• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far from it. We all know that footballers love money. But saying the money helps yadda yadda... It's just self explanatory. He's going to get offered a fuckload wherever he goes, but if City and United offered him equivalent wages it would be interesting to see where he'd go.
I'd rather we didn't put it to the test :)

pulga

Banned
Carobbio (the ONLY guy to accuse Conte) is backpeddling
FIrK8.gif
FIrK8.gif
FIrK8.gif

x9IQZm.jpg

Source now! I need to shut up about 3 people.

Meier

I'd rather we didn't put it to the test :)

I don't think we're targeting him, so that shouldn't be a concern. As disappointed as I am about losing out on Hazard, I'm glad it's over so we can move to a new target. I imagine some of the moves will start to come fast and furious (for many clubs) now that it's over.

I'd like Yann M'Vila (if De Jong gets sold) and Javi Martinez first and foremost. If Mancini is truly high on Belhanda as a Hazard fall-back, I'd like to get that over with quickly too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Carobbio was arrested for his involvement in Grosseto matches, not Siena. Why the fuck is he talking about Siena is beyond me.
Source now! I need to shut up about 3 people.

Carobbio now saying both the players and Conte rejected the betting proposals. This is fucking hilarious.

I'll PM you my friends twitter.

pulga

Banned
Carobbio now saying both the players and Conte rejected the betting proposals. This is fucking hilarious.

Now they'll probably saying Carobbio is being bribed to take it all back :lol :lol

By his logic, he should ban politics for life then.

So far, only Zamparini replied, and it's both a lolworthy and an actually correct reply: "he's destroying Italy and he's an ignorant: every year, professional football teams give 800 millions to the State. He's a demagogue, it's incredible how he talks about football but avoids people's issues, he should walk on the streets and listen how it's like to live in Italy. This country is sinking, we're telling and nobody is listening. He's just stupid."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So far, only Zamparini replied, and it's both lol-worthy and actually a correct response: "he's destroying Italy and he's an ignorant: every year, professional football teams give 800 millions to the State. He's a demagogue, it's incredible how he talks about football but avoids people's issues, he should walk on the streets and listen how it's like to live in Italy. This country is sinking, we're telling and nobody is listening. He's just stupid."

You know someone is dumb when he makes Zamparini look wise.

faridmon

Have I missed anything interesting while I was gone for few days?

I have been quite busy, but I did watch the second half of the England Norway game, and I thought Norway played relatively well. Tettey and Ruud in particular showed some great glimpse of talent and the central midfield controlled the p[ace of the game quite naturally. The only problem was the veterans disappointed and I have been saying this for very long time. Riise, Pederson, Braaten and to certain extent Hangland should not be playing regularly. Riise is particular that prick, should have done better in that left hand side since it was quite weak of England to let him move freely, but he was there just to showcase how great he was. God, I hate that idiot and should retire at one.

I hope everyone has at least one transfer wish come true.
Screw wishes for transfer. I wish that we keep Baines. Nothing else matter.

dc89

Rangers won their court case over the transfer embargo placed on them.

So what does this mean for the sanctions placed on clubs who fail to meet FFP?

Kyoufu

I don't see how that is comparable at all.

I have made love to Cisse's shrine but the difference is he plays for us every week (and scores every week too) while nobody here watches Kagawa play except that cool video on youtube and the Cup Final between Dortmund and Bayern.

Wilbur

Banned

I have made love to Cisse's shrine but the difference is he plays for us every week (and scores every week too) while nobody here watches Kagawa play except that cool video on youtube and the Cup Final between Dortmund and Bayern.

Except for those who support Dortmund. And watch German football. Or those that watch the Japanese national team.

So you're talking bollocks again.

fuenf

As a Bayern fan i can vouch for his quality. It will be the greatest thing in the world to see him finally leave Dortmund. I might start a Kagawa shrine myself once he's finally away from Dortmund!

WJD

so full of shit

faridmon

I have watched Dortmund through the season and I can tell GTFO with that kind of talk. Kagawa is ace and Dortmund are amazing, they deserve to be talked every single time.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Rangers won their court case over the transfer embargo placed on them.

So what does this mean for the sanctions placed on clubs who fail to meet FFP?
Yeah, FIFA are quite angry about this. http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/...hey-must-punish-rangers-for-using-law-courts/

Taking a member association to a civil court is a massive crime in their eyes. The Swiss FA were pressured into giving FC Sion a 35 point deduction for a similar matter (as well as UEFA kicking them out of the Europa League and handing their place to Celtic).

Does that mean we can't get Steven Naismith for £3M now?
It wasn't a transfer embargo, it was a registration embargo. They could always have sold players (and will have to), just were not able to buy any.
You can probably get him for less than that.

Yen

Um, we're supposed to be talking about Man United fans here. They don't do any of the above.

digging-a-hole.jpg

There is quite a few people on here who watch Kagawa. Numerous BVB fans plus Bayern fans and Odd_Morsel follows that Japanese National Team closely and I think Wilbury has been watching the Bundesliga this year.

faridmon

It wasn't a transfer embargo, it was a registration embargo. They could always have sold players (and will have to), just were not able to buy any.
You can probably get him for less than that.

Thats is the only thing that matters. The fact that we can get him for cheap is what I was wondering and thanks for that answer.

Kyoufu talks the most shit in the whole thread, lest we forget.

Oh ok, never mind me then. Carry on Kyoufu!

Hixx

I feel like I should apologize to Kyoufu for bringing it up again.

However, any time a Mag gets his comeuppance in here I really enjoy it.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Celtic v Real Madrid friendly at Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia on August 11. On the one hand that'll be fun.. on the other that's right in the middle of our CL qualifiers. :|

Ah well.. it's not often you get the chance to play against one of the world's greatest football clubs.. so I can see why Real Madrid accepted the offer. ;)

faridmon

Seems like i'm the only one who doesn't watch kagawa

Don't get us wrong, he is great player and all, but his name comes a lot because of the great Doretmund team and if Gotze and Hummels for example were coming to the PL, we would talk about them instead.

Is Kagawa this seasons Sneijder? I.E - IT'S DONE! IT'S DONE! 2 months later, it's not done.

wat.

Except that Kagawa is actually coming to the PL?

Well, with three competitions next year I really don't see this being a problem. Quite the opposite in fact. We all saw what happened this year from january to mid-march, when Marchisio and Vidal were basically dead. Endless string of draws ft(almost)l. Now sign that fucking WC striker and we're set.

I can't wait to see how we measure up in Europe next season. I have a pretty good feeling, but you never know.

If Asamoah comes, we don't get Verratti (unless he's strictly on co-ownership, or we loan him out immediately). I think we'll be fine with that but I'd like to see Verratti given space behind Pirlo. Either that, or we don't get Pogba which seems unlikely at this point to be honest.

Someone said Conte confirmed that we're keeping Marrone. Not that I don't believe my fratelli, but link? Can't find this in any standard channel.

Carobbio was arrested for his involvement in Grosseto matches, not Siena. Why the fuck is he talking about Siena is beyond me.

Il Corriere is running a story where he accuses Conte's involvement was limited to agreeing to a draw. It any case it seems tenuous and I'm not worried, but it does seem like a small back peddling, but not complete reversal that your friend is pointing to.

So far, only Zamparini replied, and it's both a lolworthy and an actually correct reply: "he's destroying Italy and he's an ignorant: every year, professional football teams give 800 millions to the State. He's a demagogue, it's incredible how he talks about football but avoids people's issues, he should walk on the streets and listen how it's like to live in Italy. This country is sinking, we're telling and nobody is listening. He's just stupid."

Zamp is a crazy fucker but he's spot on. Italy needs the Serie A even if it's still hemorrhaging money (I'm convinced Juve's current setup is going to lead the charge to profitability. I hope for the league's sake that Milan and Inter follow suit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom