hate most of them atm, but Mueller is always cool. Schweini too.
Only dicks are Robben, Ribéry, Breno and maybe Tymo

Haha I'll look into Mueller over the Euro's

fuenf

He's an amazing player but still a dick. He fucked everything in the 09/10 season when he got that red card for being an ass. And now he punched Robben (deserved I guees, but still!).

Never liked him that much, tbh. He was a true ass when Real Madrid wanted him, don't you remember? Later in the season when things were going very well he extended but I will never forget the circus he made.

Sorry, but i'll never forget the 07/08 season. His transfer was Bayerns reintroduction in world class football. Yeah he wanted to leave, so what, at least he was honest and afterwards he genuinely fell in love with the club.

kharma45

If nothing else, Hazard story proves United have big money to spend when the right player is available.

Some optimism for us United fans.

elsk

Banned
Sorry, but i'll never forget the 07/08 season. His transfer was Bayerns reintroduction in world class football. Yeah he wanted to leave, so what, at least he was honest and afterwards he genuinely fell in love with the club.

Yes, I like his spirit and love for Bayern but that doesn't change the fact that he's an ass :p

elseanio

I heard something similar as well. English clubs are restricted from taking on young players unless they are in a certain catchment area, True?

Here's a little run down of Liverpool structure, which mentions the youth policy for England

http://www.aliverpoolthing.com/2011/07/pep-segura-explains-strategy-behind.html

- Players up to 14 years can't be signed beyond a radius of 150 kilometers from the club (Liverpool competing in the same environment as Manchester United, City, Everton, and so forth)
- The player is owned by the player’s home club /first club forever, this is the main reason why any price tag rises up.
- You can't sign players outside the community (150km) until they are 16 years old

We'd offered enough and he'd deemed our contract as financially viable as the offers from City and Chelsea, or am I just getting the wrong end of the stick and you mean in general?
I'm not sure it proves anything to get too excited about. It proves we have £30m to spend on one player, but that we can't then go and give him £150k+ a week. Okay sure, Hazard is young and unproven so there's that, if it was somebody else perhaps we would have paid the required wages, but the fact of the matter is this is the going rate, and we can't match it.

Wages aside, we will see by the end of the summer just how much we have to spend. If that £30m for Hazard is spent on somebody else, and we still carry through with deals for, for example, Baines and Kagawa...then it's something to be optimistic about.

I think it's more likely that £30m goes back into the "special purchase" fund and re-emerges next season following a similar story to Benzema/Sneijder/Hazard.

Edit - This deal costs Chelsea £78m over the next 5 years. A £35.3m fee, £170k per week in wages and £6m to the agent (figures from The Telegraph). We can't afford that.

kharma45

I'm not sure it proves anything to get too excited about. It proves we have £30m to spend on one player, but that we can't then go and give him £150k+ a week. Okay sure, Hazard is young and unproven so there's that, if it was somebody else perhaps we would have paid the required wages, but the fact of the matter is this is the going rate, and we can't match it.

I thought it didn't come down to wages as we'd offered enough and he'd accepted our offer (as well as the one from City and Chelsea) and it came down to where he thought he'd play the most, at least that's what I gathered.

He had three acceptable offers (ie we were prepared to pay him enough to land him) and he chose one of them.

As far as I'm aware, Lampard and Terry are the top earners at Chelsea and are estimated to be earning 130K a week. I don't think Hazard would be getting as much as them. I also remember reading something about Chelsea and how they weren't for handing out ludicrous wages any more to get in line with FFP.

Hazard did say in the end it would come down to where he would play and how often. So I presume UTD and City weren't offering him what he wanted in that regard.

Fintan

As far as I'm aware, Lampard and Terry are the top earners at Chelsea and are estimated to be earning 130K a week. I don't think Hazard would be getting as much as them. I also remember reading something about Chelsea and how they weren't for handing out ludicrous wages any more to get in line with FFP.

Hazard did say in the end it would come down to where he would play and how often. So I presume UTD and City weren't offering him what he wanted in that regard.
Is the 130,000 after tax?

I thought it didn't come down to wages as we'd offered enough and he'd accepted our offer (as well as the one from City and Chelsea) and it came down to where he thought he'd play the most, at least that's what I gathered.

He had three acceptable offers (ie we were prepared to pay him enough to land him) and he chose one of them.
Well, it's unclear at least. I personally think money played a part in his choice (and definitely with regards to his agent), he would have played most weeks for us if we were willing to pay £30m for him.

We couldn't afford wages for Sneijder last year either.

Anyhow, sticking to the fees and not wages, we'll see at the end of the summer just how much we have to spend.

immy

Banned

Torres is on 200k lol

jtb

Banned
Well, it's unclear at least. I personally think money played a part in his choice (and definitely with regards to his agent), he would have played most weeks for us if we were willing to pay £30m for him.

Anyhow, sticking to the fees and not wages, we'll see at the end of the summer just how much we have to spend.

to be fair, Sneijder's wage demands were ridiculous, weren't they? I'm sure with Inter in complete freefall, he'll crawl back to the bargaining table with slightly more reasonable demands. The only question is which team would be willing to go for him, esp if United get Kagawa.

Hazard is said to be on £110k after tax.

No idea what Terry and Lampard are on but we know Chelsea's wage bill last year was about £175m.

If you assume Chelsea have a squad of 25 players and a manager earning the lion-share of wages at the club, that itself averages out to £130k a week each. Of course, some players will be on much more than others and that doesn't include all the staff and youth players.

But clearly, there are some players in that squad earning close or upwards of £200k, before tax. I wouldn't be surprised if Hazard is not amongst them.

kharma45

But was that not because Sneijder wanted to be on around £200k after tax? That's nothing compared to what Hazard has got at Chelsea.

immy

Banned
At guess, probably. But truth be told I don't worry about football club finances because the truth of the matter is, nobody has a clue what players are on what amounts of money. It's all speculation and I can't be bothered with it.

No, Torres is allegedly on 200k. I'd bet my life he's not on that.

Well your fucked then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom