• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Kermit the Dog

220px-Tim_Schafer_2011.jpg

ATF487

Why you think this?

He's a wind up merchant without much else to him. He wasn't as clever as his tweet to Arnie would suggest, and he wasn't one to provide insight about anything, except maybe the particular dynamic of being a supporter from Australia.

I'd come into here and it would be a page full of nonsense with him at the center of it, and then when he'd get banned people would spend another page talking about how it happened. It's the same feeling I get from the fucking Kardashians; why do people care about this person who provides absolutely nothing worthwhile?

Clegg

Never have truer words been spoken.

He's clearly a bit desperate for attention.

Why else would he be getting into random twitter feuds with gaffers?

On a completely different note, I had training yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks.

It was nothing that bad but my legs were a little stiffer than usual. So I decided to do some calf and hamstring stretches.

It feels like pure sex.

He's a wind up merchant without much else to him. He wasn't as clever as his tweet to Arnie would suggest, and he wasn't one to provide insight about anything, except maybe the particular dynamic of being a supporter from Australia.

I'd come into here and it would be a page full of nonsense with him at the center of it, and then when he'd get banned people would spend another page talking about how it happened. It's the same feeling I get from the fucking Kardashians; why do people care about this person who provides absolutely nothing worthwhile?

Oh I was here when most of that stuff happened (mainly lurking tho lol) but yeah he's a troll. And not even a good one tbh

Facism

Gold Member
Never have truer words been spoken.

He's clearly a bit desperate for attention.

Why else would he be getting into random twitter feuds with gaffers?

On a completely different note, I had training yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks.

It was nothing that bad but my legs were a little stiffer than usual. So I decided to do some calf and hamstring stretches.

It feels like pure sex.

bruv for the last month i've been on a regime of cardio/wights at the gym, kettlebell sessions, boxing and street running.

I wake up stiff every morning unable to walk until i've stretched. I am literally the morning boner, and it feels great.

Fry

A lot of Liverpool fans not happy that we're targeting Sigurdsson. He scored 7 from 17 appearances last season in the PL, and has replicated his good form everywhere he's been. He'd cost like 7 or 8 million, and we know he'd play well since its the same manager.

Yeah, I realized that while reading RAWK. Which means fuck all, because they're clueless. All things considered, he could be one of the best signings of the season.

GorillaJu

Yeah, I realized that while reading RAWK. Which means fuck all, because they're clueless. All things considered, he could be one of the best signings of the season.

"We need to be smart with our signings, like Newcastle was. Target players from smaller Bundesliga or Ligue 1 teams and not of trendy nationalities before they become stars."

"What the fuck are we doing buying Gylfi? We should save that money for Cavani!"

I love it.

Fry

"We need to be smart with our signings, like Newcastle was. Target players from smaller Bundesliga or Ligue 1 teams and not of trendy nationalities before they become stars."

lolololololol

How stupid can one be? That's Gylfi's exact description.

Lightning

Banned
I really want us to get Yann M'Vila as he's exactly the type of player we need then we can deploy Alex Song forward more without exposing our back 4. Alex Song playing a more advanced role could suit him well as he netted a lot of assists last season and has an excellent pass when he can be bothered. M'Vila + Arteta and we will have a formidable midfield which should help us prevent conceeding so many stupid goals like last season.

GorillaJu

FM question: when I search for a player I know exists, I can't ever find him. Is this because I don't have scouts actively working in that territory?

For example I tried to search for Gaston Ramirez, but his name came up with no results. The next game day, lo and behold one of my scouts recommends him to me as a quality player.

sohois

FM question: when I search for a player I know exists, I can't ever find him. Is this because I don't have scouts actively working in that territory?

For example I tried to search for Gaston Ramirez, but his name came up with no results. The next game day, lo and behold one of my scouts recommends him to me as a quality player.

It's probably because of accents and what not in their names, Gaston Ramirez is not the actual spelling, it is Gastón Ramírez, notice the accents on the o and i. If you know the player, just search by their club instead.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Salcido is going to be one of the overage players for Mexico.

fml

He's going to replace one of the midfielders.

http://i.minus.com/jbtPLm1zHCl7c0.png
uh what

he's only been Mexico's most consistent and best player since 2002. Not to mention he can play as either a central back, a left back, a right back, or a defensive midfielder. Guy brings versatility to the Olympic squad, and he's a fucking mule. He works the shit out of himself on the pitch. He's only the best option they could have chosen for the Olympics!

Aye I can see us getting squeezed for every penny we can afford ala Berbatov.

As good as he is I would rather United looked at other cheaper targets.

Too true. I don't see any value in us going for a proven premiership player. We got screwed by spurs on Carrick and berbatov. I'm fed up of over priced British based players

It's been proven there's value with the Kagawa signing, but if we have the transfer money available to go for Modric I'd love it. He's a great player.

It's a lazy signing IMO. I think it's been proven we need European class players. Ones who have got some salt about them in a different leauge. We could have won the prem, but got destroyed in europe! Which shows we are lacking something. We have an absurd lack of European class and experience in our midfield, sans Giggs and Scholes. Hell, I don't think we have a world class player in our midfield at all.

The more Fergie keeps talking about there being no value in the market makes me think he's just pissed off because he can't get the players he wants dirt cheap.

Modric cost £18m-£20m? When Spurs bought him 3-4 years ago? Based on the what the market is like now £32m is probably the right sort of price.

If Fergie wanted him cheaper he should have beaten Spurs to the signature in the first place.

This. It seems our scouts are getting worse by the season. We've been missing gem after gem, whilst other teams pick them up first

He's fine in the centre at Spurs, it's just Redknapp does stupid things like put him on the left.

Kagawa is perfect. Fellaini for £23m, Powell for £4m and Izaguirre for £7m. Please.

Dreams! Still, I just hope ferguson looks outside of thr premiership for thr next signing. Premiership players cost too much and some have the problem of being successful on the European stage

uh what

he's only been Mexico's most consistent and best player since 2002. Not to mention he can play as either a central back, a left back, a right back, or a defensive midfielder. Guy brings versatility to the Olympic squad, and he's a fucking mule. He works the shit out of himself on the pitch. He's only the best option they could have chosen for the Olympics!

I disagree. I love Salcido, but the dude shouldn't take over one of the midfielders spots (assuming he plays there since he is too slow to play defense now a days). His past shouldn't guarantee him a starting spot now, especially since he is not what he used to be.

I want to see Jona and Herrera play. Salcido is going to force one of them to sit. I already want Jona to play for the senior team, along with Zavala. Salcido is playing there now, because Jona had to finish up his Barca B duties or because he is actually going to take over the spot for a while? I had hoped he was only filling in. Him being called up raises questions.

Also, why not have Ayala go? He would really help the defense, which is the team's weak point. I wanted Moreno to go, but apparently Espanyol isn't letting him.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I think that the Toulon tournament proved that Salcido is gonna be playing as a Central Back. Let us remember that it was Tuca who reinvented Salcido as a Defensive Midfielder --that was never his natural position and the fact that he has been able to work there says a lot about the guy. We need someone to stabilize the backline, and Mier can only do so much against opposition that will consist of people like Forlán, Cavani, and Suárez.

I'm sure Salcido won't take Herrera's spot at all, since that was Mexico's strongest link in the Toulon tournament. And until I see Jona play more consistently with Mexico I'm skeptical of what he can do. The kid was invisible in the match versus Colombia back in February.

GorillaJu

Having just started getting into FM, it's incredible how well this game lines up with actions that go on in reality.

The mere fact that Gaston Ramirez was suggested to me by a scout is interesting, given how much we've been linked with him in real life. I figure there's some algorithm that helps to identify what players would be good fits for what teams, given their current strengths and weaknesses, but whatever it is, it's very accurate.

Wilbur

Banned
Having just started getting into FM, it's incredible how well this game lines up with actions that go on in reality.

The mere fact that Gaston Ramirez was suggested to me by a scout is interesting, given how much we've been linked with him in real life. I figure there's some algorithm that helps to identify what players would be good fits for what teams, given their current strengths and weaknesses, but whatever it is, it's very accurate.

It's so fucking good. I'm currently running away with everything; 13 points ahead of Chelsea, 22 wins, 0 draws and 3 losses with 81 goals in the league. But I'm going through the spell when I can't finish to save my life and I'm struggling in the FA Cup all of a sudden.

Beat Newcastle in the Carling Cup final mwahahahaha.

Also I fell asleep at 4 and I start work at 9. I'm so fucking tired.

Wilbur

Banned
SO MANY RACISTS UP IN HERE

I used to love the video of Park's birthday party where he just sits and screeches laughter while Evra makes a tit of himself and Tevez sits there grunting not understanding a word of it.

GorillaJu

DKEZ0.gif

Youngsters will be psyched. Tends to be older folks who go in for nationalist troublemaking. And internet trolling, curiously enough.

Not sure I can agree there. The most adamant anti-Japanese Koreans I met were all young. That isn't to say that it's representative entirely, but I think the anti-Japanese sentiment is much deeper rooted and isn't simply a divide of young and old.

I think Regulus has it right – Koreans will be bitter because the Asian star at United will be Japanese and no longer Korean. Again it'd be silly to claim this nationalism is that wide spread. But it's there.

Salazar

Comes down to it, they're about as worth paying attention to as the RAWKers carrying on about "fashionable nationalities", lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom