• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
Daamn, he sliced through that defense. I don't really mind about this game. Uruguay is far away the best team in this continent.

leadbelly

Banned
I'm starting to wonder if England will ever be able to string more than 3 passes together in a game. We won the match, but England bore me to death. It is a pity that Wilshere never managed to get fit in time for the Euros and Lampard got injured. I also think Aaron Lennon should have been in the squad.

Meier

Cisse missed a penalty apparently for Senegal. It looks like Yaya Toure is still injured and not playing for Ivory Coast (no surprise there).

Rad-

Sneijder still seems amazing. Fergie should sign him up before the Euros, he could come pretty cheap atm.

Yeah I'm restarting the Sneijder to United hype train. Problem?

danwarb

I'm starting to wonder if England will ever be able to string more than 3 passes together in a game. We won the match, but England bore me to death. It is a pity that Wilshere never managed to get fit in time for the Euros and Lampard got injured. I also think Aaron Lennon should have been in the squad.
Wouldn't have made much difference. This is Hodgson's style.

Facism

Gold Member
Turkey fielding nothing close to a first 11. Arda, Topal, Emre and Volkan. Rest could play in the English Championship.

Meier

Sneijder still seems amazing. Fergie should sign him up before the Euros, he could come pretty cheap atm.

Yeah I'm restarting the Sneijder to United hype train. Problem?

City are supposedly interested... lot of smoke about that. Definitely not coming cheap though. 35-40 million being banded about as I recall.

Rad-

City are supposedly interested... lot of smoke about that. Definitely not coming cheap though. 35-40 million being banded about as I recall.

Whaaat? Wasn't he unsettled at Inter not too long ago? Or was that cleared already.

Meier

Whaaat? Wasn't he unsettled at Inter not too long ago? Or was that cleared already.

Did a bit of searching and his reported asking price from Inter is £30m (or about €37m). Seems like way too much money to me given his output but it is what it is.

Facism

Gold Member
Damn that's horrible.

In other news, this Turkey's keeper got an awesome beard.

You think his is awesome? You should of seen Serdar Kesimal before he shaved :D

serdar_kesimal01__TifaKQFZ_.jpg

Dude should be playing in defence for the national team.

Lightning

Banned
First half hour he was good, got into a few good areas. I still think he'd work better as an impact sub though
Yeah he's still very young and needs to develop his game more. He will gain some valuable experience here though and in the tournament if England don't embarrass themselves which will only be good for both him and England going forward.

For this tournament though he's best used as a sub most likely.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
AFELLLLLLLAY AFELLLLLLLLAY <3
God dammit Messi, you're Irish! CONTROL YOURSELF!

Dead Space 3 will have a cover system.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.
Oh well they had to ruin it didn't they?

I did, you can choose though? I'm playing the HD Collection, and I found out recently that these are the Substance versions, which is awesome, but I didn't play it back then. I don't want to play with Raiden. :(
Raiden
>
Snake

Messi

God dammit Messi, you're Irish! CONTROL YOURSELF!

Oh well they had to ruin it didn't they?

Raiden
>
Snake

It's Northern Ireland we don't own them guys :) I am team Afellay not team Netherlands

Also

tumblr_m4recjiJY91qgb6fmo1_500.gif

Snake is king

clemenx

Banned
Fucking Paraguay :( Would have love this as the Copa America final, great game this 2nd half and hope restored in Venezuela even if we don't score.

I think at the moment I'm more of a Poland fan than Germany. Feels strange, man.
Yeah, POLSKA KURVA BRAMKA!
Btw. my Polish-German friend explained to me that they are among the few nations out there who call a goal a gate(way) (BRAMKA) like we do in saying "TOR".
Bro fist to the Poles :D

Salsa

god dammit, we're sloppy as fuck. Venezuela isnt even at their top game and they were dominating this second half..

1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom