• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Uruguay's XI

----------------Fernando Muslera-----------------------------
Maxi Pereira, Diego Lugano, Diego Godín, Martín Cáceres
-----Diego Pérez, Egidio Arévalo Ríos, Álvaro Pereira------
--------Édinson Cavani, Luis Suárez, Diego Forlán----------

Uruguay trio > Argentina trio

"Just fuckin' launch it!
You've gotta just fuckin' launch it!
Just fucking laaaaaunch it!
You've gotta just fuckin' launch it!"

"England, hoof the ball, England England hoof the ball!"

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
How can Belgium play without a true centre forward? Their shooting has been utter shite. Its all neat and tidy until they reach the penalty area, then they don't know what to do. Nobody is leading the line and giving a structure to the attack.

kharma45

Thought I'd try out England in FM12 and try to win the Euros.

Topped my group beating Bosnia and Portugal and drawing with Spain only to lose to Slovenia 1-0 after John Terry got sent off. Useless man.

iYGSVvQHUOYoP.png

itbA1TFIE35x.png

Wilbur

Banned

elsk

Banned
I'm writing an article but I wanted to make a reference to some team using a 5 players in the back line. Was Wigan using 5-4-1 in the last part of the season ir it was a different formation? Btw, anyone has the link about Wigan "new" formation and success, someone posted a few weeks ago?

It's quite boring, spent most of the time 'on holiday' and just skipping to the matches, nothing to do day-to-day.

Do it part-time while managing your own club. Then it's an entertaining distraction. Can't do it until you're really successful though.

I'm writing an article but I wanted to make a reference to some team using a 5 players in the back line. Was Wigan using 5-4-1 in the last part of the season ir it was a different formation? Btw, anyone has the link about Wigan "new" formation someone posted a few weeks ago?

They were using a 3:6:1 or 3:4:3 formation with Wing-Backs and inverted Wingers. As far as I saw anyway.

mxgt

Banned
Come on Belgium, just fucking score.

We don't deserve to win, this team and performance is just embarrassing.

Bumhead

Banned
Belgium look a handy side but look incredibly short of ideas in the final third.

Hodgson's England is clearly set out to soak up pressure and catch teams on the counter. I'm fine with that. Got to play to your strengths limitations sometimes.

"Yeah we've got shape and are hard to break down. But when we've got the ball we're so rigid, no movement, no passing, no threat."

Chris Waddle and the rest of England finding out what Uncle Roy's really about.

Boring boring England. Boring boring England.

But this is what England fans wanted. They want England to win. England are winning. Yeah it's shite football, but they're winning. Enjoy it, because they'll only win 33% of games.

"Yeah we've got shape and are hard to break down. But when we've got the ball we're so rigid, no movement, no passing, no threat."

England are winning so Roy is certainly doing something right. Who cares for movement, passing and threats? Just score one more goal than your opponent. It's not as if Belgium possession mounted to anything.

Bumhead

Banned

England have got to play like that because unfortunately this team doesn't have any Chris Waddle's in it.

This is an incredibly limited England squad. Roy is playing with what he has at his disposal. To be fair I'm more confident (if not entertained) watching an England side set up like this than trying to pretend we're a decent footballing side.

danwarb

England are not particularly entertaining, but they are solid/frustrating and dangerous enough on the counter. They might do well at the Euro's.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
A striker at last.

England are crap but they know that, that's why they are using these Greece/Chelsea tactics. They get results.

England are winning so Roy is certainly doing something right. Who cares for movement, passing and threats? Just score one more goal than your opponent. It's not as if Belgium possession mounted to anything.

Exactly. I think Roy might be ideal for England, because it's just one off games and tournaments, and he CAN get results like that. Over the long term his tactics get found out and he only ever wins 33-34% of games a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom