• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
been here all the season, was waiting till June 6 to make my post here since its when we ascend to 2nd place on the worlwide FIFA ranking :)
You are starting to sound like an Argentine.
not even watching the game cause I had too much coffee and I get nervous as fuck. Im listening to it in the background.. will watch some of it..
I understand that feeling. I get like that even for Mexico friendlies. :(

edit: sixty thousand people in the stadium!? How much of Uruguay's population is that?

clemenx

Banned
lawl

best anthem

been here all the season, was waiting till June 6 to make my post here since its when we ascend to 2nd place on the worlwide FIFA ranking :)

not even watching the game cause I had too much coffee and I get nervous as fuck. Im listening to it in the background.. will watch some of it..

Lawl, watch it. We've been lucky as fuck these qualifiers, I expect an actual good team like Uruguay to completely dominate us.

Clive Tyldesley has just said Fellaini has "endless legs".

My life would be much better if ITV were never allowed to broadcast a sporting event ever again.

It annoys me that they don't care at all how shit they are. No one ever says anything positive about their coverage, so I don't understand how any of them still have jobs. The only explanation is that they go off of ratings alone and are happy with them. Actually, the other explanation is that they are considered celebrities by ITV.

Salsa

You are starting to sound like an Argentine.

they'd wish
509.png

Lawl, watch it. We've been lucky as fuck these qualifiers, I expect an actual good team like Uruguay to completely dominate us.

Hardly the same team we've been able to easily beat. There's little luck, its a damn good team.

edit: sixty thousand people in the stadium!? How much of Uruguay's population is that?

haha, I was actually going but decided against it.. stadium is full but there's still 3 million people outside in the whole country :p

So, all the other European teams have test matches and train while Löw says "go home, the next few days are free". What the hell, this better goes well, Löw...

danwarb

Another win against a decent enough side. Conceded 0.

Hodgson got Liverpool deep into the Europa League with a series of dull 0-0's and 1-0 wins, and he got Fulham to the final. If England are going to win it, it's going to be like this.

Soi-Fong

lol Damn. ok game. Hazard was pretty much shit. Who surprised me the most was Welbeck and the Ox.

I wouldn't say overrated for Hazard, but he was barely in the game at all.

Clegg

lol Damn. ok game. Hazard was pretty much shit. Who surprised me the most was Welbeck and the Ox.

I wouldn't say overrated for Hazard, but he was barely in the game at all.

You shouldn't read much into an end of season friendly.

Having said that, Dembele played quite well.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ruso Pérez is like Lugano 2.0. That tackle was awful.
If I had to bet id say we're closer to 3.5 now

It's and old people country. Someone dies and someone is born, its pretty weird how we've mantained such a similar number over the years.
May be all those footballer exports.

clemenx

Banned
Damn, Lugano got Lugano'd.

Venezuela is a good team. You crazy.

3 goals scored in 4 games, all in corners or free kicks. We have no game whatsoever. Our defense greatly improved with Amorebieta but that's it. I see no improvements on the attacking side and we aren't going to be lucky forever with corners/free kicks.
Yeah, we won't get dominated because the defense is good but this coach is an stingy fucker. We won't qualify winning 1-0 every game.

One-nil, to the Ingerlund, one-nil.

Thing is, I think they have a much better chance of progressing far in the tournament now than ever before. I won't be watching England, but they may well end up in the Quarters or even Semis playing this way.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
3 goals scored in 4 games, all in corners or free kicks. We have no game whatsoever. Our defense greatly improved with Amorebieta but that's it. I see no improvements on the attacking side and we aren't going to be lucky forever with corners/free kicks.
Yeah, we won't get dominated because the defense is good but this coach is an stingy fucker. We won't qualify winning 1-0 every game.
Spain won a World Cup like that. I wouldn't be so down.

Venezuela reminds me of Mexico in the nineties: great defence but total lack of sharpness in the front. Of course the competition cannot be compared.

K1LLER7

You shouldn't read much into an end of season friendly.

Having said that, Dembele played quite well.

Agree, Dembele was decent too. Rumours going around of United having a deal for dembele accepted. If true, Hope this doesn't mean Nani is on the way out.

clemenx

Banned
Spain won a World Cup like that. I wouldn't be so down.

Venezuela reminds me of Mexico in the nineties: great defence but total lack of sharpness in the front. Of course the competition cannot be compared.

It's possible to win a short tourney like that but Conmebol qualifiers are more akin to a normal longer league. That's why I'm so worried about the team.
But you're right I need to be more positive :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Modric hasn't been playing for Croatia recently. Is he just being rested or something?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I thought he had signaled a penalty. Very close.
It's possible to win a short tourney like that but Conmebol qualifiers are more akin to a normal longer league. That's why I'm so worried about the team.
But you're right I need to be more positive :p
Juventus won their 28th scudetto like that!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He wants to sign for another country.

looool

Seriously though, it's a bit odd. Maybe he has an injury niggle. For their best player not to have been involved in their warm-up games is rather strange.

Clegg

Agree, Dembele was decent too. Rumours going around of United having a deal for dembele accepted. If true, Hope this doesn't mean Nani is on the way out.

Dembele was a forward that has been converted into a CM.

If we sign him it would have no impact on whether Nani stays or leaves.

And his agent has said that there is interest from Chelsea too.

He'll probably be playing for them next season.

Very late, but nonethless:

I really like Lambert at Villa. I think he'll be able to attract some good players and satisfy the fans' need for attractive, positive football.

I'm cautious about Rodgers at Liverpool. I guess you could say there's no where but up to go, yet there are such big problems with the team Dalglish/Commoli left behind.

Rumours that ITV have bid for live Premier League football, 12 game package. I would be amazed if they pulled it off at the expense of ESPN, but if they do, more Tyldesley and Townsend for everyone :D

Nevasleep

Rumours that ITV have bid for live Premier League football, 12 game package. I would be amazed if they pulled it off at the expense of ESPN, but if they do, more Tyldesley and Townsend for everyone :D
That would be pretty awesome. Fuck ESPN and fuck Virgin, all they've done is put the price up for viewers.

ITV has been slightly good recently with football, tennis, and bond films.

K1LLER7

Dembele was a forward that has been converted into a CM.

If we sign him it would have no impact on whether Nani stays or leaves.

And his agent has said that there is interest from Chelsea too.

He'll probably be playing for them next season.

wouldn't be a bad buy for them, but he could find himself on the bench quite often.

PaulLFC

Well, that would be awesome and strange at the same time. No idea how they've managed to afford it if they have bid. I'd be happy though, all this "fair for consumers" crap from the EU did was put the price up for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom