• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

dc, I'm not sure if your Tweet about the Sheikh getting his cheque-book out is serious, lol?

Chelsea and City both are not interested in passing FFP, been said many a time before. They will do what they can but they if they have to spend money they will do it. Going to be a big legal wrangle, Red Issue who have alot of insiders at both Manchester clubs wrote about it in their last magazine. City have already drawn up legal plans to slow UEFA down in the courts according to people they've spoken to.

Haha of course it wasn't serious.

I think City have to offload in a big way this summer! And I don't mean loans, or letting people go for free like Bellamy. We gotta sell 'em!

Facism

Gold Member
Rumour is Diego Lugano could be coming back to Fenerbahce.

Make it so /picard.

And for fuck's sake tie Yobo up. 2 years loaned out now, guy has helped you win 1 league title and 1 cup. Reward the chap, don't let him waste his remaining years at Leicester City.

Yen

So Dead Space 3 is now official? Cool. About to play the second one for the first time.

If only :( Speaking of DC, when will the freakin' Watchmen become playable characters in a fighter? The characters would fit perfectly in a fighting game!

Somewhere in Northampton, Alan Moore is putting a voodoo curse on Fady.

dc89

Some rumours this morning:

Reports in France claim PSG are hoping to finalise their first big signing of the summer in the shape of Napoli's Ezequiel Lavezzi for €26m.
@SkyGraemeBailey

I can not confirm it officialy, but Edin Džeko is new Bayern Munich player. More to follow tommorow...

@Wanchope_Dickov Dont know. I have just heard a word from Edin's manager, that something is on the way regarding his transfer to Munich

@psy_net - editor in chief of SportSport

Oxx

If all the transfers get sorted out early we will have nothing to talk about for most of the summer.

Apart from football shirts.

bjaelke

Clubs are moving quick this year! Hoping we won't get let behind in the transfer market.

We haven't lost out on any of the players we've been linked with yet(?). I agree that we can't be too passive - but the manager situation was by far the most important thing. In +2 hours we can start to look for new players.

feel

:(

konami has changed. im playing a lot of pes6 these days and its soooo much fun. unlike all the last games :/
I too have been getting back into PES6 lately, so good. And I don't see what's so bad about that PES13 segment, looked ok, it's impossible to determine anything about that game until we get our hands on it.

Mastadon

Banned
We haven't lost out on any of the players we've been linked with yet(?). I agree that we can't be too passive - but the manager situation was by far the most important thing. In +2 hours we can start to look for new players.

Well we've been heavily linked with Gaston Ramirez for ages now, but it looks like City have beaten us to that one. It's just a shame we probably won't be in a position to wrap something up before the Euro's.

Blablurn

I too have been getting back into PES6 lately, so good. And I don't see what's so bad about that PES13 segment, looked ok, it's impossible to determine anything about that game until we get our hands on it.

i hate the fact that they use the konami stadium as their main ground in those trailers :S

elseanio

Is every Liverpool fan here opposed to a groundshare?

I know it's practical for revenue and stuff but I just can't fathom Liverpool leaving Anfield. It's bad enough Arsenal did it but Anfield's probably - along with the Bernabeu and possibly the Nou Camp and Maracana - the most famous stadium in the world.

Yes, groundshare will never happen. Everton were already kicked out of Anfield for being tight.

The numbers fluctuate depending on the source, I've seen a few places say Marin for 6.5 or 7 and Henderson's was 16 rising to 20 depending on certain stipulations.

You're right about the wages, at least in them being a large factor, but if they were enough to get the team into champions league football then it'd be worth it.

Pretty sure it was just £16m. All the £20m reports (Sky etc) were including N'Gog's valuation in the price. When that fell through, we just paid the £16m

GQman2121

Banned

It's best to be a pessimist at this point. That way if the game actually turns out well it will be more impactful. 12' had its moments but still needs a lot of work.

bjaelke

Well we've been heavily linked with Gaston Ramirez for ages now, but it looks like City have beaten us to that one. It's just a shame we probably won't be in a position to wrap something up before the Euro's.

His agent just said that City, Juventus and Wolfsburg had shown an interest. I wouldn't could him as being out of the picture yet.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/153425.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

21zhp.jpg

dc89

Seeing as they are all wearing bikinis it will never be the worst movie. At worst it will be fapping material.

Daily Mail have a pic of Vanessa Hudgens in their article about it and lets just say she may as well not be wearing the bikini top.

bjaelke

Many people asking me about CFC chances of meeting FFP targets after purchases of Hazard and (probably) Hulk, so here’s a few thoughts.

1) CFC 10/11 loss (last year before FFP) was £67m, but that included exceptional items of £42m, so underlying loss was “only” £25m.

2) FFP allows some costs to be excluded (youth, depreciation, community), estimated at £18m, so CFC 10/11 loss was just £7m (in FFP terms).

3) FFP allows total losses of €45m (£36m) for first 2 years (11/12 + 12/13), if benefactor covers losses, so clubs have some leeway.

4) 11/12 CFC revenue boosted by CL win (£12m more prize money + gate receipts + sponsor bonuses), tho partly offset by player/coach bonuses.

5) CFC 11/12 PL revenue was £3m lower (6th place), but more from FA Cup win. Profit on player sales also likely to be lower than 10/11.

6) CFC 11/12 commercial revenue should have increased, not just from main Adidas & Samsung deals, but also secondary sponsors.

7) CFC 11/12 will be hit by pay-off to AVB (£12m?) and higher player amortisation, due to other purchases, e.g. Mata, Lukaku, Meireles, etc.

8) FFP allows exclusion of wages for players signed before June 2010, if break-even deficit only due to this factor, which will help CFC.

9) All in all CFC 11/12 per FFP rules still a loss, but within striking distance of FFP.

10) CFC 12/13 Hazard £32m & Hulk £38m obvs hurt FFP, but if 5 year contracts, annual impact only £12m player amortisation (£70m / 5 years).

11) CFC higher wages also a factor, but offset by departures (Anelka, Drogba, Kalou, Malouda, Boswinga, Ferreira, etc).

12) CL money up 20% in 12-15 cycle. CFC got £49m from CL last season – they (& others) simply cannot afford to miss out on qualification.

13) CFC could still pull a few irons out of the fire, e.g. stadium naming rights (Gazprom Bridge, anyone?).

14) So Hazard & Hulk obviously make it more difficult for CFC to meet FFP (it was already a struggle), but may be closer than most believe.

15) Please note that this is NOT an attempt to forecast next CFC figures, but just some food for thought.
From Swiss Ramble

Will Keane has suffered a cruciate knee injury, same as Vidic, playing for England u-19s. Will be out for 6-9 months. A real shame, gonna set his progress back quite some way, would have been a big year for him, stepping up to PL/Championship level.

kharma45

My friend told me last night at the cinema and I'd totally forgotten, only seeing it tweeted about this morning about Will Keane has suffering a ruptured cruciate ligament & facing 6-9 months on the side lines.

Best case scenario for Will is probably being back playing in Jan/Feb? Essentially a lost season in terms of development.

Edit - Jinx Viva :p

It seems like PSG is willing to offer us 68M for Thiago Silva and Pato. That could be an interesting offer, but I really can't see Thiago playing in France. Pato, on the other hand, should go there.
Just read a rumor, not sure if real: AC Milan interested in Tymoshchuk? that would be sweet if true.
A 33 years old midfielder, huh? Well I guess that rumor can actually become true.

dc89

Will Keane has suffered a cruciate knee injury, same as Vidic, playing for England u-19s. Will be out for 6-9 months. A real shame, gonna set his progress back quite some way, would have been a big year for him, stepping up to PL/Championship level.

Yeah! I saw the injury happen too, went down very awkwardly and you knew it was a bad one right away.

Mastadon

Banned

Never nice to see a promising young player get injured like that. I know you boys rate him highly.

Does anyone know if the Liverpool presser is being streamed anywhere?

Messi

Real Madrid's video showcasing the new kit is pretty good (yes I know its odd for me to be posting about Real, but as a kit lover I have always liked Madrids kits, especially the last 3 years)

I tried on this kit in the store yesterday and it has the typical Adidas feel, like the Spanish kits from the Euros. Its a nice kit but I would never wear it and my love of Barca wont allow me to buy Madrid kits. But anyway I know we have some Madrid fans here, so I hope they enjoy there new kit :)

Real Madrid shirt for 2012/13 season / Nueva camiseta del Real Madrid 2012/13 Trailer

I love kit reveals that involve lots of a club players vs showing them off in a studio coughbarcamanunitedcough. Adidas does a great job releasing kits.

Also Adidas made the green Germany kit so they get a free pass from me for a while. So sexy.

Seems strange, considering I heard "building a new stadium for 15k doesn't make sense" from Henry....maybe developing the main stand gets them to 55 with more to be done later? I don't know.

I like this idea since I have an internal deadline to start living abroad by Euro 2016 and I really don't want Anfield to be demolished

I didn't like the idea of Anfield being demolished either. Even when I move out, I still want to be able to go to a game at Anfield when my wife and I come visit the family.

It'll probably be increased several times. We aren't going to sell out 70k seats.. Not right now anyway.

At first, probably yes. If we're redeveloping we'll have to do it in stages. I'm happy if it means we get to stay at Anfield, I'd kind of accepted that a new stadium was a needed inevitability but I'd much rather we redevelop Anfield if we can.

Well if they will be adding more in stages than that isn't bad idea at all.

Messi

Article about the risks of Abidals liver transplant and about the chance of him playing football again

timthumb.php

FC Barcelona defender Eric Abidal could return to playing football again following his liver transplant, according to surgeon Juan Carlos Garcia-Valdecasas, who carried out the operation on the player in April. Abidal, 32, had surgery to remove a tumour from his liver last year, but after returning to the pitch, he was forced to undergo a transplant on April 10 with part of an organ donated by his cousin.

The surgeon does not “rule out the possibility that Eric will play again for Barcelona. It’s up to him. I wouldn’t stop him. Time will tell, if Eric responds well, there is no reason why he shouldn’t,” Garcia-Valdecasas said during the program ‘Efectivament’ on Catalan television’s TV3. Garcia-Valdecasas’ statements could not be more encouraging. “The liver is an organ that regenerates in three months. Abidal has to recover little by little, but between three and six months, or up to a year after the intervention, the patient is able to have a normal life,” underlined the doctor. Abidal has to be careful in the first three months, looking after himself and being careful about interactions with other people to protect himself from infection.

According to the surgeon, Abidal “is always in high spirits. He is a very positive character, it is tremendous. He has never complained about anything.”

Garcia-Valdecasas, professor of surgery on the Faculty of Medicine at the Universidad de Barcelona, admitted that Abidal’s life was “endangered” and that there was “a risk”. “His only option was a transplant,” he said. The doctor, the first surgeon to perform a liver transplantation with a living donor in Spain in 2000, explained how he discovered Abidal’s disease. “It was detected a year ago, during a routine examination. At that time he underwent comprehensive analysis, ultrasound, MRI, and it was possible to find new liver problems.”

Regarding the operation on April 10th, Garcia-Valdecasas said that it was “very complex because there are two overlapping interventions (donor and receiver), during any operation there is risk, in this case it was small, but still.” He added that Abi ” entered the operating room at 8 am and left at 11:30 that night. The surgical team onvolved consisted of 30 people.”

Garcia-Valdecasas also had words of praise for Gerard, Abidal’s cousin who donated part of his liver, “about 800 grams.” The surgeon said that “being a donor is a significant risk, even higher than for the receiver. In the world many donors have died,” he added.

Garcia-Valdecasas highlighted the high rate of success in such operations. “For every 100 patients, 95 are alive.” The doctor denied that Abidal had preferential treatment over other patients on the waiting list. “It was transplanted earlier than others because they found a donor.”

I really hope to see Abidal back in a Barcelona shirt sometime hopefully next season.

--

Oh and news on Cuenca

FC Barcelona player Isaac Cuenca underwent therapeutic arthroscopy surgery to correct the injury he sustained to the exterior meniscus of his right knee. Doctors Ramon Cugat and Ricard Pruna, in collaboration with Mutua Egarsat, performed surgery this afternoon. According to FC Barcelona’s medical staff, the player will be out of action for three to four months. That means he will miss the chance to play in the Olympic Games in London and also the preseason with FC Barcelona.

I feel bad for the guy, he has a good firest season in the first team and got called up to the Olympic squad then he gets injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom