• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I have like 5 pairs of chinos, fuck the haters. I also have Dylan t shirts, Doors t shirts, Beatles, a Roxy music one... Fuck y'all haterz
cuntrot

GorillaJu

My god those are some beautiful people. I want to go to there.

Not sure if you're joking but there are indeed some incredibly hot girls that show up there. Especially Asians... but I'm 28 now and hanging out with 18 year olds isn't fun anymore. Not sure if it's even open as I haven't been there in 10-ish years.

Moobabe

Do you have a Rihanna one though :p

For the record, I do not.

Those rihanna t shirts can suck a dick - EVERYONE has them where I live.

Not sure if you're joking but there are indeed some incredibly hot girls that show up there. Especially Asians... but I'm 28 now and hanging out with 18 year olds isn't fun anymore. Not sure if it's even open as I haven't been there in 10-ish years.

I'm absolutely not joking - we have nothing like that here. The "hipster" scene isn't very strong in the west midlands at all.

Mastadon

Banned
I have like 5 pairs of chinos, fuck the haters. I also have Dylan t shirts, Doors t shirts, Beatles, a Roxy music one... Fuck y'all haterz
cuntrot

Do you have a James Dean t-shirt though? I'm wearing a pink flaming lips t-shirt. It's awesome.

neoanarch

just some twitter things

kagawa hits work permit issues. He fails the 75% of FIFA sanctioned matches rule. So there might be something to that.

Paul Lambert confirmed as Villa manager.

Rodgers and Lambert should have stuck with their sides. I have a feeling it going to go bad for them.

dc89

no. Same with the people who get Lady Gaga ones - WHY

I also have a Pulp one and a Strokes one (because they used to be cool)

My GF has a Gaga t shirt which she bought when we went to see her, the tickets were a Xmas present I got her.

But she only bought it as a souvenir.

Wilbur

Banned
Do you have a James Dean t-shirt though? I'm wearing a pink flaming lips t-shirt. It's awesome.

Flaming Lips, wonderful. I don't know what t-shirt to get at Reading this year, there isn't a band I absolutely love like the last few years.

Which one is the most sexual?

is there a penis gallery?

My GF has a Gaga t shirt which she bought when we went to see her, the tickets were a Xmas present I got her.

But she only bought it as a souvenir.

That's fine at concerts and gigs when it's specifically them, like you say a souvenir; I got a Jay-Z/Kanye one the other day.

But you don't get it from fucking Topshop...

---------------------------------

Okay so good appointment from Villa. I really like Lambert, thought he should have shared some of Rodger's praise last year.

KAGAWA NOOOO. Surely we can appeal that he's very likely to hit the quota in the next few games because he's a relatively new member of the squad?

Arnie

So DC, it looks like our paths won't cross today. I think I'm going to be going to Bolton vue after the England game, as GAF's very own Smeghead isn't keen on the idea. Would've been crazy to see another Gaffer in the flesh, albeit a bit strange. Just know that you will be a 2 minute car drive from my house when you're there. Less than 1,000 metres away I'm probably typing on GAF. Such an odd thought.

Moobabe

So DC, it looks like our paths won't cross today. I think I'm going to be going to Bolton vue after the England game, as GAF's very own Smeghead isn't keen on the idea. Would've been crazy to see another Gaffer in the flesh, albeit a bit strange. Just know that you will be a 2 minute car drive from my house when you're there. Less than 1,000 metres away I'm probably typing on GAF. Such an odd thought.

We need to organise a footy GAF meet somewhere - we need to decide once and for all who is most handsome
It's Wilbuy :(

Bumhead

Banned
Rodgers and Lambert should have stuck with their sides. I have a feeling it going to go bad for them.

Can't blame Rodgers for going to Liverpool, but from the clubs point of view I think they should have waited to see how Rodgers' second season panned out. People praise teams like Blackpool and Swansea for coming up and "giving it a go", but in my opinion that's the easy thing to do. As a promoted side you always want to see your team go at it instead of shilling away from the challenge, and with some good players promoted teams will always find some success achieving that.

I just can't help feel that if that's the bracket of manager Liverpool were shopping in then Martinez would have been a safer bet. Martinez has proven season after season he delivers to the expectations of his club at Premiership level. We don't know how Rodgers' career would have panned out beyond the euphoria of the first season up. They might have dropped like a stone, a-la Ipswich or Reading.

It's also worth noting that a significant part of the groundwork for Rodgers' Swansea side and the playing philosophy there was put in place by Martinez when he was there. Swansea were a good footballing side before Rodgers.

That said I do think Rodgers' is a very talented young manager and I hope he does well at Liverpool. It's an exciting challenge for him and if Liverpool fans keep their expectations in check and allow him the time to work, I think it'll work out exciting for them in the long term.

Don't understand Lambert's move unless Lerner has promised the funds to build a side there. Villa are a bigger club than Norwich but there's a ton of work to be done there and it'll be interesting to see how that pans out. Wonder if Holt will be his first signing.

dc89

Ahh well. At least that thought will keep me warm in my cinema seat.

DC, throw a rock through his car window with your name engraved into it.

First contact.

That's a bit barbaric!

GorillaJu

Uuugh Flaming Lips are so gooood.

Wilbury you should listen to the Microphones. In particular, the albums The Glow, Pt. 2 and Mt. Eerie. You seem to have decent taste in music, so check it out. It's my very favorite band, but I imagine doesn't get talked about too much over there as he's about as indie as indie gets. He kept making music under the name "Mt. Eerie" (after the album Mt. Eerie), but it's never been as good as the Microphones.

Wilbur

Banned
Uuugh Flaming Lips are so gooood.

Wilbury you should listen to the Microphones. In particular, the albums The Glow, Pt. 2 and Mt. Eerie. You seem to have decent taste in music, so check it out. It's my very favorite band, but I imagine doesn't get talked about too much over there as he's about as indie as indie gets. He kept making music under the name "Mt. Eerie" (after the album Mt. Eerie), but it's never been as good as the Microphones.

I've heard Mt. Eerie and really liked it! So I'll give the Microphones a listen, cheers.

Chances are I've swept that very seating space clean with my own two hands.

I used to work in the Vue at Croydon Purley Way. Didn't like it for the most part; finishing late, copious amounts of sticky shit on seats (and I hadn't even been in there), the same soundtrack when cleaning screens over and over and over and over again, wanker managers...

Wes

venison crêpe
What do you think about the signing wes? Is it gonna be a good marriage? Or should they make an iron clad pre-nup?

Better than McLeish in numerous ways but the two key things are that he has greater tactical nous and will increase season ticket sales rather than make them drop.

It will be interesting to see how much transfer money he is given. The only thing McLeish did well is drop the wage bill which is a legacy of the MON era. Heskey and Cuellar leaving as their contract expired saves 100k per week immediately. I expect Collins, Dunne and Warnock all to be moved on too, saving another 120k.

Most excitingly to me is that Makoun will have a chance to play for the first team again. Houllier brought in Makoun and Bradley - both didn't perform fantastically well during their half a season with us but they were still adapting to the English game. As can be seen by Bradley now, it would have been worth sticking with these players. Makoun and Ireland could be great.

The real test will be how he can motivate the players after a lackluster season and what he does with the young players. Clark, Albrighton, Bannan, Gardner. I expect Clark and Gardner to get bigger roles but Albrighton or Bannan may be moved on - they've got a bit too arrogant and did not make any progress last year.

Hixx

:/ dear. Hope we don't lose him. It's going to be hard to manage Nani, Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa, Welbeck and Hernandez next year.

Like I say, page 18 of Prometheus thread and then to the spoiler thread. We shall answer more questions than the fucking film will.

That DECK'ARD lad is incredibly frustrating. He seems to hate the fact that people enjoyed it and is trying to spread his misery. Enough to make me not post in the threads.

Though I think I should have clicked that the thread wasnt for me when someone said Alien 3 was better than Prometheus. My face hurt from the astonishment.

Wilbur

Banned

okay that was hot. Gonna check them out proper

That DECK'ARD lad is incredibly frustrating. He seems to hate the fact that people enjoyed it and is trying to spread his misery. Enough to make me not post in the threads.

Though I think I should have clicked that the thread wasnt for me when someone said Alien 3 was better than Prometheus. My face hurt from the astonishment.

Yeah, I'm all one for discourse over opinions, but when I said it was better than Aliens someone just said 'no no no no, aliens has inspired lots of films while prometheus hasn't.' All intelligent conversation just goes out the window.

We need to organise a footy GAF meet somewhere - we need to decide once and for all who is most handsome
It's Wilbuy :(

Oh really?:

407484_10150792195143272_690303271_12340352_1718712724_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom