• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inversive

Yay Kagawa! One of the players of the season in a team that dominated German football. I wonder how Fergie will tinker with the formation.

Slizz

That's it; I'm watching Community.

iGwesxtmUOS7e.gif

Arnie

I'm with Lung on this one (prior to his stealth edit!). Watched an episode and didn't see the funny. I don't think it's for me that show.

That's how I felt about Arrested Development. All my friends told me to watch it, so I stuck the pilot on, and didn't laugh.

Slizz

That's how I felt about Arrested Development. All my friends told me to watch it, so I stuck the pilot on, and didn't laugh.

First couple ep's in season 1 are a bit rough, then it picks up steam.

EDIT: In Community not Arrested Development

GorillaJu

I've seen one episode of Community (the Dungeons and Dragons one) and I nearly died laughing, but my friends told me most of the episodes aren't that good.

Arrested Development is ok but not deserving of the praise it gets on Gaf.

Die.

I think Extras is still my favourite in terms of comedy. I'll be surprised if anything ever tops that for me. Darkplace comes pretty close, but I'm sure most of you are too cool to have ever watched that.

Best show in years. I agree with what you said about the Sony conference btw.

Gross exaggeration

Show turns to complete garbage, easily the most overrated show on GAF.

Agreed. Season 1 was something great, but it lost that in Season 2.

You can't just watch the pilot and judge any show on that. The show is brilliant and has so many jokes that you can't catch everything on one viewing. Upon rewatches you will catch more and more foreshadow jokes, and subtle background inclusions and dialog decisions. The show is straight genius. I've watched the show in its entirety close to ten times and I'm still discovering little jokes and cues to inside jokes within the show.

Arrested Development is ok but not deserving of the praise it gets on Gaf.

OMG....what is wrong with you people!!

Wilbur

Banned
I think Extras is still my favourite in terms of comedy. I'll be surprised if anything ever tops that for me. Darkplace comes pretty close, but I'm sure most of you are too cool to have ever watched that.

Extras is good but the Office is a thousand times better

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Kwadwo Asamoah ‏@Asabob20
"Hi guys. Training is S.A. is going well. Playing the African Champions Zambia this weekend then back to Europe to sort some things ;)"

Awesome Animals said:
OMG....what is wrong with you people!!

Nothing.
American humor vs British humour

Wilbur

Banned
Spaced is such an underrated British comedy.

Father Ted is clearly the best comedy series of the last 20 years.

The Office, Father Ted and then Arrested Development.

The reason I haven't watched Mad Men and Breaking Bad yet is I just haven't got round to it. Need to see Sopranos, most of Six Feet Under and BSG. Just finished Deadwood though which was just fucking incredible.

Parks and Recreation needs more love
Agreed. Best NBC comedy by far

Kwadwo Asamoah ‏@Asabob20
"Hi guys. Training is S.A. is going well. Playing the African Champions Zambia this weekend then back to Europe to sort some things ;)"

Nothing.
American humor vs British humour

It has nothing to do with British v American! I love the Office, and Extras, and a few other British comedies.

dc89

Breaking Bad is very good but definitely overrated.

CityTV is a huge broadcaster in Canada. No relation to Man City FC

I didn't know they were Canadian but I knew they were pretty big cause I see it on lots of GIF's.

I only laugh at it cause at one time Wilbury (I think) was reacting to my PR with a GIF and it said City TV in the corner and when I pointed it out he had a 'oh shit' moment lol.

Damn. I just started this show a couple of days ago. This seems spoiler-ish.

Enjoying Mad Men so far.

Community is very good. I reccomend it but I can see not everyone would like it. Modern Family is great too, love that show. The last episode killed me, Dylan lmao.

Not seen Breaking Bad or The Wire yet. I started BB but found it very hard to get into. Will start it again after Mad Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom