• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, £350m? Over how many years?

If true about the Anfield redevelopment, LFC fans will suddenly be all over FSG's dick after this week's events...things change so quickly in football.

Apparently the rumour going around is that the capacity will only go up to 55k, which I find really disappointing. Even 60k was a bit low.

Wilbur

Banned

elsk

Banned
I wouldn't pay more than 20m for Hulk. He's cool and everything but that's too much money for him. For that money I would expect someone like Neymar at least.

Wilbur

Banned
I wouldn't pay more than 20m for Hulk. He's cool and everything but that's too much money for him. For that money I would expect someone like Neymar at least.

What are the defences like in the Brazilian league? Are Neymar's goals actually representative of his talent?

ATF487

Apparently the rumour going around is that the capacity will only go up to 55k, which I find really disappointing. Even 60k was a bit low.

Seems strange, considering I heard "building a new stadium for 15k doesn't make sense" from Henry....maybe developing the main stand gets them to 55 with more to be done later? I don't know.

I like this idea since I have an internal deadline to start living abroad by Euro 2016 and I really don't want Anfield to be demolished

elsk

Banned
What are the defences like in the Brazilian league? Are Neymar's goals actually representative of his talent?

I think he could be a somewhat-flop like Robinho. Santos is doing well in Copa Libertadores too, so he's doing good against all the zone defenders.

But at least he's promising. Hulk is already like 90% of what he can be, so you're paying that kind of money for the current player and I don't see anything amazing in him tbh. Would've been smarter to buy Falcao for that money, now that's an amazing player.

Also, this same Porto sold Guarín for less than 10m euros to Inter right? Teams always add like 10m extra on transfers when an english team is involved, because they know they tend to over inflate prices and are willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money..

Wilbur

Banned
You are responsible for my demise Yenrot

You are burdened with the guilt

You.....killed.....mufasa.....I mean Jeff!

You know full well you can't go round calling people Cuntrot.

I think he could be a somewhat-flop like Robinho. Santos is doing well in Copa Libertadores too, so he's doing good against all the zone defenders.

But at least he's promising. Hulk is already like 90% of what he can be, so you're paying that kind of money for the current player and I don't see anything amazing in him tbh. Would've been smarter to buy Falcao for that money, now that's an amazing player.

Thanks. I think the thing is that if they bought Falcao, they admit that Torres failed.

FootballFan

Why are people so desperate to get tagged anyway. It's no fun if you go out begging for it.

Yeah I am confused by this, I only post here pretty much so I doubt I will ever get a tag.

People using it against you must also be annoying e.g. if a guys tag is "Always wrong", he can spend 15 minutes typing a post, only to be replied by heaps of:
(Username)
Always wrong
(Date Time)

Sunhis one is the best though. He is telling us history 1 gif at a time.

OT: Just watched TAKEN, If you guys haven't seen it before, get to it. So good.

..Good luck.

Awesome film.

PaulLFC

At first, probably yes. If we're redeveloping we'll have to do it in stages. I'm happy if it means we get to stay at Anfield, I'd kind of accepted that a new stadium was a needed inevitability but I'd much rather we redevelop Anfield if we can.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I am confused by this, I only post here pretty much so I doubt I will ever get a tag.

People using it against you must also be annoying e.g. if a guys tag is "Always wrong", he can spend 15 minutes typing a post, only to be replied by heaps of:
(Username)
Always wrong
(Date Time)

Sunhis one is the best though. He is telling us history 1 gif at a time.

..Good luck.

Awesome film.

This is a disadvantage. I ever say anything about children and I'm getting tag branded.

Scum

This is a disadvantage. I ever say anything about children and I'm getting tag branded.

Wilbury
"Lads! I'm over the moon! I and the Missus just had our first born son!"

Scum
bU8Id.gif

Fady K

Since Hazard is now a Chelsea player, it only makes sense that I make a hazardous post:

"Tomorrow I will post megapost. I will decide time tomorrow. Not big, but not very small." (aka all posters will be responded to. All. posters.)

Fady K

Following all you awesome folks on twitter. Not many tweets. Will try to keep you entertained though. Thank God for the 140 character limit. Far more disciplined, I shall be.

Bosnia vs Mexico about to begin. :) Let's hope it's a great match.

^^ Regulus, did not know you were a Guadalajara fan! How on Earth did they end up last in their group :/?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
^^ Regulus, did not know you were a Guadalajara fan! How on Earth did they end up last in their group :/?
This is what happens when you don't buy players for two straight years and end up relying on people from the youth teams to tackle two tournaments.

Since Hazard is now a Chelsea player, it only makes sense that I make a hazardous post:

"Tomorrow I will post megapost. I will decide time tomorrow. Not big, but not very small." (aka all posters will be responded to. All. posters.)

Is that legal? All posterd?

Fady K

Liverpool gaf, how much did Downing + Carroll + Henderson cost altogether? I was just hearing from a Chelsea fan how, if Hulk ended up being bough for 32m, then Hulk + Hazard + Marin's price < Jordan + Andy + Stuart. Is that true?

This is what happens when you don't buy players for two straight years and end up relying on people from the youth teams to tackle two tournaments.

Nuts :/ Any signs of them learning their lesson?

Fady K

Oh my days, a DC fighting game. Suddenly very excited for E3 - Even if it is a NetherRealms game.

NetherRealms WILL do good bro ;) Mortal Kombat 2011 + DC vs MK experience proves they can pull of some great fighting games. Should be good.

So many gems to look forward to this E3. So many!

Fady K

So Dead Space 3 is now official? Cool. About to play the second one for the first time.

This would never ever happen, but I'd love to see a Marvel vs DC fighting game.

If only :( Speaking of DC, when will the freakin' Watchmen become playable characters in a fighter? The characters would fit perfectly in a fighting game!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nuts :/ Any signs of them learning their lesson?
We hired a bunch of Johann Cruyff's friends to take care of coaching and developmental football! Not that our youth system needed a revamp. In fact, it's the one thing Chivas has done consistently well this past decade.

We are looking to buy an enganche and a number nine from Morelia. They should be decent, but not enough to tackle two more tournaments this year, especially since Marco Fabián's departure is inevitable now.

Sloosha

So Dead Space 3 is now official? Cool. About to play the second one for the first time.

If only :( Speaking of DC, when will the freakin' Watchmen become playable characters in a fighter? The characters would fit perfectly in a fighting game!

Alan Moore would continue to spin in his proverbial grave.

I just want playable Zatanna and Cassandra Cain (The character that got me into comics).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom