• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

immy

Banned
I like the one about blowjobs from your mum. That's it.

Gf loves them though so I was willing to sit through it, she sat through Dylan for me haha.

Fair, if your not into pop punk it may be tough, Tom's voice is terrible now.

Make sure you get there on time though, FYS are a supporting and they're one of the best pop-punk bands out now

Wilbur

Banned
With your latest posts in mind over the last few weeks, I think you got some problems tp work out with your mom, Wilbury.

82502_o.gif

His first 2 albums were brilliant. Then he released the Eminem Show which had more "comedy" songs. I enjoyed it but not as much as I did his first 2 records.

Encore was just pure garbage and Relapse wasn't that much better.

Recovery is decent enough though. He's 40 now. Probably doesn't have the same moyivation anymore.

Completely completely agreed. I used to love Eminem.

I also used to love 50 Cent's first album. 21 Questions was an absolute tune.

Arnie

Blink 182 are class.

Not anymore though. Saw them at Leeds a couple years back and they were shite. Won't taint my memories of them as a kid though.

Wilbur

Banned
Fair, if your not into pop punk it may be tough, Tom's voice is terrible now.

Make sure you get there on time though, FYS are a supporting and they're one of the best pop-punk bands out now

I'm not going haha! I'm selling the tickets!

Sent a few but two of them aren't working. The writing bit inside the shirt and the whole shirt aren't coming up when I send them from my phone, but hey ho. Fuck you Jeff, look upon my festival bands ye mighty and despair

Atg3b0MCIAEwHaJ.jpg

Atg3ecRCAAMR3Vq.jpg

Fry

His first 2 albums were brilliant. Then he released the Eminem Show which had more "comedy" songs. I enjoyed it but not as much as I did his first 2 records.

Encore was just pure garbage and Relapse wasn't that much better.

Recovery is decent enough though. He's 40 now. Probably doesn't have the same moyivation anymore.

It's that I love Eminem so much, only few of his songs will sound shit for me. I like most of them, and I never get tired of it.

I hope he comes back with a bang, when everyone expected him to lay off for a while. He's the most awesome rapper the world has seen.

fuenf

But if we sell gomez for 30m...

They never should've extended both Robben's and Gomez' contracts. I think Robben's extension was a last ditch effort to calm things down before the CL finale.

I still believe that they should try to ditch Robben, buy a "10" and use Müller / Shaq on the right. Both Gomez and Robben have their faults, and yeah Robben sure is the better footballer but Gomez just screams FC BAYERN MÜNCHEN.

A new coach / playstyle could solve all of these problems, tho.

Wilbur

Banned
http://katecohensoccer.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/why-andre-villas-boas-will-be-a-success-at-liverpool%E2%80%8F/

Interesting read on why AVB failed at Chelsea, but could be a success at Liverpool.

Thought this was really good, cheers for that. I think AVB would be a great appointment providing he's learnt from mistakes at Chelsea. Gerrard and Carragher aren't as big cunts in playing time regard as Lampard and Terry either.

Blog makes a good point about Sturridge, the full backs and Romeu

@ManUtdStuff: Hazard's agent: "We have received the propositions of all interested clubs, Eden isn't negotiating anymore because everything is now clear."

@ManUtdStuff: Hazard's agent: "He just wants a little bit more time to make his choice. There will be no try to get higher bids." #MUFC #MCFC #CFC

@ManUtdStuff: Hazard's agent: "Eden will make up his mind after Belgium's matches vs Montenegro & England, then he'll go on vacation with an eased mind."

England play Belgium soon? Damn, Hazard speculation will reach a peak right about then.

fuenf

Did anyone catch the ARD pregame show? According to transfermarkt.de ARD just said that Bayern is actively pursuing Rafa but Nerlinger denied it (as if he would say anything else).

Wilbur

Banned
England play Belgium soon? Damn, Hazard speculation will reach a peak right about then.

It's a shame he's a money whore destined for Madrid eventually. He's a phenomenal talent. Remember watching Sanchez last season and being reminded of Ronaldo? It's like that but with little swishes of Messi in there as well.

If he lives up to potential he could be incredible.

Feorax

Thought this was really good, cheers for that. I think AVB would be a great appointment providing he's learnt from mistakes at Chelsea. Gerrard and Carragher aren't as big cunts in playing time regard as Lampard and Terry either.

Blog makes a good point about Sturridge, the full backs and Romeu

No problem. Still see a massive issue with our left side though. Seems pointless to push Enrique forward at the moment, since he ends up occupying the same space as Downing most of the time. It really should be either/or Enrique and Downing at LB, with a more creative LW player like Gaston Ramirez.

We also really need cover for Lucas. Like, REALLY need cover for Lucas...

WJD

Speaking of Belgium internationals... Is Defour still at Porto? and if he is has he actually been any good?

It's a shame he's a money whore destined for Madrid eventually. He's a phenomenal talent. Remember watching Sanchez last season and being reminded of Ronaldo? It's like that but with little swishes of Messi in there as well.

If he lives up to potential he could be incredible.
I'm not so sure he is in it for the money alone. Apparently his main concern is that he gets regular playing time. Of course the money matters and he will try to get the best possible deal for himself, who wouldn't?

I'm so gutted we missed out on Sanchez. Mainly cos we'd been following him for ages and should have moved for him after the world cup. We left it one summer too long and everybody was in for him by then.

Will obv. be sad if we miss out on Hazard too but Kagawa is the one I really want this summer.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Kosovo is officially a nation according to FIFA. Shitty timing for them, just before the Euros begin.

Also an Argentine/Uruguayan delegation should be in talks with FIFA this week regarding the 2030 World Cup.

Wilbur

Banned
It's hard to name any footballer who isn't. People are way too angry because of all the medias speculating and writing news stories about nothing.

Or Curtouis, Lukaku and Kevin de Bruyne! Not to mention Chelsea are buying Fallaini too, of course. Will have the whole national team soon enough.

I guess so. I suppose you can attribute half the quotes to lies but I think he's obviously enjoying the attention.

And fuck you, we will buy Lukaku because he's clearly the next Drogba..............

No problem. Still see a massive issue with our left side though. Seems pointless to push Enrique forward at the moment, since he ends up occupying the same space as Downing most of the time. It really should be either/or Enrique and Downing at LB, with a more creative LW player like Gaston Ramirez.

We also really need cover for Lucas. Like, REALLY need cover for Lucas...

Spearing is way too immobile to cover for Lucas, but reading that post I'm sure AVB would do a great job. If he was still at Chelsea, with De Bruyne, Cahill and Marin coming I'm sure he'd improve. Suppose their CL makes up for it!

I'm not so sure he is in it for the money alone. Apparently his main concern is that he gets regular playing time. Of course the money matters and he will try to get the best possible deal for himself, who wouldn't?

I'm so gutted we missed out on Sanchez. Mainly cos we'd been following him for ages and should have moved for him after the world cup. We left it one summer too long and everybody was in for him by then.

Will obv. be sad if we miss out on Hazard too but Kagawa is the one I really want this summer.

Playing wise Chelsea might be the best bet. I don't see Fergie not rotating the shit out of him/Nani/Young/Valencia/Welbeck/Hernandez with Rooney as constant.

I want Kagawa more as well to be honest but Hazard is such a talent...

Kosovo is officially a nation according to FIFA. Shitty timing for them, just before the Euros begin.

Also an Argentine/Uruguayan delegation should be in talks with FIFA this week regarding the 2030 World Cup.

Where's Kosovo?

Wessiej

Vorm
Boulahrouz - Vlaar - Mathijsen - Willems
De Jong - Van der Vaart
Sneijder
Narsingh - Huntelaar - Kuijt

Starting 11, match starts in 20 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom