• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaOwner

Isn't it about the same? Obviously depending on where in China and where in the US the clubs that wants him are located, but the nearest borders are about the same (and Shanghai with Anelka is at the border not facing towards Africa).

Yeah but I'm not entirely sure where exactly in China he's going as well. But Im sure he's still have a good 3 to four years left in him at top level. It will make more sense to if he was closer to home so can keep track of all his charity works back home.

GQman2121

Banned
Oh man I'm jealous. I can't believe I only saw it for the first time last year, since then I've watched it literally about 17 times :lol

Probably my favourite film! Have a good one.

It was $5 on PSN to own, so I bought it last week and watched in bed on my Vita. It and Die Hard are my favorite movies.

Wilbur

Banned
Forgot to say my United shirt came from Soccer Triads as well. The Aon feels weird and the badge looks great but I can't remember if the details on it are suppose to protrude or not... good quality though.

Shame it's a fucking tablecloth.

GQman2121

Banned
Yeah it wasn't great, but I got offered a ticket for 30 quid so I thought it was worth it.

Kanye is awesome live. I saw him a few years ago and it was amazing. There was a lights show and he brought out a spaceship at one point. You'll have a blast - I guarantee it.

dc89

Forgot to say my United shirt came from Soccer Triads as well. The Aon feels weird and the badge looks great but I can't remember if the details on it are suppose to protrude or not... good quality though.

Shame it's a fucking tablecloth.

Put some pics up for United GAF.

and for everyone else to laugh at

dc89

Kanye is awesome live. I saw him a few years ago and it was amazing. There was a lights show and he brought out a spaceship at one point. You'll have a blast - I guarantee it.

I went to the same tour. I went to the date at the Manchester Evening News arena. It was really, really good.

I have, and I think I may still have an extra beta to gift.

Though I haven't played it since the second to last update as it was crashing a lot for me.
Just realised I had an extra copy after gifting my invite. Not a huge CS fan but I might give it a go sometime. But I have no friends to play it with.

Meier

Watch the Throne was rancid shite.

Fuck off. Easily one of the AOTY contenders from last year. I've seen Kanye 3 times now and the dude is just amazing.. never been a huge fan of Jay's solo stuff but the guy is an entertainer. The gig will be incredible.

I was blown away when I saw they were doing like 5 nights at the O2.. that's amazing. They played about 3 hours from me (Dallas, Houston) two nights in a row but it was midweek and just too damn expensive to warrant the trip. :(

Oh man I'm jealous. I can't believe I only saw it for the first time last year, since then I've watched it literally about 17 times :lol

Probably my favourite film! Have a good one.

It is defo in my top 10! Amazing. How did you only see it last year?! :lol

It was $5 on PSN to own, so I bought it last week and watched in bed on my Vita. It and Die Hard are my favorite movies.

Die Hard is probably the greatest action film ever.

Clegg

Fuck off. Easily one of the AOTY contenders from last year.

I was blown away when I saw they were doing like 5 nights at the O2.. that's amazing. They played about 3 hours from me (Dallas, Houston) two nights in a row but it was midweek and just too damn expensive to warrant the trip. :(

Can't agree. It had 2 immense talents but both were coasting throughout the entire thing. It was like they just expected magic to happen without having to put any effort in.

Niggaz in Paris is the best song and it wouldn't be in the top 10 songs from either artists own canon.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't agree. It had 2 immense talents but both were coasting throughout the entire thing. It was like they just expected magic to happen without having to put any effort in.

Niggaz in Paris is the best song and it wouldn't be in the top 10 songs from either artists own canon.

Completely agree. Kanye is incredible by himself, so is Jay Z. But for 30 quid I'm seeing both and even if the music isn't great it should be a good show.

Will take pictures of the United shirt now.

Clegg

Completely agree. Kanye is incredible by himself, so is Jay Z. But for 30 quid I'm seeing both and even if the music isn't great it should be a good show.

Will take pictures of the United shirt now.

I'd go just to see Kanye and Jay Z perform. They are complete showmen and brilliant entertainers.

I have no idea, I was a late comer to Tarantino. I remember as a kid seeing the cover of the VHS version my Dad had but my Mum always told him I wasn't allowed to watch it until I was older haha!

Haha my dad let me and Wilbz watch anything really.. My mum kinda objected to it but he didn't really care :lol

Stubo

Awaiting pictures of the tablecloth, at the same time I don't want to see...

Not even sure if I'd go for a homecloth or awaycloth this year.

Keep preachin'.

Alot of my friends went last night Wilbury. Was amazing by all accounts. Rihanna turned up and Niggaz in Paris closed the show out, played 5x.

Wilbur

Banned
blink-182>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Me and my girlfriend have tickets to see them from last years tour (Xmas gift from her sisters, I hate them but she loves them) but since it got rescheduled she can't go. So we're selling them but I haven't got round to advertising them yet.

immy

Banned
Me and my girlfriend have tickets to see them from last years tour (Xmas gift from her sisters, I hate them but she loves them) but since it got rescheduled she can't go. So we're selling them but I haven't got round to advertising them yet.

Are they London tickets?

Justin Beiber >>>>>>Jesus >>>>>>> Moses >>>> David Beckham >>>>> Blink 182

Do you actually like justin beiber?

You guys are really going to have an awful transfer season. It reminds me of Inter's last year. You'll splash on a big name (Montolivilol is your Forlan) and then a bunch of utterly average purchases. I'm not sure what Milan is doing. Are you just trying to consolidate? Wouldn't it have been better to keep a couple of the old guard around at that point? Surely Nesta on his worst day is better than Yepes on his best...
It's pretty much what happened last season, and in 2009, 2008 and so on. The only difference was keeping THE ENTIRE old guard around, forcing every single manager to use old (and easily tired) players. This year we'll see Montolivo (which I refuse to consider our Forlan. At least Forlan had an amazing career, except last year), Traorè and Acerbi for sure, and maybe a 10-15M player. Or maybe a couple of not-so-great players, like Mudingayi and Ogbonna for 5M each plus Thiago Silva sold so Galliani can fix our balance.

This happens when your team has an incredible debt (-60M for the last two years, last time we had an acceptable balance was in 2006, +2.5M) and the president, who is one of the wealthiest guy in the entire country, says that he doesn't want to spend anything else on his team (yet, he wants to buy Cristiano Ronaldo), because he already spent enough in the past 26 years (one billion, according to him). The logical conclusion would be letting more money on our bank account by asking other investors to spend money on Milan. Arabs, Chinese, Americans, Russians or whatever, just let somebody else in so we can think about winning a CL in the next 5-10 years. This, as I said, would be the logical conclusion, so I don't expect Berlusconi to do anything close to that in the next years.

Yepes, except for the Tottenham match at San Siro, has always been an incredible defender for us, when we won the Scudetto last year having Nesta or him wasn't so different, they played at basically the same level. But, a part from that, I wouldn't consider him for our default starting formation, he'd be perfect as substitute for either Thiago or Mexes.
Also, no worries. You might actually get Sneijder after all. Inter have purchased the one, the only, the Serie A legend, Palacio! Scudetto contenders, for sure. If there's one thing Juventini and Milanistas can agree upon is just how absolute shit Inter is.
#gamechanger

But yeah, they're shit.

Thiago's agent: "he wants to stay at Milan, we haven't spoken with Manchester City or Barcelona. Everything that was written on the newspaper isn't true, it was just a filler for slow days."
I wonder what will happen if (when?) they'll speak with both of them, City in particular.

Mancini: "Galliani phoned me a few days ago, we didn't speak about any player of either Milan or City. Milan won't sell anyone."

53Lgm.jpg

Müller out, unleash the GÖTZIL, Löw.

Just let them play together. It'd be incredible.

It's all set-up for Solskjaer to take Villa into the CL.

I like you.

Off to see Pulp Fiction tonight on the big screen! Tasty beverages galore!

My girlfriend's a vegetarian, which pretty much means I'm a vegetarian.

I thought it was classy. She is American, met her over here. As you can tell she has a quick wit :)

p.s. me too , fingers crossed we dont balls this up

I don't know if we can short of not giving him an offer.

immy

Banned
I don't. But between that and blink 182... Would be a hard choice. Well at least I remember some half funny Blink 182 videos.

I think blink are a great band, problem is people normally have only seen the wacky videos from the often poor singles. The albums are all incredibly consistent, love everyone (apart from maybe the new one).

Wilbur

Banned
I think blink are a great band, problem is people normally have only seen the wacky videos from the often poor singles. The albums are all incredibly consistent, love everyone (apart from maybe the new one).

I like the one about blowjobs from your mum. That's it.

Gf loves them though so I was willing to sit through it, she sat through Dylan for me haha.

I like the one about blowjobs from your mum. That's it.

With your latest posts in mind over the last few weeks, I think you got some problems tp work out with your mom, Wilbury.

Oh I have listened to albums. Someone I knew was obsessed with them and it drove me to hate them. :p

Blink-182 is the entire reason I am into music at all. What's My Age Again? changed me back when I was 12.

EDIT: Oh, and I agree with immy about the singles usually being some of the weaker songs from their albums.

Oxx

I saw Kanye at a festival. But he had lost his voice, so he auto-tuned the entire performance.

And then I tried to stay awake all night.

Clegg

Not consistently good as his first albums *, then I'd agree. Relapse was mostly garbage, but it had a some classic songs.

The most recent one is solid IMO.

His first 2 albums were brilliant. Then he released the Eminem Show which had more "comedy" songs. I enjoyed it but not as much as I did his first 2 records.

Encore was just pure garbage and Relapse wasn't that much better.

Recovery is decent enough though. He's 40 now. Probably doesn't have the same moyivation anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom