• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Looks like it's Rodgers then, Duncan Jenkins confirmed we're in contract talks with him, and considering what he's got right so far I doubt he would unless he actually thought it was happening.

His brochure is brilliant by the way:

hows it going mates. i am currently looking for work as a journo, tbh honest i am now desperate as me mam has said she is going to kick me out if i do not get a job soon. i am desperate to avoid call centres and i dont wanna go back to little chef or something shit like that, so i have borrowed michael owen's superp idea of doing a P.R. brochure. i would like all news paper editors and stuff to have a look at this. please get in touch if you are impressed. thanks mates.

duncanbrands2.jpg

"tatical mouse"
3AQmK.gif

Supposedly United and City may be interested in Ricky von Wolfswinkel. Hadn't heard any rumors about that before but it seems like any Striker who may be on the market is immediately mentioned as a possibility.

He was fucking great in FM 11 and 12 at Sporting and obviously had a nice season. I don't see him as a worthwhile target personally though. Not yet at least.

United have been linked with him for months now. He could be a fantastic striker if he improves his finishing. I can´t see us selling him for less than 20M.

Meier

What's the value on Dzeko right now? City paid Milner type money for him last summer, no? They can't possibly expect to make that back with a sale to Bayern. Seems like a good move for him and Bayern though.

City bought him in January 2011. He did have a productive season (19 goals in 40 matches) so the price is expected to be in the range of £20-25 million. We paid £27 million for him.

United have been linked with him for months now. He could be a fantastic striker if he improves his finishing. I can´t see us selling him for less than 20M.

Yeah, I realized I worded that funny after I'd headed to lunch -- I meant that I had not heard any rumors of City's interest previously.

Fry

Looks like it's Rodgers then, Duncan Jenkins confirmed we're in contract talks with him, and considering what he's got right so far I doubt he would unless he actually thought it was happening.

His brochure is brilliant by the way:

duncanbrands2.jpg

"tatical mouse"
3AQmK.gif

'so i have borrowed michael owen's superp idea of doing a P.R. brochure'

Fucking LOL

I admire Rodgers, great philosophy and faith he puts into his team. I do wonder though if it is too early for him, maybe stay at Swansea for a 2nd season but then again he did get them near the top half, so all credit to him and his players!

If he goes to Liverpool, I expect the media to jump on him from the start. But I think he will get Liverpool playing some great football, and win over his critics. Also, he should teach Suarez how to finish :lol

PaulLFC

an ode to gary lineker

gary lineker gary lineker
what a life you've had
gary lineker gary lineker
i'd love it if you were my dad

mine fucked off years ago

oh gary
you have done so many things
and in a way it is not fair
i wish i could do just one of those things
but you probably dont care

oh gary oh gary
you were a total goal hanger
oh gary oh gary
is mark lawrenson a wanker

he seems like one
mates

goal hanger goal hanger
a yellow card you did never get
no anger no anger
you looked after gazza
when he was upset

oh gary oh gary
"have a word with him" you said
oh gary oh gary
and you pointed to your head

you hung up your boots
and went on the telly
then your hairs went all grey
like the italian, ravenelli

or pip schofield

you like to write poims for your new birds
i read it on the internet
what inspired you to write those words
i bet you've been on punternet

your new wife is fit as fuck
i've heard she's got a lisp
but i bet she's not bothered mates
not with all those free crisps

i love you on the telly
you are smooth but never flash
i even love your sun bed tan
do you remember that moustache

pencil thin
like erroll flynn
the singer from "hot chocolate"
you sexy thing
you sexy thing
i dont know why you chopped it
off

oh gary oh gary
see you on M.O.T.D
oh gary oh gary
one day that'll be me

http://duncanjenkins.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/ode-to-gary-lineker.html

KuGsj.gif

Hixx

SO I bought the ticket for the screening The Dictator at 9 O'clock tonight. Can't wait. Really sucks that its short though.

Ali G and Borat were the same length. His characters aren't interesting enough for the film to be anything other than 80-90 min films, tbh.

Hahaha, seems like Götze is called Pummelfee at Dortmund since he came back from his injury. There's no proper translation, word for word it's "chubby fairy".

faridmon

Ali G and Borat were the same length. His characters aren't interesting enough for the film to be anything other than 80-90 min films, tbh.

So I assume you didn't like it enough then. I haven't watched Borat and Ali G so I wouldn't know what to expect but from the trailers (which I hope it wasn't very spoilary), it seems that it could be a larger story than it appears to be. He is a bloody dictator after all.

But again, I shall see for myself what sort of movie it is. It seems that everyone I have talked to about it got a few laughs here and there.

Wilbur

Banned
Ode to Gary Lineker :lol :lol :lol

Incredible.

I've been banned from another forum a few years ago after posting a poem I wrote about cunnilingus. Whoops.

Wilbur

Banned
well now you've got to tell us

We discovered overstream, which is a subtitling program, and ended up doing some of those Hitler videos. Then I stumbled upon a French version of Fort Boyard and a Persian rap and subtitled them and the forum went batshit over them but I got banned for being too explicit in talking about cock.

faridmon

Care to back this up? Or anyone else? Don't know too much about Swansea under Martinez, so will be interested to read about it.

I thought that was a very known thing that went around? From what I hear from Podcasts and what not, most of those players were there when Rodgers arrived and the club had a certain discipline which he based his work around.

Clegg

We discovered overstream, which is a subtitling program, and ended up doing some of those Hitler videos. Then I stumbled upon a French version of Fort Boyard and a Persian rap and subtitled them and the forum went batshit over them but I got banned for being too explicit in talking about cock.

You must show us this video.

MPW

Roberto Carlos is the last major signing for the 'Classic Match' 2012 that veterans face Real Madrid to Manchester United. El brasileño volverá a galopar por la banda izquierda para delicia de los que acudan al Bernabéu por una buena causa. The Brazilian will gallop down the left wing to the delight of those who come to the Bernabeu for a good cause.

fuck yeah!

looking forward to this classic match :)

Mastadon

Banned
I thought that was a very known thing that went around? From what I hear from Podcasts and what not, most of those players were there when Rodgers arrived and the club had a certain discipline which he based his work around.

Rodgers signed some of Swansea's best players this year (Vorm, Graham, Sigurdsson). Obviously a lot of the framework was in place when he took over, but it'd be disingenuous to suggest he inherited a squad that would have performed as well as Swansea have this season.

LegoArmo

Rodgers signed some of Swansea's best players this year (Vorm, Graham, Sigurdsson). Obviously a lot of the framework was in place when he took over, but it'd be disingenuous to suggest he inherited a squad that would have performed as well as Swansea have this season.

Definitely not, but Swansea weren't doing too good when Martinez took over, he introduced new training regimes and a new continental style of play and almost got the team promoted himself. Then he left for Wigan and Rodgers finished the job, and did so amazingly well.

No one knows for sure how much of Martinez's philosophy carried over though, I guess.

I just find it interesting, maybe FSG did know what kind of manager they wanted from the start, they just couldn't decide which of the Swansea boys it would be.

Mastadon

Banned
Definitely not, but Swansea weren't doing too good when Martinez took over, he introduced new training regimes and a new continental style of play and almost got the team promoted himself. Then he left for Wigan and Rodgers finished the job, and did so amazingly well.

No one knows for sure how much of Martinez's philosophy carried over though, I guess.

I just find it interesting, maybe FSG did know what kind of manager they wanted from the start, they just couldn't decide which of the Swansea boys it would be.

Yep I think you're right, and honestly I think both managers will go on to achieve a lot in the game. I just think that, currently, Rodgers is probably going to handle the step up a little better than Martinez.

elsk

Banned
Ralf Rangnick has an official offer from West Bromwich Albion, according to "Kicker". He already turned down Besiktas and Anderlecht.

faridmon

I am hoping for TWEWY 2 and I am alrady dissapointed because that won't exists in a few days.

Anyway, I am off to see that Dictator movie. Tada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom