• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't surprise me if Hazard was offered £250k by Chelsea. If Abramovich thinks he's signing one of the best players in world football then he's going to pay him accordingly.

It's impossible to know but it's very likely he earns close to £200k if not more. Basic maths with regards to Chelsea's wage bill in my previous post would suggest that.
Basic maths nothing though. All you have is an end figure and anybody can make any amount of numbers fit that figure. I for example could say I think X amount of players are on upwards of 300k a week and the rest are on 50k, or I could say X amount of players are on 150k a week with very few on less than 70k and so on.

I just know I remember reading about Chelsea's finances and how the club were actively trying to get the wage bill down (and succeeding). The biggest earners named were Frank and JT who were both IIRC in the regions of 130-150k. There was talk of other players coming close to that figure too.

I don't know, I generally tend not to worry about club finances because like I said, different news outlets report different wage figures and the truth is the only people who know are the club, the player and his agent. It's all speculation. What I also don't understand is people worrying about other clubs and how they will achieve FFP. It's like they think they understand it but the accountants at big clubs don't.

"Chelsea have released three of the starting XI from the Champions League final victory against Bayern Munich – Didier Drogba, José Bosingwa and Salomon Kalou" - Guardian

Apparently Schalke wants Kalou.

If they payed £6m to the agent, I don't see Hazard getting less than 200k salary.

Will wait for a little for more info than your doubt because of agent fees, before I start eating.

Basic maths nothing though. All you have is an end figure, and anybody can makes any amount of numbers fit that figure. I for example could say I think x amount of players are on upwards of 300k a week and the rest are on 50k, or I could say x amount of players are on 150k a week with very few on less than 70k and so on.

I just know I remember reading about Chelsea's finances and how the club were actively trying to get the wage bill down (and succeeding). The biggest earners named were Frank and JT who were both IIRC in the regions of 130-150k. There was talk of other players coming close to that figure too.

I don't know, I generally tend not to worry about club finances because like I said, different news outlets report different wage figures and the truth is the only people who know are the club, the player and his agent. It's all speculation. What I also don't understand is people worrying about other clubs and how they will achieve FFP. It's like they think they understand it but the accountants at big clubs don't.
Of course there is no way of knowing for sure but you can make reasonable calculations and assumptions. It's not true that because you don't have access to the specific paper-work, you have no idea what the figures involved are. Beyond the reports in the media (which whilst just reports can give a good indication) you can look at year on year spreadsheets which every club releases and from that alone you can begin to make very reasoned assumptions about what clubs pay their staff.

If Lampard + Terry are on, let's go for the middle ground there, £140k a week, it has to be pre-tax. If those two are the highest earners and Chelsea paid £175m in wages last year (which we know is a fact), it has to be pre-tax or somebody somewhere in the club is pocketing literally millions a year. If you apply a generous tax rate to those types of figures you're already looking at a salary which is beyond £200k p/w.

So betting your life Torres doesn't earn 200k a week, although just an expression, wouldn't be wise :)

Some people are interested in football finances (like me), for me it's very interesting to look into these things because it is increasingly becoming a central aspect to the sport. With regulations coming in, it is an even more pressing concern. Some people may just be point scoring, but the finances of a football club in today's game are absolutely crucial to the likely success of a football club on the pitch. I don't think there's anything strange about looking into it, might not be everyone's cup of tea...but there is good reason for people to think about it.

"Chelsea have released three of the starting XI from the Champions League final victory against Bayern Munich – Didier Drogba, José Bosingwa and Salomon Kalou" - Guardian

Apparently Schalke wants Kalou.

Will wait for a little for more info than your doubt because of agent fees, before I start eating.
I hope to god Bosingwa and Kalou are out. I keep seeing it reported and every time I rush to the official site to see if it's true.

Of course there is no way of knowing for sure but you can make reasonable calculations and assumptions. It's not true that because you don't have access to the specific paper-work, you have no idea what the figures involved are. Beyond the reports in the media (which whilst just reports can give a good indication) you can look at year on year spreadsheets which every club releases and from that alone you can begin to make very reasoned assumptions about what clubs pay their staff.

If Lampard + Terry are on, let's go for the middle ground there, £140k a week, it has to be pre-tax. If those two are the highest earners and Chelsea paid £175m in wages last year (which we know is a fact), it has to be pre-tax or somebody somewhere in the club is pocketing literally millions a year. If you apply a generous tax rate to those types of figures you're already looking at a salary which is beyond £200k p/w.

So betting your life Torres doesn't earn 200k a week, although just an expression, wouldn't be wise :)

Some people are interested in football finances (like me), for me it's very interesting to look into these things because it is increasingly becoming a central aspect to the sport. With regulations coming in, it is an even more pressing concern. Some people may just be point scoring, but the finances of a football club in today's game are absolutely crucial to the likely success of a football club on the pitch. I don't think there's anything strange about looking into it, might not be everyone's cup of tea...but there is good reason for people to think about it.
Do you mean if JT and Lamps are on 140k post tax? Also, does the only figure we have that is certain, the 175m, include bonuses? Again though, there is still to much guess work in all this for my liking. You could be close to the truth, but equally you could be far from it, and without enough information, I just don't see the point in trying to argue either side rather than just leave it and say we don't know. Too many people are happy to believe every figure they read in the papers. The same papers they sniff at when talking about transfers. For example, I remember seeing Wayne Rooney was supposedly on 250K a week. Honestly, I don't believe that for a second.

Wilbur

Banned
Barry Glendenning and Stan Collymore having a bit of a tiff on Twitter.

Team Barry!

Collymore's being a fucking idiot. Basically saying BBC have wronged doing a documentary about the Ukranian racism because Britain was the same 40 years ago so we're hypocritical.

elsk

Banned
Looks like Javi Martínez is our priority right now. Around 20m. I guess they'll try to sign him before the Euros.

kharma45

Collymore's being a fucking idiot. Basically saying BBC have wronged doing a documentary about the Ukranian racism because Britain was the same 40 years ago so we're hypocritical.

Collymore needs to fuck off, can't stand the man. He seems to think too he's all-knowing and some sort of supreme authority on racism just because he's had some abuse, idiot of a man.

sixghost

Depends what you class as reliable but this is what The Telegraph have.

Chelsea sign Hazard in £78m deal over 5 years

Chelsea will pay a fee of around €40 million (£35.3 million) to Lille, with Hazard having demanded wages of £4.6 million a year net of tax, so around £9  million a year for his new employer. That averages out at £170,000 a week.

In addition his agent, John Bico, who has conducted an aggressive auction has made it clear that he wants a fee of £6 million.

If all the demands are met and with Hazard expected to agree a five-year deal, it means the overall cost of the signing, fees and contract will amount to around £78 million which, even by Chelsea standards, is a substantial investment
Sounds like a lot of assumptions.

Meier

Naah, Fergie was going for both. Though Kagawa would have probably been a winger had Hazard been there too.
It's no coincidence that the deal is apparently even closer to being finalized now. I'm sure that SAF promised Hazard he wouldn't sign someone at the same position so as to not possibly interfere with his playing time since that was a key requirement.

Now that he's out, they'll get the Kagawa deal done. The price differential was never an issue. 4 million Euros is nothing to Man U.

Looks like Javi Martínez is our priority right now. Around 20m. I guess they'll try to sign him before the Euros.
Mancini will not be happy about missing his top target. I would be very surprised if City miss on Martinez as well.

Do you mean if JT and Lamps are on 140k post tax? Also, does the only figure we have that is certain, the 175m, include bonuses? Again though, there is still to much guess work in all this for my liking. You could be close to the truth, but equally you could be far from it, and without enough information, I just don't see the point in trying to argue either side rather than just leave it and say we don't know. Too many people are happy to believe every figure they read in the papers. The same papers they sniff at when talking about transfers. For example, I remember seeing Wayne Rooney was supposedly on 250K a week. Honestly, I don't believe that for a second.
Yeah, £140k after tax.

I was wrong actually, it was £190m for the last financial year, not £175m. That includes pay-offs to managers and bonuses yes. Chelsea didn't sack anybody in the financial year between June 2010 - June 2011 so it would just be bonuses but Chelsea didn't win any competitions last year so it's mostly wages in that sum.

Anyway, I don't want to go into too much detail, and it is true you can never know with precision...but I don't agree you can't hazard a good guess. You really can, the figures released by clubs are very detailed and they are obliged to do so by law. Year on year accounts allows you to calculate to a decent level of accuracy what players coming into the club earn.

Sure, you shouldn't believe everything you read in papers. Rooney cannot possibly be earning that much money because if he was the change in figures between this year and last year at United would have been much greater with regards to the wage bill specifically....but he is earning alot more than he previously was, that's for sure.

It's interesting to see Hazard pick Chelsea. It seemed that the Blues' fans were making the least noise over Hazard. I hate that Chelsea is building a team I like.

Yeah, £140k after tax.

I was wrong actually, it was £190m for the last financial year, not £175m. That includes pay-offs to managers and bonuses yes. Chelsea didn't sack anybody in the financial year between June 2010 - June 2011 so it would just be bonuses but Chelsea didn't win any competitions last year so it's mostly wages in that sum.

Anyway, I don't want to go into too much detail, and it is true you can never know with precision...but I don't agree you can't hazard a good guess. You really can, the figures released by clubs are very detailed and they are obliged to do so by law. Year on year accounts allows you to calculate to a decent level of accuracy what players coming into the club earn.

Sure, you shouldn't believe everything you read in papers. Rooney cannot possibly be earning that much money because if he was the change in figures between this year and last year at United would have been much greater with regards to the wage bill specifically....but he is earning alot more than he previously was, that's for sure.
Ancelotti got the boot.

Meier

Who would he prefer to join City more than Bayern? Is like the Dani Alves to Schalke BS haha.
I would imagine there would be very few people (that aren't German) who would rather play in Getmany over England given the choice.

Scum

Wotcha, lads.

So,

Hazard
Hazard is at Chelsea, eh? Not a bad signing by Terry. But FM2012 lied to me. I thought he'd be at Spurs instead! The money involved seems insane but that's how shit works nowadays in the transfer market. D:

Pep Guardiola
Pep should stay away from Chelsea. In fact, he should stay away from the EPL altogether. Just wait 'til after the Euros and take the Spain job. They'll be out by the QFs. StokEngland will see to that. :p

FA
And what's this about a new yoot setup from the FA? ¬_¬

elsk

Banned
I would imagine there would be very few people (that aren't German) who would rather play in Getmany over England given the choice.

That would be true, if we weren't talking about Bayern. I doubt any smart player would prefer to join City over Bayern.

Meier

That would be true, if we weren't talking about Bayern. I doubt any smart player would prefer to join City over Bayern.
One club just won their league, the other didn't win a thing and are being dominated at home lately...seem to be going in different directions. ;)

You hope a player fails because he got himself a good deal?

It's disgusting.

He has shown himself as a real man, deleted his last tweet and replaced it with

1VEEz.jpg

he's going to play for 17k instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom