• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

http://katecohensoccer.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/why-andre-villas-boas-will-be-a-success-at-liverpool%E2%80%8F/

Interesting read on why AVB failed at Chelsea, but could be a success at Liverpool.

Thought this was really good, cheers for that. I think AVB would be a great appointment providing he's learnt from mistakes at Chelsea. Gerrard and Carragher aren't as big cunts in playing time regard as Lampard and Terry either.

Blog makes a good point about Sturridge, the full backs and Romeu

Very good article. I'd love AVB, would probably be my first choice.

Wilbury, I think you underestimate Carra's ego and arrogance. If AVB came, there would surely be no room for Carra and I could see him undermining him like Terry did.

Wilbur

Banned

Wilbury, I think you underestimate Carra's ego and arrogance. If AVB came, there would surely be no room for Carra and I could see him undermining him like Terry did.

It's that bad? But he hasn't been in the first team all year... Maybe because it's Kenny he kept quiet.

They should get him on a coaching contract as soon as possible and phase him out.

Yen

It's that bad? But he hasn't been in the first team all year... Maybe because it's Kenny he kept quiet.

They should get him on a coaching contract as soon as possible and phase him out.

Well he was one of the biggest cheerleaders for Hodgson to get the job after Rafa left. I still think he'll be playing next year despite the fact he is past it. And he'll continue to blame others for his own mistakes and give the young players a needless bollocking.

Once again JT gets blamed as the person who wanted AVB out. Even though JT was seen getting on well with him and has said in interviews after the fact that he still keeps in contact with AVB. All the while Lamps publicly admitted to not getting on with him.

JT, everybody's favourite scapegoat.

danwarb

He just gives his opinion when he's asked. I've seen Carragher talk about he well Skrtel's done this season, taking his place in the starting 11. Doesn't seem too bitter.

Yen

Once again JT gets blamed as the person who wanted AVB out. Even though JT was seen getting on well with him and has said in interviews after the fact that he still keeps in contact with AVB. All the while Lamps publicly admitted to not getting on with him.

Sorry, it's because he's such a scumbag, I assumed he was the senior player that undermined him.
Terry was too busy trying to fuck AVB's wife to undermine him.

Wilbur

Banned

He's happy to take credit for everyone else's achievements, I'll give him the blame for them too.

Sorry, it's because he's such a scumbag, I assumed he was the senior player that undermined him.
When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me. Sort of one of the reasons football fans bug me. Everybody is so happy to go round making stuff up and spouting it as fact.

He's happy to take credit for everyone else's achievements, I'll give him the blame for them too.
I know, captained a team the entire competition. What a dick.

Wilbury...

LegoArmo

I wouldn't trust a word Terry said anyway, Lampard was probably just the only one with the balls to admit it.

The whole locker room must have wanted him out, in my opinion.

fuenf

I hate the ARD for using the "Crysis 2" theme in the depressing "Schweinsteiger on Saturday" recap. I loved the theme... :(

dc89

Ok, someone answer this.

Why is Micah Richards not in that team?

He only missed out the last few games of the season because of injury, when Kompany was injured or suspended he wore the captains armband, he is vice-captain of City.

He better not go to the Olympics, that would be an insult.

Labadal

Ok, someone answer this.

He only missed out the last few games of the season because of injury, when Kompany was injured or suspended he wore the captains armband, he is vice-captain of City.

Who knows? Why is Downing in the team?

GQman2121

Banned
I wouldn't trust a word Terry said anyway, Lampard was probably just the only one with the balls to admit it.

The whole locker room must have wanted him out, in my opinion.

He was playing Terry. It was Lampard who was being phased out.

However, I agree that the majority of the squad must have welcomed the change. I mean, look at the results once he left. Lukaku's recent dig on his willingness to teach is also telling of his relationship with the team on multiple levels.

Wasn't Lukaku bought by the board and wasn't AVB's signing as that article says? Which makes sense considering he apparently didn't like him at all.

I guess so. I suppose you can attribute half the quotes to lies but I think he's obviously enjoying the attention.

Lille no doubt enjoys all the clubs pressing up the price and overbidding each other. But really, there is no good reason for Hazard to rush things, he got months off now where he can listen to all the clubs offers and make the right decision.

Edit : It's a girl who wrote that AVB article? I MUST MARRY HER.

Wessiej

Also, wtf
lol_zpsadb46354.gif

http://youtu.be/JNyW_Q61T-A

Meier

Ok, someone answer this.

He must have slept with someone related to Hodgson or something because he's clearly fucking him in return.

Clegg

Let's not forget that Capello wasn't that impressed by Richards either.

There must be something that they don't like about Richards.

GQman2121

Banned
Wasn't Lukaku bought by the board and wasn't AVB's signing as that article says? Which makes sense considering he apparently didn't like him at all.

Yes. He was a target well before AVB was even considered as coach. He said as much about both Lukaku and De Bruyne I believe. Club transfer policies...something....something.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom