• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm Hazard is not a winger anymore. He was only when younger. He has had his best games as AMC and that's where he will play, I'm sure of it.
This just isn't true.

Hazard has only played at AMC for like 2 months. He's looked great there and I'm sure he will be great but he has played 90% of his career coming off the wing.

So they're going to bench Mata? And what is going to happen with Kevin De Bruyne?

De Bruyne is going on loan, he's not ready yet for the PL jump, by his own admission he'd like to be loaned out to Dutch league. Mata will play on the left as people said, he's not that amazing centrally behind the striker even though Chelsea were forced to move him there this season.

Cech signing a new 4 years deal won't change anything for Courtois, he'll go on loan for the next 3-4 years I reckon, he's still got a lot to learn.

Stubo

No point in getting Kagawa then. Kagawa's best position is where Rooney is. Rooney will have to play as the main striker.
Rooney can be the CM everyone's been asking for if that's what it takes to get Kagawa on board. Welbeck and Hernandez can lead the
offside
line anyway.

Not that I wouldn't like a new striker if Berbasex is leaving :(

K1LLER7

No point in getting Kagawa then. Kagawa's best position is where Rooney is. Rooney will have to play as the main striker.
I was thinking Kagawa deeper, but yeah it's likely he'll put Rooney upfront but this season he had a lot of the ball and scored 30+ goals.

Next season formation (hopefully)

De gea

Rafael - Vidic - Evans - Evra / (new LB)

Carrick - Cleverly / (new MF)

Nani - Kagawa - Young

Rooney

Manager

I was thinking Kagawa deeper, but yeah it's likely he'll put Rooney upfront but this season he had a lot of the ball and scored 30+ goals.

De gea

Nani - Kagawa - Young

Rooney

Who will be Rooney's main backup?

De gea

Nani - Kagawa - Young

Rooney
Young is not in the team ahead of Valencia.

Wilbur

Banned

De gea

Nani - Kagawa - Young

Rooney

YOUNG INSTEAD OF THE GOD VALENCIA WHAT THE FUCK

Manager

Why would Sturridge feel anything? Drogba has left making him back-up striker, he can play wings which will held for rotation, if anything, he's got a big chance to prove him self next season. He should be buzzing.

Might finally get his chance in the middle. Just as a backup to Torres.

Surely Lukaku will get his chance next year? With Marin and Hazard going ahead of him on the wings.

Hernandez and Welbeck, with hopefully that young lad Powell who looks handy.

Thought Powell was an (attacking) midfielder?

Stubo

Young and Nani will compete for the left side. Valencia will always play right, I guess.

Young is better than a lot of people on here have given him credit for, his first season at United was very, very good.
I'd say that all 3 will be rotated amongst both wings, they're prone to switching mid-game anyway.

"Every day I'm shuffling" commentary quote and all that...

Edit: My opinion - Valencia > Nani > Young

rififi

I know he prefers the 10'er role and that's what he has been playing most at Lille, but he will no doubt be used mostly on the wing at Chelsea. It's clear that he got the abilities for that position (and has been playing it on the national team too...), just look at all his assists and goals from this season, 90% of it is from a wing position.

With players like Hazard and Mata, they may be classified in one position in the lineup, but what makes them so strong is their ability to switch positions easily and perform well. So, even if Hazard is "officially" placed in a 10 role with Mata on the wing, I can certainly see those two swapping positions throughout a game.

LegoArmo

It was funny last summer when Fergie signed Young and Jones. United fans were very much of the opinion "we don't need another winger!", "we don't need another centre back!". Then Vidic gets injured for the season and Nani is out for a long while too.

Somehow Fergie got it right.

Sloosha

Surely Lukaku will get his chance next year? With Marin and Hazard going ahead of him on the wings.

Lukaku and De Bruyne will apparently be assessed during the preseason tour in the US. Where they play next season will be decided accordingly.

But Diaby, Wilshere and Mertesacker will be like new signings!

Diaby has been cursed by some voodoo witch doctor, Wilshere has been injured for over a season, no one seems to understand why and Mertesacker, well the less said about him the better.

It worries me how little we've heard tbh. Obviously things are in the works but if this RVP saga lasts the summer I won't be happy at all.

Yep, Deja vu. I'm at the point now where I don't expect buys and am now appeased by the news of players being sold off. If we go through the summer again losing a good player and not bringing in a similar quality player we will really need to question just what our ambitions as a club are.

It was funny last summer when Fergie signed Young and Jones. United fans were very much of the opinion "we don't need another winger!", "we don't need another centre back!". Then Vidic gets injured for the season and Nani is out for a long while too.

Somehow Fergie got it right.
Luck. And all managers need luck, says the great man himself.

You're right though, judged it well esp with regards to Young and our reliance on wing play.

LegoArmo

Lost 3-2 to West Ham with 10 men :/

On to Huddersfield!

Poor form!

Luck. And all managers need luck, says the great man himself.

You're right though, judged it well esp with regards to Young and our reliance on wing play.

Yeah, if he hadn't signed Young, there'd have been periods this season where Park, Giggs, or even Rooney would had to have played left. Wouldn't have ended well.

kharma45

So he does, I thought he was a striker.

Nope. His best performance this season came off the left, Everton. He's better on the right but good on the left. In a 4231 those players will roam anyway.

Exception to the rule lol generally ineffective on the left then.

Lost 3-2 to West Ham with 10 men :/

On to Huddersfield!

Good man, make sure to stick Smithies in nets!

K1LLER7

Nope. His best performance this season came off the left, Everton. He's better on the right but good on the left. In a 4231 those players will roam anyway.
You think Cleverly could play the role alongside carrick, he'll need to do more defending there. So maybe we could go for a DM. Prince boateng would be good.

Wilbur

Banned
You think Cleverly could play the role alongside carrick, he'll need to do more defending there. So maybe we could go for a DM. Prince boateng would be good.

He's certainly more an attacking midfielder.

Asamoah or Martinez. Robben can suffer by us hijacking Bayern

Salvadora

Yep, Deja vu. I'm at the point now where I don't expect buys and am now appeased by the news of player being sold off. If we go through the summer again losing a good player and not bringing in a similar quality player we will really need to question just what our ambitions as a club are.

Its distressing that we literally are scraping the bottom of the barrel with our signings. It shows a complete lack of ambition not just to try to sign players of similar quality but to not sign talented players at all.

LegoArmo

At the start of last season, United were playing a central midfield pair of Anderson and Cleverley out of choice. It was some of the most fluid, fast paced football I'd seen from the team in a long time.

In fact, the whole pre-season was the same too. I think it's the way Fergie wanted to play, then injuries dictated a change. No doicare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom