• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

"Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game. They have won five European Cups and their status is up there with AC Milan, Inter Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich."

Doesn't even mention United. He's already won a place in my heart.

GorillaJu

Also, fadetoblack, I don't think Suarez will be at Liverpool forever, but there's an extremely slim chance that he'll leave this year. He's just getting settled in England and he owes a lot to this club for the way they protected him and defended him during the case with Evra.

Anything can happen, as they say, but we won't be looking to sell him, even if he wanted to go. If we were to sell, it'd need to be at a profit over what we paid. I reckon in the 32m+ category would feel about right. He's better than Cavani, but would probably come cheaper. May be more than Juventus is looking to spend, and that's only in the case that we agreed to sell.

Juve should look for a young talent with a good record, like Schurrle. He's going to be fantastic.

pappe

Also, fadetoblack, I don't think Suarez will be at Liverpool forever, but there's an extremely slim chance that he'll leave this year. He's just getting settled in England and he owes a lot to this club for the way they protected him and defended him during the case with Evra.

Anything can happen, as they say, but we won't be looking to sell him, even if he wanted to go. If we were to sell, it'd need to be at a profit over what we paid. I reckon in the 32m+ category would feel about right. He's better than Cavani, but would probably come cheaper. May be more than Juventus is looking to spend, and that's only in the case that we agreed to sell.

Juve should look for a young talent with a good record, like Schurrle. He's going to be fantastic.

luiz-suarez-liverpool-newcastle-cropped.jpg

GorillaJu

His whole press conference came across really well. I like his attitude, seems very ambitious, serious and and well-spoken. He certainly won't be a media hazard like Kenny was this last year.

Awesome news all round today:

This guy signed a new contract and will stay another year:
http://i.imgur.com/y7vrll.jpg[IMG]

Götze is happy, too. Felipe <3

With Felipe staying, Lasse Sobiech will play for Fürth next season on loan. Very happy to see him get some time in the Bundesliga, he's planned as 3rd CB next season.[/QUOTE]

Good, no more uncertainty about that. But if he doesn't get enough play time he will be gone next season for sure. Still wants to catch that WC14 train (and rightfully so). In 2013 we could theoretically lose both Santana and Subotic (don't think Hummels will go unless Real or Barca want him). Hopefully Sobiech can step up by that time and we can replace Subotic with someone good too.

[quote="Facism, post: 38394171"]Waste of money. Guy's crap against big teams and is a one-trick pony, only ever trying to beat the offside trap in order ot place a shot directly at the keeper.

He's clever with his headers, though.

Frustrating how much time he gets for the national team. Not as frustrating as how forwards like Sercan Yildirim have been wasted over the last years. Turkey is a team of midfielders with no strikers with a killer instinct or ability. Sad state of affairs.[/QUOTE]

I still think playing for Dortmund will squeeze out the best out of him. The question is - is that good enough? lol :(
I'd rather have some young prospect tbh.

elseanio

Haven't lurked thread in a while. Did I miss any big news?

Last one, I swear.

jelavicnike.jpg

anyway, I like it. I don't know whats up with the gold but its about time that all of the symbols share a similiar colour. And yes, I agree, Neville shouldn't be used as a model.

Haven't lurked thread in a while. Did I miss any big news?

1. Hazard and Hulk to destroyed the league next season.
2. United has found their shirt seller replacement from Asia.
3. Hitcher was banned.
4. Wilbury has been exposed. A forensic team is currently searching through his computer.

Roberto Mancini:“We will not buy in attack unless one of our players leave 1st. That said, Arsenal’s Robin Van Persie is world class"

Just a matter of time.

Also,

Headline from Porto's accounts: Dragons still owed €28.6M by Atlético for Falcao. €12.6M is late, €16M still to come. The modern transfer..
Surprising. Would have thought the money they got from Aguero would have gone straight to Porto.

GorillaJu

duncan jenkins &#8207;@duncanjenkinsFC
txiki's surname is impossible to pronounce isnt it so lets all call him hammerstein instead. rodgers & hammerstein #culturebanter #musicals

If you aren't following this guy.. maybe you should be. Fuckin hilarious, not just for Liverpool fans.

He's stepping on toes, for sure, with the established Twitterati. If Begiristain is brought in (the owners seem to be hinting at it), he'll have made Guillem Balague look a right mug.

Oh yeah Kyoufu, according to danish papers you assholes are trying to buy Dame N'Doye from us now that Everton apparently realized they have no money.

Good, no more uncertainty about that. But if he doesn't get enough play time he will be gone next season for sure. Still wants to catch that WC14 train (and rightfully so). In 2013 we could theoretically lose both Santana and Subotic (don't think Hummels will go unless Real or Barca want him). Hopefully Sobiech can step up by that time and we can replace Subotic with someone good too.
Well, if Subotic decides to leave, I can totally see Santana signing a long contract. Why would he leave then? That said, I don't see Subotic leaving us that soon. He's quite happy here and what could help us is that Subotic always had Klopp as coach in his professional career.

I still think playing for Dortmund will squeeze out the best out of him. The question is - is that good enough? lol :(
I'd rather have some young prospect tbh.
I don't see that happening. Schieber will sign for us and that just looks like a way to put pressure on Stuttgart and lower the price.

bjaelke

I reckon I've changed my EURO fantasy team 4 times already. Still unsure about whether I should get Hart or Buffon for the group stage.

Carbonox

Oh yeah Kyoufu, according to danish papers you assholes are trying to buy Dame N'Doye from us now that Everton apparently realized they have no money.

There's no way we're going for a THIRD Senegalese striker. Especially with ACON in January. Fuck that noise. I want Luuk De Jong and no one else.

Won't have 3 when Cisse is sold. But yeah, seems a bit crazy with african cup.

My arse!

I was in Middlesbrough for my brothers birthday last weekend, one of his mates told me If he was Newcastle manager and a offer of 15M came in for Cisse he'd sell. I nearly bottled him there and then just in case he one day did become the manager.

Carbonox

Really? Luuk de Jong is so... unspectacular, from what I've seen. What is it that you like so much about him?

He's young, not that expensive and has potential. He's shown that he's a decent at worst striker and plus he's not African so that's a bonus. :p

Won't have 3 when Ba is sold. But yeah, seems a bit crazy with african cup.

Fixed. Cisse won't be going anywhere so soon. Ba though, most likely will piss off. I blame the whole scenario on some clubs tempting him with a lifetime supply of strawberry syrup.

Hixx

Grant Holt is a well educated man.

grant holt
&#8207;@holty30

I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first. &#8234;#lovedmytime&#8236;

my favourite part is how he retweeted a lad who had just got a new Norwich shirt on with Holt 9 on the back just before he announced he wanted to fuck off.

Blablurn

Cesc Fàbregas Soler &#8207;@cesc4official

From today we are not allowed to use social networks, I wish that the next picture I post will be with the Euro Cup. See you soon!

lol. twitter... serious business!

Blablurn

drudge.gif

BAYERN BOUGHT A NEW PLAYER

weiser_ima_030412.jpg

it's Mitchell Weiser. he played for cologne before. he gets a full first team contract and the number 23. he is 18 years old.

drudge.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom