• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

For Kagawa?

The fee could rise to £17m depending on how well he does at United. Even £17m would still be a good price.

Have Arsenal been linked with anyone yet? Podolski can't be the only player joining this summer.

fuenf

For Kagawa?

The fee could rise to £17m depending on how well he does at United. Even £17m would still be a good price.

Have Arsenal been linked with anyone yet? Podolski can't be the only player joining this summer.

Dont worry Podolski is as good as three new signings.

TeegsD

I cannot wait for the WiiU. Want ZombiU day 1 as well.

Also, its great that we announced that we got Shinji. Can't wait to see him play with a United shirt.

Zabojnik

599336_3828991336461_343954378_n.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Kwadwo Asamoah HAS signed for Juventus. Official! Confirmed by Zuliani and garyalsmith.

-

Arnie that picture won't ever get old :p

I like it as much as this>

HPaJJ.jpg

Antonio I miss you already..

The Other One said:
Arsenal supporter here, just thought I would mention that.

Welcome!

Arsenal have signed Yann M'Villa. Deal done, just waiting for paperwork and medical.

And I dont know if this has been posted yet, but made me chuckle (and worry a bit)

246492_389247771111865_1720445007_n.jpg

It's not on Juventus's page but, to be fair, Corriere says we've reached agreement with both Isla and Asamoah. Twitter sources confirm Asamoah, nothing for Isla yet. Both for 18m which is a bargain, I think, for two classy players. I guess we just need to wait for player contracts. I'm more excited for Isla than Kwandwo.

Also, Van Persie is very likely to sign at this point from what it seems. Can't say I'm displeased although Higuain might have been better.

Vucinic-----Van Persie-----Isla

Oh god can't wait for next year

Edit: Yurt, Isla is Pepe competition. And the striker is coming. :D

Wilbur

Banned
Player and Clubs have agreed terms, just delays in paperwork (then of course the medical)

Its done (in principal - it could fall through with the medical) but I guess you can wait for it to appear on the website.

What's the source? I'm not saying you're wrong, but so much transfer bullshit nowadays haha.

Juve will be a real force in the CL I think. Apart from a top class striker they're fantastic all across the pitch.

On the bench. He doesn't start ahead of Mirko, for me, until he proves he's worthy of our shirt. I know he's a Bianconero at heart but I don't want someone who doesn't show it.

What's the source? I'm not saying you're wrong, but so much transfer bullshit nowadays haha.

lol, tell me about it, I actually got excited at Llorente going Arsenal :( I also had some hope with Kagawa, so much for that.

The source is the same one that broke the Podolski transfer 5 weeks before it happened.

Zabojnik

Guys, the first photo of what our midfield might look like next season with Pirlo and all these running youngsters has surfaced!

pirloaspassoresize.jpg

Hahaha Zab :D

Lots of misinformation about Asamoah and Isla as players.

Isla's not really a striker though he can play on the inside right if necessary. He's Conte's type of versatile player who can play in a Caceres role in a 3-5-2 or a Pepe/Vucinic role in a 4-3-3. He can also play LB or RB, much in the same way that Vidal can play CB or fullback. He took Pepe's role when he left Udinese, and I think he'll be doing this at Juve. I'm really excited about him.

And yeah, Asamoah is capable of giving cover to any of our midfield 3. I'm most excited, however, about his defensive capabilities.

Curious about the reports of van der Vaart wanting to play in Serie A. He wouldn't be bad for Juve, I don't think, although clearly he'd be below Higuain, RVP, and Suarez in terms of who we've been linked to.

Oh god what I'd actually do to have Suarez on the left in Vucinic's positoin and RVP in the centre. O_O

Zabojnik

Fucking ingrate bastards. This is how you'd repay Vucinic for his best season yet? :p
I would too.

Man, Inter fans aren't happy about Isla moving to Torino, haha.

kharma45

Just seen this tweeted by Miguel Delaney

Here's the text from a piece earlier today on how Hazard's decision prompted fury at Old Trafford.. as well as response. United basically thought they'd had Hazard deal done, and were going to announce it day before England friendly. Or, at least, that was the case at the start of last week. Will turn attention to Modric. But Ferguson refusing ransom.

http://eircomsports.eircom.net/News/hazard-united-response.aspx

Make of it what you will. Seems the rumours for Modric and Baines are picking up pace though.

Charles

Asamoah and Isla not yet confirmed, but both talks are in 'advanced stages'. Reports say we'll pay 15m for half of both of them and another 15m at the end of the season.

Hopefully this will leave enough transfer budget to go after the other parts of the team that need beefing up, we need a backup central back, a top striker and we need to decide if we're bringing Giovinco back or if he'll go to Napoli/Inter instead. Plus there's the Veratti situation which we should take advantage of by getting our foot into that door, even if he ends up staying at Pescara for another year.

Wilbur

Banned
It's been proven there's value with the Kagawa signing, but if we have the transfer money available to go for Modric I'd love it. He's a great player.

Zabojnik

If the Asamoah + (La) Isla (Bonita) deal is fo realz, Pogba's loan to Udinese is more or less sealed, right? I'm sure he'll be really happy about it. :D

United won't get a good price for Modric, That's for sure.

The more Fergie keeps talking about there being no value in the market makes me think he's just pissed off because he can't get the players he wants dirt cheap.

Modric cost £18m-£20m? When Spurs bought him 3-4 years ago? Based on the what the market is like now £32m is probably the right sort of price.

If Fergie wanted him cheaper he should have beaten Spurs to the signature in the first place.

kharma45

It's been proven there's value with the Kagawa signing, but if we have the transfer money available to go for Modric I'd love it. He's a great player.

The rumoured £30m plus price tag seems excessive though, United could get two pretty good players for that tbh.

I wonder what Fellaini would go for, he'd give our midfield a certain about of bite that it's lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom