• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

I got replied to by Charlie Brooker about Skyrim and loads of people retweeted me. It's odd how famous I felt.

I've also met Tom Daley and stood on his toe, done the robot with Bruno from Strictly Come Dancing and thrown a sausage roll at Minty from Eastenders for being a rude wanker.

You also got a tag today. #fuckyeah

I had a conversation with Jenna Hazes boyfriend on there. Think that beats all, sorry.

and some danish players for some reason takes my bait on my spoof account

Hixx

Lucas tweeted me twice and also re-tweeted me. Aaron Paul (Jesse from Breaking Bad) sent me a private message. Cliff Bleszinski also replied me twice.

Beat that!

I discussed Spartacus Blood and Sand with Jody Craddock. And had a few arguments with Mark Bright. And Darren Williams follows me.

I'm almost famous.

edit: Wilbury got tagged? He's no longer cool.

Slizz

My Twitter claim to fame is somehow having these 2 hot C/D list celeb sisters following me:

aly-michalka-hot-instagram-pic-03-580x435.jpg

Hmm, the best RT I ever got was from Alistair Overeem...or maybe Lethal Bizzle when I said his spelling was a bit "leave it"...but most of you won't get that...

Yen

Tim Gatt ‏@TimGattITV
Liverpool council tells The Guardian #LFC plans to ditch plans for Stanley Park stadium and demolish surrounding houses to expand Anfield

Wow!

Slizz

Who the hell are they?

Lol Alyson and Amanda Michalka they share a Twitter. The hotter one has been in some movies recently and had a show called Hellcats in the States.

aly-michalka-maxim-7.jpg

AlysonMichalka.gif

tumblr_lya08e1R0F1r0ztafo1_500.gif

Both legal btw. Curly haired blonde is 25, the other is like 2 years younger.

Wilbur

Banned
You also got a tag today. #fuckyeah

I discussed Spartacus Blood and Sand with Jody Craddock. And had a few arguments with Mark Bright. And Darren Williams follows me.

I'm almost famous.

edit: Wilbury got tagged? He's no longer cool.

Hahaha nice one Willkiller

Haha, the tag is perfect.

HOLY FUCK I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE

I'm like some kind of celebrity like Gary Glitter

Somehow I don't want to see the worst happenning. But you never know.

These Germans born in the late 80's, early 90's are different from the ones born before them. They don't seem to consider collecting silverware as a duty, they are more about posh stuff and money, and who can blame them ? Financially, Germany sits on everybody's face, there is no incentive to "prove" anything on the pitch. Everbody knows how strong "the" Germany is now.

I'm not sure, I'd kinda be happy about a fresh start. Löw is okay but doesn't seem like the guy that will win us titles. And I'm goddamn tired of some of his choices. Mertesacker is a joke, Podolski as left wing, too. But on the other side I don't know who should be the coach considering Klopp is ours and has no interest yet anyway. And there's hardly a chance that a new coach would change all that much. The biggest part of the team is picking itself...

Hieberrr

Damn, Germany looked maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad sloppy out there LOL

I swear, all of these "test runs" are gonna come bite us in the ass when we're thrown onto the pitch against real teams without any real time together.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yea, I'm not saying any international comps ever, but I thought he wanted Chicha to get a rest since he's been playing nonstop for a while now.
The Mexican Federation broke out the news that Chicharito wouldn't be at the Olympics like a month ago. I'm surprised Man Utd only made it official now.

Meier

Lucas tweeted me twice and also re-tweeted me. Aaron Paul (Jesse from Breaking Bad) sent me a private message. Cliff Bleszinski also replied me twice.

Beat that!

I am not sure I can beat the Aaron Paul RT, but Aziz Ansari and Edgar Wright have responded to me numerous times which made me happy as a pig in shit.

Paul Qui (Top Chef winner from here in Austin) favorited one of my tweets and retweeted it too.

https://twitter.com/azizansari/status/182131491722117120

Feorax

Tim Gatt ‏@TimGattITV
Liverpool council tells The Guardian #LFC plans to ditch plans for Stanley Park stadium and demolish surrounding houses to expand Anfield

Wow!

Ties in with the rumours we will be announcing £350 million naming rights partner tomorrow. Not quite sure how Air China will work as a stadium name though...

It's so scary to think that mods actually read this topic. Always thought that we were in a safe-zone, away from all the madness that is the offtopic.

Well seems like he only got it because Willkiller quoted it outside the thread. But yeah, Kabouter said he read it I think.

I don't think this place breaks any TOS guidelines beyond the random post asking for a stream.

Which we should really should stop. I'm nervously watching around every time a stream link it posted in here.

Ties in with the rumours we will be announcing £350 million naming rights partner tomorrow. Not quite sure how Air China will work as a stadium name though...
Holy shit, £350m? Over how many years?

If true about the Anfield redevelopment, LFC fans will suddenly be all over FSG's dick after this week's events...things change so quickly in football.

Feorax

Holy shit, £350m? Over how many years?

If true about the Anfield redevelopment, LFC fans will suddenly be all over FSG's dick after this week's events...things change so quickly in football.

If it's true, we'll find out tomorrow the exact figure and over how many years. Still just twitter bollocks at the moment, but twitter bollocks has been extremely reliable recently.

FWIW, £350 million is far more than I was expecting to hear.

I think the current record is the Met-Life stadium for the New York Giant at about $20m/year, £12m/year.

The £350m is feasible, just depends over how many years, if it's say, 20 years, it's a mighty impressive deal at £17.5m/year. I can believe that actually, considering the audience for the PL and that football teams have many more home games than NFL teams.

Clegg

If the Liverpool rumour is anywhere near accurate then I'd expect the Glazers will attempt to do the same thing.

It would certainly help with the debt situation.

If the Liverpool rumour is anywhere near accurate then I'd expect the Glazers will attempt to do the same thing.

It would certainly help with the debt situation.
I think it'd be a last resort tbh. If the IPO is successful for example, there would be no real need. Especially when we have renewals coming up soon with Nike. Can imagine we will be earning £35m+/year when the next kit deal is signed, whether it's with Nike or a switch to Adidas. Will probably switch sponsors in 2 years too when the Aon deal expires and earn an extra £5m/£10m a year there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom