• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I dont really care for E3 either. My interests for the year are: Hitman, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 6. The rest comes as a bonus.

Finally got the suppressor for my USP. Raiden isn't that bad after all. It's so good to be playing this game again after years.

Completely forgot about MGS.

I doubt we'll see it this E3 though.

Reveangeance and MGS 5 at the same conference seems unlikely.

kharma45

Back page of tomorrows MoS

tajczr.jpg

Clegg

It's a Bob Cass article.

SAF told him to go fuck himself last summer.

£32m for Modric seems reasonable actually.

£20m each for Baines and Tiote is jokeshop.

I very much doubt the validity of this article.

dc89

And according to The Mirror City are set to kick off their summer activity with a £25m bid for Javi Martinez.

Slizz

I'd love to know the influx in sales at SoccerTriads if any, since it's been mentioned in one of these threads.

Feels like at least 10+ kits have been ordered from GAF members over the last month or so.

dc89

I'd love to know the influx in sales at SoccerTriads if any, since it's been mentioned in one of these threads.

Feels like at least 10+ kits have been ordered from GAF members over the last month or so.

I've got one on the way too.

Who is this bornprosper I hear about?

I've been googling and there are loads of forums posting about soccertriads and bornprosper. I think they're selling hundreds, maybe thousands a month.

It's footballkitstore now. They apparently change their website a lot.

It's a Bob Cass article.

Modric was bought for like £18m-£20m if he's not happy about £32m then he's just being a tight arse.

£20m for Tiote/Baines, clubs don't need to sell so they jack the price up, he says there no value in the transfer market because he looks at "smaller" clubs for a bargain. He's looking in the wrong place.

dc89

I've been googling and there are loads of forums posting about soccertriads and bornprosper. I think they're selling hundreds, maybe thousands a month.

It's footballkitstore now. They apparently change their website a lot.

Just checked them out. Only thing I'd ask about that site is the shirt printing. Cause there isn't a drop down menu to select players, so I'd be nervous about say getting a shirt and the printing isn't actually how it should be, like a different font or something.

kharma45

It's a Bob Cass article.

Yeah it's too much, but what would be a fair price for them? and then ramp that price up as they're pretty important players to their team, I could see both asking for £20m for them easily, not that I think they're worth it myself but they're very important to their respective clubs.

Slizz

Tell me about it, I ordered 3 last Sunday. Shipped out Tuesday. Fucking clearance kits are getting updated almost daily with last seasons kits. Got the Werder Bremen kit for 10$.

elseanio

So I just bought a Atletico Madrid shirt and the Argentina WC2010 shirt.

How come I only have football shirts with vertical stripes?

Sorry I ain't posted the pictures up. Not been home yet, will try do it tomorrow. Hopefully yours should come soon enough anyway, you won't be disappointed

pulga

Banned
I think we must be the only country in the world with an unemployed STARTING striker. Worst thing is, he scored a goal so everyone will keep overlooking this. There should be a rule in place: no club = no national team.

Oh well, Honduras wins by 2.
Edit: GOAL! 3-0

Clegg

So Dembele and Tiote are out of the picture for United.

Modric is a no go too.

Roll on the Kevin Strootman hype!!!

Feorax

http://www.mirror.co.uk/article?id=860774/

Brendan Rodgers is set to break Swansea hearts again by making Gylfi Sigurdsson his first Liverpool signing.

When the Ulsterman quit last Thursday to take up the dream offer of a three-year contract at Anfield, he assured Swans’ chairman Huw Jenkins that he had no plans to asset-strip his former team.

But the 12-month agreement which prevents Kop boss Rodgers from signing Swansea players does not cover Sigurdsson, the Icelandic international who spent the final four months of the season on-loan from German club Hoffenheim.

And Rodgers made it clear that he is ready to pounce – even though Swansea believed they had a £6.8million agreement in place to sign the 22-year-old permanently.

He said: “When I had a chat with Huw Jenkins the other day, after I told him I was going to Liverpool, I gave him assurances that I wouldn’t be going back for any ­players. My word still stands on that. But Gylfi came to Swansea because I was the manager there.

“I actually pushed Swansea towards making an agreement with Gylfi – and they eventually did that in terms of the fee and then the salary. But ultimately it’s now down to Gylfi.

“I have told Huw that if I speak to the kid, I will make sure he definitely goes down to Swansea and speaks to the new manager, whoever that is.

“But if Gylfi is not comfortable with that and he comes back on to the market then I have to be interested.”

Rodgers has promised that the men already at Anfield will be given the opportunity to prove themselves – including Joe Cole.

He added: “I’ll take time to assess all the players – including Joe Cole.

“Joe is a multi-talented player and a good guy as well.

“I know him from my time at Chelsea.

“It hasn’t worked for him at Liverpool, but he has gone over to Lille and done reasonably well.”

Sounds like it's all up to Gylfi.

Just checked them out. Only thing I'd ask about that site is the shirt printing. Cause there isn't a drop down menu to select players, so I'd be nervous about say getting a shirt and the printing isn't actually how it should be, like a different font or something.
I felt the same way. But it looks pretty legit if you ask me. Here's a pic of a Italy jersey from that site.

Sorry I ain't posted the pictures up. Not been home yet, will try do it tomorrow. Hopefully yours should come soon enough anyway, you won't be disappointed
Don't stress it, take your time. But yeah, I hope the quality is good but I'm even more worried about the fit. Shirts don't really like my tall, slender build but relatively wide shoulders.

Slizz

I felt the same way. But it looks pretty legit if you ask me. Here's a pic of a Italy jersey from that site.

Don't stress it, take your time. But yeah, I hope the quality is good but I'm even more worried about the fit. Shirts don't really like my tall, slender build but relatively wide shoulders.

Damn, that Italy kit looks pretty good, no spelling errors, at least to my knowledge =P

K1LLER7

So Dembele and Tiote are out of the picture for United.

Modric is a no go too.

Roll on the Kevin Strootman hype!!!
We must have offered Lille 10m + Bebe, for Hazard. How could they refuse :)

Now Dortmund will ask for 20m for Kagawa and SAF will continue his "no value in the market" tradition.

elsk

Banned
I think we must be the only country in the world with an unemployed STARTING striker. Worst thing is, he scored a goal so everyone will keep overlooking this. There should be a rule in place: no club = no national team.

Oh well, Honduras wins by 2.
Edit: GOAL! 3-0

Costly is seriously overrated. Third goal was very nice, Boniek with dat pass and Lallín with that definition!

elseanio

I got Iniesta wrong on my barca shirt :( Went for just INIESTA, but seems he always has A. INIESTA. Not too arsed for the tenner it cost :p

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
awesome counterattack, that.

liking what I'm seeing of this argentina side in this match.

Messi

Last one, I swear.

jelavicnike.jpg

anyway, I like it. I don't know whats up with the gold but its about time that all of the symbols share a similiar colour. And yes, I agree, Neville shouldn't be used as a model. Also, Fellani and Baines is not modelling. Scary signs!

Fry

Last one, I swear.

jelavicnike.jpg

anyway, I like it. I don't know whats up with the gold but its about time that all of the symbols share a similiar colour. And yes, I agree, Neville shouldn't be used as a model. Also, Fellani and Baines is not modelling. Scary signs!

This stopped being funny last page.

You got me really confused for a moment. Quoting your post, seeing a completely different post, going back to this page and seeing your original post and quoting again. Went on for like a minute. Guess it's time to go to bed now.
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom