• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

E3 has been crap so far.

Sony and Microsoft put on terrible conferences with very little to get excited over. Lets hope Nintendo have something good prepared. They already have an hour long conference just for 3DS scheduled.

Highlights so far:

Hitman
Dishonored
Watch_Dogs
The Last of Us
Reveangeance
Ass Creed 3

Despite the terrible conferences - though I thought UbiSoft smashed it - I've been overwhelmed by the quality games, videos and trailers I've witnessed in the last day or so for games I've been excited for and games I've just become excited for. My list of awesomesauce so far:

Hitman Absolution
Dishonored
Watch_Dogs
The Last of Us
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
Assassin's Creed 3
Resident Evil 6
DmC Devil May Cry
God of War Ascension
Far Cry 3
Star Wars 1313
Tomb Raider

The next year is gonna be filled with some astonishing titles.

Despite the terrible conferences - though I thought UbiSoft smashed it - I've been overwhelmed by the quality games, videos and trailers I've witnessed in the last day or so for games I've been excited for and games I've just become excited for. My list of awesomesauce so far:

Hitman Absolution
Dishonored
Watch_Dogs
The Last of Us
Assassin's Creed 3
Resident Evil 6
DmC Devil May Cry
God of War Ascension
Far Cry 3
Star Wars 1313
Tomb Raider

There's plenty of brilliant looking games that's for sure. I just miss the surprises :(

Makes sense though seeing as this is probably the last year of focus on 360 and PS3 before next gen starts to hit! And I am SO HYPED to see what Nintendo has done with an HD console.

Clegg

Hitman Absolution
Dishonored
Watch_Dogs
The Last of Us
Assassin's Creed 3
Resident Evil 6
DmC Devil May Cry
God of War Ascension
Far Cry 3
Star Wars 1313
Tomb Raider

I agree with your list except for the games in bold. I can't get excited for Resi 6 or DMC. Star Wars looks good but I have no faith in Star Wars games not made by Bioware. And the new Tomb Raider looks like a derivative of Uncharted which was originally a derivative of Tomb Raider.

Watch_Dogs and Ass Creed 3 are the games I'm most looking forward to.

Salvadora

Watch_Dogs looked cool but I can't help feeling this will be one of those games that when it comes out will be completely different.

Meier

Spaced is the best British comedy I've ever seen. My buddy (ex-pat) introduced it to me back when we were in college (nearly 10 years ago.. crazy it's been so long!) and I was hooked ever since. We ended up watching the absolute shittiest bootleg of Shaun of the Dead when it came out on this little like 9" screen at his friend's house. All of us were just huddled around it, made for a funny image I imagine. Pretty cool that Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg have developed such a following here. Nick Frost is still fairly fringe though sadly.

He got me to watch Black Books and Green Wing plus others but I've still never seen Father Ted. The IT Crowd is absolutely amazing for my tastes.

As far as US comedies go, some good recommendations. Community is definitely overrated and not nearly as beloved as its oddly diehard fans would lead you to believe. Top comedies offhand right now (IMO) are Sunny, Tosh.0, Curb, Veep, Psych, Parks and Rec and 30 Rock. Can't believe those last two are ending and Curb could at any time really. :(

An Idiot Abroad is probably the most entertaining show on TV right now.

Hixx

Spaced is the best British comedy I've ever seen. My buddy (ex-pat) introduced it to me back when we were in college (nearly 10 years ago.. crazy it's been so long!) and I was hooked ever since. We ended up watching the absolute shittiest bootleg of Shaun of the Dead when it came out on this little like 9" screen at his friend's house. All of us were just huddled around it, made for a funny image I imagine. Pretty cool that Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg have developed such a following here. Nick Frost is still fairly fringe though sadly.

He got me to watch Black Books and Green Wing plus others but I've still never seen Father Ted. The IT Crowd is absolutely amazing for my tastes.

As far as US comedies go, some good recommendations. Community is definitely overrated and not nearly as beloved as its oddly diehard fans would lead you to believe. Top comedies offhand right now (IMO) are Sunny, Tosh.0, Curb, Veep, Psych, Parks and Rec and 30 Rock. Can't believe those last two are ending and Curb could at any time really. :(

An Idiot Abroad is probably the most entertaining show on TV right now.

you need to start watching the ricky gervais show then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BseSjTiHz7c

this clip was remastered or whatever for the latest episode. amazing.

Where's brass?

who's body is ready?

Z60TX.jpg

So over-posted but man, this is one funny image!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

HAHAH NO WAY :p

Spanish Wrath is a completely different person on twitter! He's missing his Spanish beard and he tweets about ice cream and rainbows!

edit: But you can't argue with 400 followers, he must be doing something right. Expect more tweets from me about rainbows...and dust!

edit2: Awesome Animals...................@awesomegarcia is not @awesomegarcia_. You've added the WRONG person to your GAF-list LOL

Arnie

My highlights of E3 are Halo 4, TLoU and Hitman.

Plus there's Halo 4 multiplayer today with MLG pros so that'll probably win the show for me.

Meier

you need to start watching the ricky gervais show then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BseSjTiHz7c

this clip was remastered or whatever for the latest episode. amazing.

Where's brass?

I actually am not a podcast guy so I haven't listened to any of the original content and have only watched a few episodes of the RGS. I enjoyed it (naturally) but haven't made an effort to get into it fully yet. We have HBO Go though so I hope to start it from the beginning one of these days.. Karl is just amazing.

Edit: AHAHAH at the clip. I fucking love this guy.

Mastadon

Banned
If we're talking comedy in general, then Brass Eye is probably the funniest thing I've seen in my life. Chris Morris is a certifiable genius.

Wilbur

Banned
Fucking love Ikea meatballs, chips and gravy. The one in Warrington yea?

Yeah goddamn it's so cheap. 20 meatballs, chips, gravy and a refillable drink for 4.80

It's a shame you then have to walk for 8 hours just to get out the fucking shop

elsk

Banned
SportBild: Robert Lewandowski accepted an offer from Bayern but Dortmund refuse to sell.

Yeah, he's coming next season :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom