• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

RAWK mentalists at work on their poems and letters and essays and banners.

I knew there would be an optimism bump, but they're outdoing themselves.

Are they gonna have the face banner first game? I hope they have the face banner. So awesome.

May I ask a question – why is RAWK constantly under discussion here?

Edit: top of the page. You have 49 posts to explain. Go.

I think any football fan forum is laughworthy. Right now Villa sites are enjoying the Norwich forum meltdowns.

RAWK just happens to be a big site for a big club with some amusing fans on them. I think the moderators actually encourage some of the more extreme behaviour.

Meier

Edit: BTW a quick Google search returns all NSFW results.

I think the biggest surprise to me is the number of uncensored cocks/balls and how much pubic hair is on display in the results. Is the ban on that stuff not really followed at all these days?

Soi-Fong

I think the biggest surprise to me is the number of uncensored cocks/balls and how much pubic hair is on display in the results. Is the ban on that stuff not really followed at all these days?

I have no freaking idea. lol Not up to date on Japanese censor laws. haha
Well, anyway, she is attractive and she certainly is a mix which might appeal to Kagawa. lol
I think what I'll be more worried about is the English media having a field day with Kagawa's personal life.

Wilbur

Banned
May I ask a question – why is RAWK constantly under discussion here?

Edit: top of the page. You have 49 posts to explain. Go.

https://twitter.com/#!/RAWK_Meltdown

Favourites include:

Fact was, for us, no one ever smiled quite like Kenneth Matthieson Dalglish.

I wasn't even that upset when my granny died and I cried less.

Henderson - high rated young player on FIFA list,can hit a fly with the ball,great vision,the next Xavi

We looked like Barcelona for the first 60mins against Sunderland on opening day.

put RvP in this season's team (instead of Carroll) and we'd have won the title weeks ago.

Lightning

Banned
Can't wait for the Euros to start so RVP can get to work on bringing the cup to the Netherlands. I really hope he has a great tournament as he deserves something after the great year he has had and if we can sort our form out we can win it! Winning the euros with a RVP goal would be a dream come true for me!

Clegg

Anelka earns something like £300k a week.

I doubt he gives a shit over who he plays with.

Such a massive waste of talent.

He ended up being a good player but he could have been amazing.

The reaction to Torres scoring against Barca on RAWK was amazing.

it was special, check out this nonsense

you know, just watching that Torres goal again at the end there vs. Barca, you have to ask what the hell he was still doing that far up the pitch. he was effectively playing left back, got the ball, tried to take the ball up the pitch, then got tackled and Barca sent it back into the box. But instead of running back to get back into position (LB), he stays upfield. luckily he got the ball but shouldn't he have been running his arse off to get back on defense?

Clegg

sure, because that's whats it all about at the end of the day, money.?

If it wasn't about the money then he wouldn't have moved to China.

It makes sense from his pov.

He's in his 30's and no other big club would have matched the wages he was getting at Chelsea.

He may as well go into semi-retirement and get his ridiculous salary.

oipic

Spent the best part of an eight hour flight devouring everything Brendan Rodgers-like that I could stuff into an iPad - bios, interviews, opinion pieces, tactical analyses etc... the man, and his lot in life is largely all I've thought about for 48 hours (RAWK-style extremism?).

I'm now comfortable that FSG have made a good call. Not the easiest or safest call, but a good long-term one. Now they've got to back him to the hilt. Interesting times!

(Also, not sure if it's out of line to ask, but how does a resident non-entity such as myself get added to the esteemed list of beautiful and articulate Liverpool supporters in the OP?)

Clegg

The smart posters make sure not to have their name on the club list so they can defect to whatever club is doing best at the time.

Right now I'm a Dortmund fan.

And I still don't see why such a fuss is being made over Rodgers.

Good, tactically sound manager. But no experience with managing a club the size of Liverpool.

And welcome to the thread!! Don't worry about Wilbury.

We only let him out for a couple of hours.

GorillaJu

Spent the best part of an eight hour flight devouring everything Brendan Rodgers-like that I could stuff into an iPad - bios, interviews, opinion pieces, tactical analyses etc... the man, and his lot in life is largely all I've thought about for 48 hours (RAWK-style extremism?).

I'm now comfortable that FSG have made a good call. Not the easiest or safest call, but a good long-term one. Now they've got to back him to the hilt. Interesting times!

(Also, not sure if it's out of line to ask, but how does a resident non-entity such as myself get added to the esteemed list of beautiful and articulate Liverpool supporters in the OP?)

Welcome to the ranks

Lunchbox

Banned
He'll be able to get players from Madrid, because of the Jose connection.

rodgers influence is so high in south america and continental europe that Neymar and Mvilla have already rejected real madrid and said they dream of playing along side downing and carroll to fight for the coveted 6th place

if you knew anything about the game you would know this is a new beginning for the club and THIS is their year

elsk

Banned
Why is China taking over football now? They didn't give a fuck about it 6-12 months ago!
Their first division league was full of honduran players, but this season they all got sent home or to second division. What happened over there?

Well it was really fucking corrupt before, but they have always given a shit about football, they have some nice big stadiums and good crowds. They are just terrible at the sport.

When reading Stig Tøftings book he talked about playing in China (early 2000) and how weird it was down there. He was never approached by anyone trying to bribe him but it seems pretty obvious how they could back then, the foreign players like him got a nice pay check but all the chinese team mates were living in the actual stadium in shared rooms earning nothing like him or the others. Only very few of the chinese could speak any English so it was him and a few Brazillian players running around with a bunch of people they didn't understand... At least he got good money out of it.

elsk

Banned
Well it was really fucking corrupt before, but they have always given a shit about football, they have some nice big stadiums and good crowds. They are just terrible at the sport.

When reading Stig Tøftings book he talked about playing in China (early 2000) and how weird it was down there. He was never approached by anyone trying to bribe him but it seems pretty obvious how they could back then, the foreign players like him got a nice pay check but all the chinese team mates were living in the actual stadium in shared rooms earning nothing like him or the others. Only very few of the chinese could speak any English so it was him and a few Brazillian players running around with a bunch of people they didn't understand... At least he got good money out of it.

Yes, a few guys from Honduras moved there to get better money. One of them was top scorer of the league a few times... but something truly changed like one year ago. They fired a lot of honduran players and started buying european old stars like Anelka.

neoanarch

"Rodgers called Steven Gerrard on Thursday to introduce himself to the Liverpool captain, and the midfielder said: "I've been kept in the loop all along by the board and the owners, and he was first-choice. So take no notice of Dave Whelan.""

Amusing. Villa have been telling the press Lambert was their first choice and declined to interview Martinez.

Dave Whelan makes Martinez look foolish. Which is a shame because I actually think Martinez is a decent chap.

The timeline seems to suggest so, but how does Whelan make Martinez look stupid? They were after Martinez and would have had him if he didn't balk at the DoF. They dropped the new scheme and went back to Rodgers. If anything Gerrard is trying to talk up Rodgers. He did the same thing with Hodgson and the England job.

I wanna see all the people asking for Tena's head now.

Money money money money money $$$$

Look in the mirror then, you have slagged him on more than one occasion. He's still terrible.

Wenger does it too:

Wenger - "He (Pienaar) would get into the Arsenal team. I always had an eye on him since he was at Ajax"
WAYNE ROONEY! It's been a while.

Mancini has been talking about RVP alot lately. Should stop, one of the most annoying things a manager can do is talk openly about another clubs players, especially in this type of scenario.

It's clear City want him though and they will probably get him. All part of the plan.

neoanarch

I love that Pachuca and Pumas are doing some serious business. They are going to be a force next year.

Just close that Nery Castillo deal.

neoanarch

wait

what

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...dos-torneos-de-copa-en-la-nueva-liga-mexicana
“Se va a jugar un torneo de Copa tanto en el Apertura como en el Clausura. En el Apertura serán 14 equipos de Primera División y 14 de Ascenso; se jugarán en siete grupos de cuatro equipos (dos de la Primera División y dos de Ascenso). En el torneo de Clausura habrá menos equipos por torneos internacionales, 11 de Primera División y 13 de la Liga de Ascenso

elsk

Banned
Qué vergueo.
También leí que estaban considerando dejar de participar en la Libertadores? no creo que suceda, sería una idiotez.

I'm going to sleep now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom