• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fëanor

Fuck, listening to that asshole from Univision commentating the game annoys so much! Butchering last names left and right.

It'll probably be increased several times. We aren't going to sell out 70k seats.. Not right now anyway.
Yeah you would, or at least close to. Definitely somewhere in between 60k-70k. Liverpool have LOADS of fans.

In terms of UK fanbase United will #1, Liverpool #2 and Arsenal #3 but Liverpool will be well ahead of Arsenal, not sure how far behind United they are but they'll certainly sell out 60k if Arsenal can. Even though the team isn't doing great people will still turn up, no doubt about it.

If it's only going up to 55k that's quite low but I'm sure that's a first step only. Doubt they can get Anfield up to 70k at that site though, not by sticking extra stands on. The over-head shots make it difficult to tell but I doubt there is enough space with homes knocked over to build a really big ground there. Wonder how redevelopment will effect current capacity too. Not gonna be an easy job but at least the cramped atmosphere will be retained. Better for LFC to stay at Anfield though IMO.

Wilbur

Banned
Is every Liverpool fan here opposed to a groundshare?

I know it's practical for revenue and stuff but I just can't fathom Liverpool leaving Anfield. It's bad enough Arsenal did it but Anfield's probably - along with the Bernabeu and possibly the Nou Camp and Maracana - the most famous stadium in the world.

Is every Liverpool fan here opposed to a groundshare?

I know it's practical for revenue and stuff but I just can't fathom Liverpool leaving Anfield. It's bad enough Arsenal did it but Anfield's probably - along with the Bernabeu and possibly the Nou Camp and Maracana - the most famous stadium in the world.
Wemberrrrleeeeeee.

Agree though, would be very very sad if LFC left Anfield. I kinda wish they did because I really don't think they'd have the same confidence at home at a new ground, but it would be a big big loss to the sport. Even Fergie loves it.

Wilbur

Banned
Wemberrrrleeeeeee.

Agree though, would be very very sad if LFC left Anfield. I kinda wish they did because I really don't think they'd have the same confidence at home at a new ground, but it would be a big big loss to the sport. Even Fergie loves it.

forgot about wembley lolz

Maybe at their new ground they'd beat Aston Villa.

ATF487

Liverpool gaf, how much did Downing + Carroll + Henderson cost altogether? I was just hearing from a Chelsea fan how, if Hulk ended up being bough for 32m, then Hulk + Hazard + Marin's price < Jordan + Andy + Stuart. Is that true?

20 + 35 + 20 < 38 + 32 + 6.5
75 vs. 76.5

Not quite, but I'm sure any one of us would have rather paid 1.5m more to get those players instead

edit: I wonder if Venky's still want Ronaldinho, they could get him on a free now

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Andrade completely invisible during the first half. Hopefully Guardado comes in.

Defense is shaky. Moreno should be starting before Maza if both can't play at the same time. This is the worst match I've seen from Torres Nilo in a while.

Meza and Gio the best. Barrera doesn't look bad today, surprisingly.

Messi

Since Hazard is now a Chelsea player, it only makes sense that I make a hazardous post:

"Tomorrow I will post megapost. I will decide time tomorrow. Not big, but not very small." (aka all posters will be responded to. All. posters.)

I have yet to receive my weekly Fady newsletter, anyone else having this problem??

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Good game Bosnia. I think the draw would have been the fairer result. Lots of chances in both sides.

Somebody gif all that build-up to the goal though!

Clegg

Freddie Boswell thinks United are after Iker Muniain.

Not sure how reliable he is but I reckon United would have no chance of signing him anyway.

sohois

20 + 35 + 20 < 38 + 32 + 6.5
75 vs. 76.5

Not quite, but I'm sure any one of us would have rather paid 1.5m more to get those players instead

edit: I wonder if Venky's still want Ronaldinho, they could get him on a free now

Henderson was 16, not 20 and i think Marin was 8 or 9? A bit bigger than 1.5m difference. Also worth considering wages, Hazard's rumoured wages alone are bigger than the 3 liverpool player combined. Chelsea would probably be spending at least 10mil extra every year for those 3.

Az

Just got back from the Bosnia Mexico game. Dumb mistake. I am wet as a mofo.

Couple of fights broke out. Also dumb.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Huge gif warning:
iLc1sFXlkKNum.gif
Just got back from the Bosnia Mexico game. Dumb mistake. I am wet as a mofo.

Couple of fights broke out. Also dumb.
Man, I hate when that happens. :(

Lovely atmosphere, field contamination aside. It's rare to see Mexico seem like the away team when playing in the USA. Hopefully you at least enjoyed the sound.

GQman2121

Banned
So pretty much all of the rumors this week regarding our transfers have come true. I expect RDM to be name manager next week and then join the double unveiling of Hulk and Hazard.

Salazar

Freddie Boswell thinks United are after Iker Muniain.

Not sure how reliable he is but I reckon United would have no chance of signing him anyway.

It makes sense to have a lunge after at least one Athletic Bilbao player. Herrera would be another.

Bossniak

so whats your thoughts on bosnian mistake that led to the winning goal?
Facepalmed and sat down as the mexicans in front of me cheered. Bosnia is really missing Spahic and papac as cb . Hope I don't see vrjanes play ever again. Still had a lot of fun especially dzekos goal.

ATF487

Henderson was 16, not 20 and i think Marin was 8 or 9? A bit bigger than 1.5m difference. Also worth considering wages, Hazard's rumoured wages alone are bigger than the 3 liverpool player combined. Chelsea would probably be spending at least 10mil extra every year for those 3.

The numbers fluctuate depending on the source, I've seen a few places say Marin for 6.5 or 7 and Henderson's was 16 rising to 20 depending on certain stipulations.

You're right about the wages, at least in them being a large factor, but if they were enough to get the team into champions league football then it'd be worth it.

rodvik

So pretty much all of the rumors this week regarding our transfers have come true. I expect RDM to be name manager next week and then join the double unveiling of Hulk and Hazard.

I am so happy to be seeing Hulk play in the PL. Its gonna be great.

sixghost

Lovely atmosphere, field contamination aside. It's rare to see Mexico seem like the away team when playing in the USA. Hopefully you at least enjoyed the sound.

Were you referring to the way Mexico played, or the number of Mexican fans?

You guys are usually so well represented anywhere in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom