• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Seriously considering spending some money on the new Chelsea home shirt with the European gold star adorned above the badge. It'd be the first time I've bought my own Chelsea shirt. My dad usually gets it for me for my birthday, been a tradition for the last decade.

Can still keep that tradition alive, there are 3 more options for him to choose from; Away, Keeper, Alternate.

Arnie

Seriously considering spending some money on the new Chelsea home shirt with the European gold star adorned above the badge. It'd be the first time I've bought my own Chelsea shirt. My dad usually gets it for me for my birthday, been a tradition for the last decade.

It's a lovely shirt. Have they added a star? That's a nice touch, I've always said Liverpool should put the five stars on the shirt.

Meier

Hah, I have a Manchester City section of my Google news and came across this article.. pretty amusing. Guy bet £400 on Man City to beat Man U and then with the help of the employee made a subsequent bet at the time that if they won, the original bet and proceeds would be put on Man City to win the title. William Hill apparently refused to pay but now they've reversed course.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/jun/01/manchester-city-william-hill?newsfeed=true

jtb

Banned
dunno if this was posted: Brendan Rodgers: My Liverpool terms were full control or nothing

Brendan Rodgers agreed to become Liverpool's manager only after the owners, Fenway Sports Group, shelved plans for a sporting director in Louis van Gaal, with the 39-year-old saying he needs "to be in control of the team".

Asked if he had 100% confidence that Liverpool will only sign players he identifies, Rodgers said: "Yes. It's absolute madness if you are the manager of the club and someone else tells you to have that player. It doesn't work. I've had total clarity with that from the guys so I've got confidence that will remain. It was for this reason that I didn't want to be sat up there, say what I've said and then in three weeks time Louis van Gaal walks in the door."

Rodgers called Steven Gerrard on Thursday to introduce himself to the Liverpool captain, and the midfielder said: "I've been kept in the loop all along by the board and the owners, and he was first-choice. So take no notice of Dave Whelan."

Very smart by Rodgers, and inspired choice from FSG... demands reminiscent of Mourinho, in a good way. And I can always jump on the Whelan hate train.

TrueBlue

Can still keep that tradition alive, there are 3 more options for him to choose from; Away, Keeper, Alternate.

He always gets me the home shirt for my birthday (September) and the away shirt for Christmas. An unwritten rule, if you will.

It's a lovely shirt. Have they added a star? That's a nice touch, I've always said Liverpool should put the five stars on the shirt.

cfc-115526.jpg

I think it's limited to the "UCL Winners Range" in the Megastore, but I'm not too sure. In any case, I'd like that shirt simply because I want a material reminder of the best day of my club's history. Maybe I could bend the rules and get the UCL Winners shirt and get another home shirt for my birthday? :p

elseanio

We had that gold reebok one the year after. Sure that had the stars? Was a lovely kit, got one with Luis Garcia on the back

GQman2121

Banned
I'm definitely getting the home shirt with the champions league champs badge. That's a no brainer.

I'd actually really love to land the Munich final shirt. But its sold out everywhere.

I hope are our away kit is as nice as last seasons.

Yen

Rodgers called Steven Gerrard on Thursday to introduce himself to the Liverpool captain, and the midfielder said: "I've been kept in the loop all along by the board and the owners, and he was first-choice. So take no notice of Dave Whelan."

Ha!

TrueBlue

I'm definitely getting the home shirt with the champions league champs badge. That's a no brainer.

I'd actually really love to land the Munich final shirt. But its sold out everywhere.

I hope are our away kit is as nice as last seasons.

The away kit was that black one with the blue squares, right? Loved that shirt, definitely the best away one in the last five years, possibly even before then.

I think I'll probably go for Luiz/Ramires/Cahill/Torres for my next shirt. I've got: Lampard, Terry, Zola, Essien, Drogba and Mata thus far. Oh, and a Shevchenko one lol

Nani suggests he could move away from United. Fml. Hopefully just trying to get a better deal for himself but really shitty way to go about it..

Wilbur

Banned
Nani suggests he could move away from United. Fml. Hopefully just trying to get a better deal for himself but really shitty way to go about it..

:/ dear. Hope we don't lose him. It's going to be hard to manage Nani, Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa, Welbeck and Hernandez next year.

Prometheus was great but I probably have more questions now than I did before seeing it.

Like I say, page 18 of Prometheus thread and then to the spoiler thread. We shall answer more questions than the fucking film will.

Lightning

Banned
Interesting choice for Liverpool. I don't believe Rodgers will be leading them to the champions league though as he has a lot of work to do at Liverpool and it remains to be seen whether he has the capability to do it.

Disappointed that AVB didn't get the job but oh well...

K1LLER7

I think Hazard was going to be his replacement. If he does leave we'll probably wait for a 25m+ plus bid. We could go for Rodriguez from Porto if he leaves

Pachimari

Have ordered a Real Madrid long sleeved home jersey with my own surname on it with original letters and number - I'm so excited!

Clegg

I wouldn't be getting too worried about Nani right now. It sounds like standard contract negotiation talk to me.

Would be shit if we lost him as he's one of the best in the league. But I don't think there is much to worry about yet.

Can't blame him for wanting an improved deal though. Nani is one of our best players and probably wants a contract that reflects that.

K1LLER7

I wouldn't be getting too worried about Nani right now. It sounds like standard contract negotiation talk to me.

Would be shit if we lost him as he's one of the best in the league. But I don't think there is much to worry about yet.

Can't blame him for wanting an improved deal though. Nani is one of our best players and probably wants a contract that reflects that.
Any ideas on what he's on at the moment?

Wilbur

Banned

Dyer > Nani

Arnie

Disappointed that AVB didn't get the job but oh well...

After all I heard about his personality and character over the last few weeks, combined with how impassioned and personable Rodgers was today, I'm nothing short of relieved we took the time to consider other candidates. Not doubting AVBs tactical know-how, strikes me as a bit of a cunt though.

In other news just saw some dickhead in a cap kick the wing mirror off my car; took immense restraint not to ring for an ambulance, rather than the police. Frustrates me how the handler takes ages collecting menial details and reports before they can dispatch someone. These guys are getting away.

Fry

Can someone fill me in on the transfer rumours/news from the past 36 hours? I've been studying all day, barely got into the computer. The only thing I know is that Vertoghen is basically Spurs new player (?).

Clegg

Dyer > Nani

And Nani>Valencia and any other winger in the league.

He wants a better deal and I can't really blame him for that.

If he's looking for something stupid then I'd sell him but I hope both sides are willing to reach a compromise.

elsk

Banned
Can someone fill me in on the transfer rumours/news from the past 36 hours? I've been studying all day, barely got into the computer. The only thing I know is that Vertoghen is basically Spurs new player (?).

Bayern signed Weiser (Germany's RB in the WC U17).

edit: Guatemala vs. Costa Rica in 15 minutes.

Costa Rica: K.Navas, H.Mora, R.Miller, M.Umaña, Bryan Oviedo, M.Barrantes, J. Cubero, O.Rojas, R.Brennes, E.Scott y Joel Campbell

rodvik

"Rodgers called Steven Gerrard on Thursday to introduce himself to the Liverpool captain, and the midfielder said: "I've been kept in the loop all along by the board and the owners, and he was first-choice. So take no notice of Dave Whelan.""

Amusing. Villa have been telling the press Lambert was their first choice and declined to interview Martinez.

Dave Whelan makes Martinez look foolish. Which is a shame because I actually think Martinez is a decent chap.

Salazar

RAWK mentalists at work on their poems and letters and essays and banners.

I knew there would be an optimism bump, but they're outdoing themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom