• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubo

Oui.

This gives me the same feeling I get when I watch Messi and Ronnie reels.

http://vimeo.com/43044223
I'd never seen this before, so thanks for this :)

Thought I should ask if you've heard of Rodney Mullen? I haven't followed skateboarding in probably almost 10 years but that guy was my hero. Definitely give him a watch since he invented lots of the tricks Killian Martin does.

This is probably a good start point.

Clegg

It looks like Sega is going down the tubes and they'll be focusing on iOS games from now on.

The problem is that Football Manager is under the Sega wing.

Whats going to happen there?

Stubo

Yar. I bow to Mullen, but can't deny Martin's style. And the photography is sex.
Oh yeah of course, very skilled and smooth guy. Definitely someone worth keeping an eye on, can see him inventing some new madness.

On the topic of football, was only half paying attention to the game yesterday since I was catching up with uni friends, did catch the goal though. The stats from the game don't look overly promising. 1 shot on target? Doomed for Euros total (half serious...)

So Viviano leaving Palermo. Good. He was pretty fantastic but unbearable in the press, constantly talking about returning to Inter, just fuck off then, apparently Inter are giving 6 mil to get the 50% back of him. Ujkani will get the chance instead.

SohyD.jpg

YEAH THAT'S MATS FUCKING HUMMELS SIGNING A NEW CONTRACT :D

UNTIL 2017 :D :D

FUCK YOU LÖW

"When the club approached me and asked if I wanted to sign a new contract, it's was instantly clear for me that I further want to take part in this team which is so successful and makes so much fun."

Mats Hummels, BVB CB and football god <3

It looks like Sega is going down the tubes and they'll be focusing on iOS games from now on.

The problem is that Football Manager is under the Sega wing.

Whats going to happen there?

I assume nothing. It would be downright retarded to shut down a cash cow like FM has been for Sega.

SIgames has always been pretty independent (also at Eidos), surely Sega will just let them continue without interfering.

Yeah listening to their podcasts Miles Jacobsen often mentioned how they, while being owned by Sega, pretty much just do their thing and are allowed to do it because Sega makes money of it each year. As far as that rumor goes it doesn't exactly exclude that something like that could keep on going.

Manager

Yeah listening to their podcasts Miles Jacobsen often mentioned how they, while being owned by Sega, pretty much just do their thing and are allowed to do it because Sega makes money of it each year. As far as that rumor goes it doesn't exactly exclude that something like that could keep on going.

I've interviewed Miles a couple times, seems like it was like that at both Eidos and Sega. Why ruin something that works.

I bet most of the Sega board don't understand how FM is so huge, probably hard if you don't like management and football.

Manager

All depends on if any of the strikers leave I guess.

I think Dzeko will go :(:(

Dzeko is the one I'm least fond of between the four. He seemed to lack interest during big parts of the season. I don't think City can afford such a confidence player either, specially as Mario will just get better and better.

Whoever gets him should be very happy though, and I'll always remember him for the last goal.

Good win for the Samurai Blue, against a pretty weak opponent though. Honda looked sharp enough, hope he's over his injury now. CSKA don't play him much anymore, really hope he'll join the PL this summer. Surprised no big team ever made a move for him, he's good enough for that level.

FootballFan

Good win for the Samurai Blue, against a pretty weak opponent though. Honda looked sharp enough, hope he's over his injury now. CSKA don't play him much anymore, really hope he'll join the PL this summer. Surprised no big team ever made a move for him, he's good enough for that level.

Yeah I was always confused why no-one makes a move for him, maybe someone that watches more Honda games knows why but he has looked impressive most times I've seen him play.
I am looking forward to seeing more of that Dzagoev fella from CSKA at the Euros. Saw highlights on tv of Russias qualifying campaign. He was awesome, looks like a real promising player.

Arnie

The Sunday Times are running with the story that we're after Glyfi, should he not be comfortable with going to a Rodgerless Swansea. I'd love him at Liverpool, he's quick, has a great touch, has a good vision and knows how to penetrate defences. He's exactly what we were missing last season. He's actually not too dissimilar to Aquilani in that respect.

Oh and Yurt, are Italy playing with a 3-5-2 now? Even though they said they wouldn't.

Clegg

Sunday Times is behind a paywall, Arnie.

Most won't be able to see the story.

Anyway Sigurdsson to Liverpool seems like it would be a decent move for both parties.

It completely screws over Swansea though.

Arnie

Sunday Times is behind a paywall, Arnie.

Most won't be able to see the story.

Anyway Sigurdsson to Liverpool seems like it would be a decent move for both parties.

It completely screws over Swansea though.

Sorry, should have clarified, the paywall is down this weekend for the jubilee. You have to register but it doesn't cost, and it's worth it for some quality writing. In fact, the 30 day trial for the mobile app and the current exposure I've had this weekend is almost convincing me to subscribe. Not to mention they've got some quality journalists relating to Liverpool in Barrett, Evans and Smith.

PaulLFC

I hope if that Sega rumour is true, they either let FM continue as is, or sell it to another publisher who will keep publishing it. Making it iOS only would be silly. The iOS version is good, but it's not as good as the real FM.

Wonder what would happen to Total War as well?

PaulLFC

Sorry, should have clarified, the paywall is down this weekend for the jubilee. You have to register but it doesn't cost, and it's worth it for some quality writing. In fact, the 30 day trial for the mobile app and the current exposure I've had this weekend is almost convincing me to subscribe. Not to mention they've got some quality journalists relating to Liverpool in Barrett, Evans and Smith.
Doesn't seem to work properly at the moment. I registered, got told I had access to the iPad app, downloaded it and logged in, then got told "Your subscription is not valid" and it wanted me to spend £2.50 on one issue... good start. I'd think considering they want people to subscribe it'll be handled better than that.

Edit: Oops, double post. FootyGAF usually moves too fast for that to happen.

Yeah I was always confused why no-one makes a move for him, maybe someone that watches more Honda games knows why but he has looked impressive most times I've seen him play.
I am looking forward to seeing more of that Dzagoev fella from CSKA at the Euros. Saw highlights on tv of Russias qualifying campaign. He was awesome, looks like a real promising player.

CSKA always asked for silly money for him. They pay him big wages. He's been injured a lot recently. That's basically why to my knowledge. Would like him at LFC but not sure if he'll be in the mood to press high and hard like Rodgers wants.

In other LFC news:

Dirk Kuyt will move to Fenerbahçe, signed a contract today for three years, after the Euros according to De Telegraaf.

Guy's a FourFourTwo Journo. Swans fans are saying Sigurdsson shouldn't go because he'll be in direct competition with Gerrard. They don't seem to understand that Gerrard's basically being held together with masking tape and fans prayers these days. Sigurdsson and Aquilani will get game time at Liverpool next season.

Hixx

I hope if that Sega rumour is true, they either let FM continue as is, or sell it to another publisher who will keep publishing it. Making it iOS only would be silly. The iOS version is good, but it's not as good as the real FM.

Games like FM and Total War are the reason why the rumour sounds like absolute horseshite. I'd wager their western IPs do better than the Binary Domains and the Platinum Games releases, even if I personally enjoyed them.

Yen

Guys, does anyone use their 360 controller on their pc? How? Trying to play the Humble Bundle games on a laptop ain't easy. PS, LIMBO is awesome and brutal.

Well their community manager is mocking GAF and the rumor on twitter now, so doubt it's true. But even if it was yeah, wouldn't make any sense at all. But I doubt FM is considered AAA as the rumor says, pretty sure SI isn't a huge developer.

elseanio

I've got The Times app as part of my Orange contract (panther?) Would probably subscribe if I ever lose it for free, got too used to reading it now

Arnie

In other LFC news:

Guy's a FourFourTwo Journo. Swans fans are saying Sigurdsson shouldn't go because he'll be in direct competition with Gerrard. They don't seem to understand that Gerrard's basically being held together with masking tape and fans prayers these days. Sigurdsson and Aquilani will get game time at Liverpool next season.

Was inevitable really. As much as I'll always love Dirk, his time has come to move on.

Slizz

Guys, does anyone use their 360 controller on their pc? How? Trying to play the Humble Bundle games on a laptop ain't easy. PS, LIMBO is awesome and brutal.

If you have a wired controller, I'm pretty sure it's plug and play. Maybe some drivers or something.

If it's wireless you need an adapter thingy:

CA5D2043123D2A0B7227D6CE31C1A2AAEF78C196_small.jpg

Yen

If you have a wired controller, I'm pretty sure it's plug and play. Maybe some drivers or something.

If it's wireless you need an adapter thingy:

CA5D2043123D2A0B7227D6CE31C1A2AAEF78C196_small.jpg

I have both. DL'd a driver yesterday, it didn't. Redownloaded the same drivers today, it did! Problem solved.

PaulLFC

Well their community manager is mocking GAF and the rumor on twitter now, so doubt it's true. But even if it was yeah, wouldn't make any sense at all. But I doubt FM is considered AAA as the rumor says, pretty sure SI isn't a huge developer.
Do you have a link to the Twitter?

I would say FM is AAA, at least here anyway. In countries where football isn't as popular it probably wouldn't be considered as such though.

Slizz

I have both. DL'd a driver yesterday, it didn't. Redownloaded the same drivers today, it did! Problem solved.

Yea for some reason when I first plug things into my computer the initial driver installation gets interrupted somehow and I have to re-install.

CSKA always asked for silly money for him. They pay him big wages. He's been injured a lot recently. That's basically why to my knowledge. Would like him at LFC but not sure if he'll be in the mood to press high and hard like Rodgers wants.

Yeah start of last season he had surgery on his knee, came back and still had problems then eventually when he got over it, he suffered a hip injury. Pretty unlucky. Would love to see him at Liverpool, think he would become a starter in the midfield, probably in the deeper role he's been used at CSKA. His contract must be expiring soon, they might try to cash in. Remember his time at VVV Venlo, he looked very special already.

Sigurdsson joining LFC would be a great signing of course, him and Dempsey looked like the most realistic "great deals" Liverpool could snap from smaller PL clubs and he's better value for money since he's much younger. He'd easily be a starter in the central midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom