• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Richard Arnold, United's commercial director - "this year, we finished our season in first place and City finished winning on goal difference."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Also on the whole 659m fans

"of course another way of looking at 659m fans is that United make just 50p revenue per fan per year. Arnold should quit, he's failed"
@unitedrant

Zabojnik

So according to this Carrobio guy Siena's president Mezzaroma asked the team to lose a match because he wanted to bet on the defeat of his own team? Wasn't this the plot of the timeless classic "L'allenatore nel pallone"?!
KuGsj.gif
Now I know that fiction is sometimes more real than reality, but I have a feeling Carrobio is about to have quite a few (legit) lawsuits filed against him ...

Hahaha, seems like Götze is called Pummelfee at Dortmund since he came back from his injury. There's no proper translation, word for word it's "chubby fairy".

Poor Mario :(

Why would they close OT? E3 sucks. Also, let's start a covert topic in Gaming Side that is really just footyGAF.

Maybe some IP about cocknoses?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So according to this Carrobio guy Siena's president Mezzaroma asked the team to lose a match because he wanted to bet on the defeat of his own team? Wasn't this the plot of the timeless classic "L'allenatore nel pallone"?!
KuGsj.gif
Now I know that reality is sometimes more real than fiction, but I have a feeling Carrobio is about to have quite a few (legit) lawsuits filed against him ...

Can Carobbio corroborate, that is the question?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Zabojnik

Someone told him that someone told him ... but he can't remember the name. Yeah, I don't see this turning out that great for him. Btw, the match was Siena - Varese. It ended 5 - 0 for Siena, lol. According to Carrobio the guy that told him was shocked at the president's proposition and everyone in the Siena staff knew about it and was strongly opposed. Yet ... they were all perfectly fine with it in another match, Siena - Novara? It makes no sense.

dc89

Yeah it's comfortable feels like city's home kit from 10/11 season.

It's a pijama polo shirt :p classy though

Also held UTDs kit, not comfortable. Rough to touch. Hope barcas is not like that

That Cty kit material then was class. From the pics I've seen of this seasons supposed kits it appears to be making a come back!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Someone told him that someone told him ... but he can't remember the name. Yeah, I don't see this turning out that great for him. Btw, the match was Siena - Varese. It ended 5 - 0 for Siena, lol. According to Carrobio the guy that told him was shocked at the president's proposition and everyone in the Siena staff knew about it and was strongly opposed. Yet ... they were all perfectly fine with it in another match, Siena - Novara? It makes no sense.

Now it's just sad really
MRIA8.gif
MRIA8.gif

Speaking of someone telling someone something! Romeo Agresti (allegedly reliable?) is saying Cavani won't mind a transfer to Juve.

We need to get over this whole Cavani thing ASAP. Not happening.

Arnie

Now it's just sad really
MRIA8.gif
MRIA8.gif

Speaking of someone telling someone something! Romeo Agresti (allegedly reliable?) is saying Cavani won't mind a transfer to Juve.

We need to get over this whole Cavani thing ASAP. Not happening.

I heard Cavani was having dinner with Rogers to discuss his move to Anfield.

LegoArmo

I don't understand why a woman would care what a man wears to bed. It's the second time I've seen someone say their wife/girlfriend wouldn't let them wear a football top to bed. Weird.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's pretty weird when you're both wearing kits.

I can't make love to Kaka god dammit!

edit:I said too much.

dc89

My GF despises football shirts sadly. I always wind her up if she pisses me off saying 'I'll get you a City top for your birthday/Xmas'

The only one she likes is the France home shirt. And the previous France away shirt cause to her they don't really look like football shirts.

My GF despises football shirts sadly. I always wind her up if she pisses me off saying 'I'll get you a City top for your birthday/Xmas'

The only one she likes is the France home shirt. And the previous France away shirt cause to her they don't really look like football shirts.

Well, then I must have a keeper if she'll roleplay as ronaldo for me.

elsk

Banned
Heynckes says Schweinsteiger suffered an injury to his calf 5 minutes into the CL final but still carried on playing for 115 mins.

Schweinsteiger has yet to train with the National Team and is still suffering from the injury sustained in the CL final.

It will be a day to day analysis to determine if he can participate in team training to minimize risk.

^Chiellini, dude.

Sadly, this means nothing anymore :(

Meh, I don't really care. I'm not the biggest fan of Dzeko tbh. I would rather buy a CAM.

Messi

My GF does not mind, but then again she does not exist :(

elsk

Banned
the problem will be city not dzeko. I don't think they're accepting anything below 25m €

I doubt they can ask for more than 20m, to be honest. They want to off-load him, he had an average season and they need to sell because of the FFP. Also, you don't want to mess with Rummenigge because of the FFP :p

Btw: Bild apparently running a story that links Schalke with van der Vaart.

elsk

Banned
This will be the dumpest transfer ever. Gomez and Dzeko? Two striker who need games to feel confident?

I know! I would be ok if they wanted to sell Gómez and buy Dzeko. But having both is kind of stupid. I would prefer to use Pizarro and Gómez this season and buy a CAM who could also play as false9.

fuenf

I know! I would be ok if they wanted to sell Gómez and buy Dzeko. But having both is kind of stupid. I would prefer to use Pizarro and Gómez this season and buy a CAM who could also play as false9.

yeah the best case scenario would be Dzeko blossoming into a slightly better version of Gomez. Guess next season will be more of same, only with more depth on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom