• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Brendan Rodgers is on Talksport at 9:30am this morning!

Nani suggests he could move away from United. Fml. Hopefully just trying to get a better deal for himself but really shitty way to go about it..

He's only doing a Rooney. I said back then before he pulled that stunt that he won't be the only one to do it.

If they're bornprosper, they are great quality. I have bought a lot of shirts from there. Can take some pictures tomorrow if you want?

Please! I am interested too.

https://twitter.com/#!/RAWK_Meltdown

Favourites include:

Fact was, for us, no one ever smiled quite like Kenneth Matthieson Dalglish.

I wasn't even that upset when my granny died and I cried less.

Henderson - high rated young player on FIFA list,can hit a fly with the ball,great vision,the next Xavi

We looked like Barcelona for the first 60mins against Sunderland on opening day.

put RvP in this season's team (instead of Carroll) and we'd have won the title weeks ago.

I love some of this. I've follows it for weeks now and it always makes me laugh.

WAYNE ROONEY! It's been a while.

Mancini has been talking about RVP alot lately. Should stop, one of the most annoying things a manager can do is talk openly about another clubs players, especially in this type of scenario.

It's clear City want him though and they will probably get him. All part of the plan.

Mancini does some dickish things but I think you're right.

It was season ticket renewal deadline day at Arsenal yesterday I think. Funny how this weeks papers have been full of stories of people advising RVP to stay at Arsenal.

---

Happy Birthday to this chap!

746b7012ac8b11e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

Arnie

And himself. He knows he can never jump ship - even a sunken one - to another club. So he needs to fasten his lips simultaneously to the badge and to the arse of any manager they chuck in.

You've come full circle, this is on a RAWK level.

bjaelke

Walked by a kid wearing the new Liverpool kit, and I looked at the back of his kit and he had 'Lucas' on it. I smiled.
Adopt that kid.
Very disappointed in van Marwijk for not finding a way to let the top scorer of Germany and England play at the same time.

He knows you can't do anything against our striker duo: Bendtner (26) & Bendtner (52)

Better just to rest RVP for your second game against Germany.

GorillaJu

The second bit, arguably, but Stevie G's ego was definitely in play.

It smacks of Ince style "I'm kind of a big deal" stuff.

Confirmation bias at work. I read it completely differently.

Anyway, how about Jordy Clasie for Liverpool? Had a good season, and we don't have a deep lying playmaker except for one Charlie Adam. Could use someone with his ability to play beside Lucas.

Arnie

Prometheus is booked. Today - 3pm.

I'm going at 2, I think.

Anyway, how about Jordy Clasie for Liverpool? Had a good season, and we don't have a deep lying playmaker except for one Charlie Adam. Could use someone with his ability to play beside Lucas.
Nah, as Salazar said, Jose will give Brendan some players for experience. We'll have Sahin on a season long loan.

Yen

Never seen Clasie play, but the Internet is calling him "the Dutch Xavi." Sign him up.

On talkshite today, Benny Rodgers was saying that he'll sit down with Aqua and see if he's coming back. Said something along the lines of, "great vision and passing. Some people don't settle so I'll have to have a chat"

Arnie

Never seen Clasie play, but the Internet is calling him "the Dutch Xavi." Sign him up.

On talkshite today, Benny Rodgers was saying that he'll sit down with Aqua and see if he's coming back. Said something along the lines of, "great vision and passing. Some people don't settle so I'll have to have a chat"
Listening now. Here's the link for people who missed it.
Odeon Cinema? Cause I had the choice between 2 or 3.

Yep, Odeon Preston, my old work. It's either that or we'll drive to Bolton Vue, but the timing doesn't work out with the England friendly.

GorillaJu

Kaka might end up back in Brazil. Rumour going around he said he wants to go to his old club Sao Paulo.

He's still doing well at Real. Even playing a bit part for them, they're one of the world's biggest clubs. It's got to be rewarding to be his age and still help them win titles.

Haha just read the posts of you guys watching the Russia - Italy friendly. What are you doing watching Italian national team friendly matches? Do you hate yourself? LOL Those games are worse than our group stage matches.

Yen

Haha just read the posts of you guys watching the Russia - Italy friendly. What are you doing watching Italian national team friendly matches? Do you hate yourself? LOL Those games are worse than our group stage matches.

Worst match I ever saw was Italy vs Northern Ireland, two or three years ago. Both sides brought their third strength teams. Diabolical. Think it was only 3-0 as well.
http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/07/northern-ireland-italy-pisa?cat=football&type=article

Arnie

The Brendan Rodgers media tailed off so I needed something fresh to peak my interest. Spent the morning watching old Swansea performances from Match of the Day.

Rodgers talking about aiming for the title. Talking about his respect for Kenny. Talking about how he's seen a lot of Aquilani and he's a quality player. Jesus, off the football pitch this guy can't put a foot wrong.

Prometheus might be in jeopardy, one of my mates doesn't want to watch it in a small screen.

Worst match I ever saw was Italy vs Northern Ireland, two or three years ago. Both sides brought their third strength teams. Diabolical. Think it was only 3-0 as well.
http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/07/northern-ireland-italy-pisa?cat=football&type=article

Oh god Mauro Esposito, Giuseppe Mascara, and Sergio Pellisier were in the squad. That really is dire.

Edit: Arnie, you ened to watch Prometheus but you do need to watch it on the real thing. Not some dinky small screen.

And I hope you guys keep Aquilani. I think he'll do you a world of good.

dc89

You guys could go out on a man date

Haha maybe! I'm going by myself lol, my GF lives near Preston and she's at work today, but I'm staying with her for a few days so I'll go see the movie whilst she's at work. Don't really know anyone up here, hence going on my jack jones. But I don't care.

Yen

And I hope you guys keep Aquilani. I think he'll do you a world of good.

He seems like the perfect midfielder in Rodgers' midfield.

I wouldn't be certain Adam survives the transfer window. There's no way he can fit in. Sell him to Big Sam. Same applies for Spearing.

Yen

FootballGAF is very "hip" right? Well there's some twats on the Urban Outfitters website. I was buying a band tee and went into the men section and it's filled with androgynous, yet tattooed, men wearing vests, nighties and ironically bad t-shirts. In other words, Arnie.

GorillaJu

Once, I was sitting down for coffee with a cute girl whose art exhibition I had just gone to. She told me about a party on the following weekend, so I asked her if it was a cool place to hang out. She said "I don't want to tell you, because I don't want you bringing in a bunch of hipsters and making it lame."

Low point in my life.

(I was a total scenester for about 5 or 6 years, I will admit)

morsel uses parts of his brain that would otherwise understand football to remember things about fashion.

Better than using it to memorize kpop gif URLs off of paper scraps found in dumpster diving trips to the Korean supermarket.

Arnie

WTF!!! Exactly where I'm going dude!!! Small world I guess.
Holy shit, if I do end up going you can't miss me; I'll be a short lad wearing the free Liverpool t-shirt I got with my new top yesterday. I'm just waiting on a reply from mates seeing if they do want to go.

This is so strange, it's like GAF's pervading my real existence. Next thing I'll be sat next to Kermit on a train, or something.

FootballGAF is very "hip" right? Well there's some twats on the Urban Outfitters website. I was buying a band tee and went into the men section and it's filled with androgynous, yet tattooed, men wearing vests, nighties and ironically bad t-shirts. In other words, Arnie.

I'd never get a tattoo. And band tees are the very definition of 'hip'.

Vests are cool though, weather permitting. I'd never wear one out publicly but when I'm chilling in the garden grabbing some rays I love a good vest. You should see the sunburn on my shoulders, I look like I've been donning a bikini.

Arnie

Oh and in keeping with this strange GAF meetup, if I do go to the cinema it'll be with another member of football GAF, Smeghead, the Juve fan. He's Italian, and a good friend, and ironically the one who's holding everything up by bitching about the screen size.

I'm sure he's reading this.

Wilbur

Banned
Holy shit, if I do end up going you can't miss me; I'll be a short lad wearing the free Liverpool t-shirt I got with my new top yesterday. I'm just waiting on a reply from mates seeing if they do want to go.

This is so strange, it's like GAF's pervading my real existence. Next thing I'll be sat next to Kermit on a train, or something.

I think you'd know it's Kermit when he starts masturbating in your direction and squealing koptimism like there's no tomorrow.

Arnie

I think you'd know it's Kermit when he starts masturbating in your direction and squealing koptimism like there's no tomorrow.

I've got an image of him arguing with everyone in the carriage; psychoanalysing them and calling them 'limp minded, fuckbags'.

Wilbur

Banned
I've got an image of him arguing with everyone in the carriage; psychoanalysing them and calling them 'limp minded, fuckbags'.

Before giving lectures on the strength of the A-League and dismissing Italians as 'masochistic titstains'

Arnie

It's much more tame than basically everything else on there.
You don't wear chinos do you?

I own a pair, but I don't wear them frequently. I wore them to a job interview (which I got), and if there's a particularly 'smart, casual' event. Those naughty shorts are in a chino style, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom