• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

iRG5IJPS8d8or.gif

Slizz

Having Dzeko and Gómez in the same team is like having Tevez and Aguero. But in a bad way.

Let me sub Gomez for Gomez, I mean Dzeko.

Today Dzeko, I mean Gomez is starting.

Today Gomez is playing with his twin up top, I mean Dzeko.

Meier

If it's true why is City selling Dzeko? Seems like a dumb move if you ask me.

I have mixed feelings. His height is obviously a huge plus and was clearly quite pivotal in the league winner -- it's something City are clearly lacking especially from attackers. His form at the beginning of the season was absolutely sparkling.

However, Dzeko more or less disappeared down the stretch. This is largely due to the fact he wasn't getting as much time and clearly lost some confidence... a chicken and egg scenario. Although he is publicly stating he's happy, I think he's probably interested in moving on as well and unlike some of the other cast-off strikers (Santa Cruz, Adebayor), he actually has sale value still. I think Tevez will be sold as well but Balotelli will remain.

If we'd signed Hazard, I think we would have just gone with Kun up front and 3 attacking midfielders (Nasri, Hazard, Silva - Balotelli spelling the Wingers on occasion or coming in for Aguero), but now that that's fallen through I wouldn't be surprised if Mancini stuck with 2 strikers. I would be surprised if City did not sign RVP, Cavani, Llorente or Falcao given the circumstances. I like Cavani the most in this scenario due to his height and the fact he's the youngest. Llorente offers the height but he didn't really step up in his last two big matches and obviously is a wee bit older.

It's quite clearly not his actual twitter, but it's a glorious tweet all the same. BAM.

FWIW, the joke popped up last week when it was announced they wouldn't be attending. It was spread around in a similar manner to the Terry one yesterday that went along the lines of Hazard to Chelsea now that his wife/girlfriend. has agreed to terms with John Terry.

ATF487

Just got irrationally mad at an unlucky run in Fifa and decided to trade it in.

But if anyone else is thinking of doing the same for other reasons, the price amazon quoted me was 30 dollars.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

But if anyone else is thinking of doing the same for other reasons, the price amazon quoted me was 30 dollars.

Seems crazy since its selling for $40 right now on Amazon.

I traded my copy in months ago. I don't know what I was thinking :(

elsk

Banned
After the clubs have reached an agreement, Shinji Kagawa agreed personal terms with Manchester United as well, according to "Bild".

Arnie

Yesssssssssssssssssssss.

It's cold and I have to catch a train. But my day is going well.

You think your day's going well?

I got a hair cut, bought some proper naughty shorts and now I'm razzing some Indesign with a cold Heineken.

I may or may not be watching Drive later, also.

fuenf

After the clubs have reached an agreement, Shinji Kagawa agreed personal terms with Manchester United as well, according to "Bild".

hate to spoil the party but there's nothing new in the article. just a rehash of todays news. The personal terms bit is more along the lines of "Kagawa had already reached an agreement/understanding with Sir Alex a little while ago."

edit: dont worry ManU-GAF you'll get him but this isnt the confirmation you are looking for.

Zabojnik

Benzema: "I follow Juve, I used to love the club when I was little and wanted to be like Van Der Sar."

Van Der Sar? Great goalkeeper, no doubt, but he was TERRIBLE during the two seasons he played for us. That's probably why he opted to become a striker.

meme9.png

HIk5C.gif
HIk5C.gif
HIk5C.gif

TAKE IT KYOUFU TAKE ITTTTTTTTTTT

hate to spoil the party but there's nothing new in the article. just a rehash of todays news. The personal terms bit is more along the lines of "Kagawa had already reached an agreement/understanding with Sir Alex a little while ago."

edit: dont worry ManU-GAF you'll get him but this isnt the confirmation you are looking for.
I should have known :(

This gif is going to be used so much next season, isn't it?
Yes, I already pledged to used it 100 times. At least.

Salazar

Benzema: "I follow Juve, I used to love the club when I was little and wanted to be like Van Der Sar."

Van Der Sar? Great goalkeeper, no doubt, but he was TERRIBLE in the two seasons he played for us. :D

He means he wanted to stand around not doing very much.

I've been very close. That price may be worth it.

But I also want the wire and am possibly moving house, may treat myself.

Stupid hbo not being on Netflix
I'd provide you with my parents HBO go info but it's my parents info and it probably wouldn't work overseas.

Arnie

I've deployed the naughty shorts in the picture thread. They don't look too naughty on that photo, think I rolled them down a tad. Trust me, they're a bit crazier in person.

I've deployed the naughty shorts in the picture thread. They don't look too naughty on that photo, think I rolled them down a tad. Trust me, they're a bit crazier in person.
They look completely normal in that pic.

BTW, you should buy a Gotze shirt.

There's no such thing as irrationally mad when it comes to FIFA.

Does anybody else think the game decides whether your going to win or lose and then adjusts 50/50's, loose balls etc accordingly to land to the other team 9 out 10 times? I swear, I get to 10 points in league 4 in head to head seasons so easily and then I always end up loosing my last lot of games. They're always bullshit too, like some guy who's crap but everything falls his way and his keeper doesn't miss a trick.

Arnie

My mate's got a Gotze shirt, may borrow.

Speaking of borrowing things, my housemate just dropped the Drive blu ray through my door. I'll work for another hour then I'm watching it, hope it's as good as everyone says it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom