• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

immy

Banned
I know, but since Mourinho went who have they had?:

Grant = company man working for Abramovich
Scolari = failed
Hiddink = working for Abramovich
Ancelotti = used to it under Berlusconi
AVB = first man with his own ideas, sacked
RDM = working on the basis the old guard can keep going

For Guardiola, who likes to oversee a strong youth system, dictate transfers, philosophies, key decisions, it's not an attractive proposition.

I agree Guardiola wouldn't go to chelsea for those reasons

Soi-Fong

I agree Guardiola wouldn't go to chelsea for those reasons

As long as Abramovich has the reins, Guardiola won't touch that club with a ten foot pole. Same with City as well concerning their crazy spending. What Guardiola cares about is youth and bringing players up from the club's academies and not buying every superstar player that is hyped to shit.

Pretty sure the transfer fee won't be nice for Lampard. Also, I would never expect Lampard to sign because of his loyalty to Chelsea, same as Schole's loyalty to MU.

Wilbur

Banned
As long as Abramovich has the reins, Guardiola won't touch that club with a ten foot pole. Same with City as well concerning their crazy spending. What Guardiola cares about is youth and bringing players up from the club's academies and not buying every superstar player that is hyped to shit.

cue dc

K1LLER7

Perfect for united

Fact is nobody knows where Pep will go. He will never get a youth system in England or Italy like he had at Barca, and even if he tried to put one in place it would take years.

The one thing he would want is control.

pappe

Lamp are to united?? Where the fuck did u guys get that idea from? And why? Like we don't have enough dinosaurs in our team. ( no offence to gigs and scholesy, but we already have too many oldies and need fresh fast moving players in the midfield, lamp is not the solution.

Soi-Fong

Fact is nobody knows where Pep will go. He will never get a youth system in England or Italy like he had at Barca, and even if he tried to put one in place it would take years.

The one thing he would want is control.

It will be intersting to see which project Pep goes after next. If he wants control, well that already excludes certain clubs such as Liverpool and Chelsea. Hell maybe even United, but never really got the impression that Glazers are controlling with the exception of maybe transfer funds.

Thought it was Micah only..

He's first team right or am I wrong? If I'm wrong, then that's just sad..

Wilbur

Banned
It will be intersting to see which project Pep goes after next. If he wants control, well that already excludes certain clubs such as Liverpool and Chelsea. Hell maybe even United, but never really got the impression that Glazers are controlling with the exception of maybe transfer funds.

He's first team right or am I wrong? If I'm wrong, then that's just sad..

Well most big clubs are the same. Liverpool - Gerrard. Man U - Evans, Welbeck. Chelsea - Terry. Arsenal - Sczezsny.

jtb

Banned
The only club I can see Mourinho or Pep moving to in the near future (like next 2-3 years) is United, whenever Fergie retires. I'd kill for either Mou or Pep at Arsenal but I doubt either would want to come, and that's probably the second most stable, sustainable club behind United.

edit: ^Well Wilshere is an Arsenal academy product.... as is Ashley Cole. What a cunt.

Dc can say what he wants about City developing state of the art youth facilities and such, but who in their current squad is actually from their academy? Can anyone inform me here?
Just Micah Richards. They actually have produced some decent talents but they weren't good enough to fit in with the Sheikh's City.

But yeah, just Richards in the current squad.

Well most big clubs are the same. Liverpool - Gerrard. Man U - Evans, Welbeck. Chelsea - Terry. Arsenal - Sczezsny.
True but Arsenal, Liverpool and United have many more through the squad.

pappe

The only club I can see Mourinho or Pep moving to in the near future (like next 2-3 years) is United, whenever Fergie retires. I'd kill for either Mou or Pep at Arsenal but I doubt either would want to come, and that's probably the second most stable, sustainable club behind United.
Pep and mou at Arsenal and United after 4-5 years?

Wilbur

Banned
Just Micah Richards. They actually have produced some decent talents but they weren't good enough to fit in with the Sheikh's City.

But yeah, just Richards in the current squad.

True but Arsenal, Liverpool and United have many more through the squad.

Soi specified first team so I was just saying... true though, we're likely to be good with youth for a while.

Soi-Fong

Yup. If Pep really wants to take on a big challenge, he'll be trying to first take the challenge of leading a squad that has not had a managerial change in decades and not only that, but the greater challenge of usurping Ferguson as the greatest United manager ever.

Stop talking shit and just buy Robben for 20m, FFS!

You really wanna offload him that much. He still has talent oozing from him. You do know that right?

Wilbur

Banned
Stop talking shit and just buy Robben for 20m, FFS!

Phahaha he isn't going anywhere! No one's going to take a risk on the bottler.

No idea why the media's view is that he's better than Ribery. He's the most predictable fucking player...

Soi-Fong

I swear, I'm a Man U fan through and through, but if Kagawa was our back-up to Hazard, I swear to God he better go to Arsenal since he doesn't deserve the title of "second-string."

Clegg

I see no reason to believe that Kagawa was second choice to Hazard.

SAF wanted both of them. He met with Kagawa and even put in a bid for him.

jtb

Banned
I swear, I'm a Man U fan through and through, but if Kagawa was our back-up to Hazard, I swear to God he better go to Arsenal since he doesn't deserve the title of "second-string."

That's idiotic. Our main transfer target last summer was Mata... we didn't have anyone lined up as a backup to him, so we have had a giant Fabregas-sized hole in our midfield for the entire season. Having back-up transfer targets is just common sense; one person can only go to one club, multiple clubs are after a particular player... do the math.

Soi-Fong

Remember United fans when we missed out on Ronaldinho and signed a relatively unknown kid from Sporting by the name of Ronaldo..

Yeah, that was an epic fail...

immy

Banned
Why? that makes our options very limited. Jupp is the one of the best available options (if not the best), for example, thanks to that rule.

fabiocapello.jpg

Why? that makes our options very limited. Jupp is the one of the best available options (if not the best), for example, thanks to that rule.
I don't think it's a good idea to have a manager who can't speak the language which the fans, nation and most of the players speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom