• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Comes down to it, they're about as worth paying attention to as the RAWKers carrying on about "fashionable nationalities", lol.

So forgetting the fact that theyre members of RAWK, is it that far off the mark to make that claim? You don't think a player from Brazil, Argentina, Holland or Spain is automatically seen as more enticing than someone from say, Canada?

Salazar

So forgetting the fact that theyre members of RAWK, is it that far off the mark to make that claim? You don't think a player from Brazil, Argentina, Holland or Spain is automatically seen as more enticing than someone from say, Canada?

I think there's a not-insubstantial degree of rational inference about the standard of coaching and competition that a youth player might have experienced in, say, Brazil, Argentina, Holland, or Spain.

I also think, admittedly, that there is likely a muppet element extending quite high up the football management ziggurat that, say, sees Hernandez posing a threat and thinks "cor, get me a Mexican".

Messi

I know I am late but I was travelling during the start of E3. But I was really impressed by the gameplay trailers for Halo 4 (was so over halo but fuck me I am back in), Assassins Creed 3, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, South Park and Watch_Dogs.

Less impressed but still good for Far Cry 3 and Fifa 13 (that felt like a Fifa 12 trailer, but yay they modelled Aguero and Van Der Fart)

I need to see the 2nd level of the Hitman E3 demo.

David Cage's Ellen Page game looks decent but I loved Heavy Rain.

--

I was really not impressed by God of War at all. That just feels so samey to me :(

GorillaJu

Oh what I would do if Liverpool's "austerity signings" were players like Shinji Kagawa...

And Hodgson is still under fire over not taking Rio? Even Ferguson said it himself – he can't manage a game every four days...

Though to be fair, Martin Kelly's injury record is rather unfortunate. For a young lad with a lot of muscle, this isn't too out of the ordinary, though. You put on a lot of weight to bulk up for the game and it takes awhile to grow into that. Same thing is happening to Jack Rodwell.

Sloosha

Who cares about Park, the future Korean Superstars are in Barca Infantil A. Hopefully we can poach them in a couple of years ;)

Need to watch Running man too.

dc89

0,,10335~10919785,00.jpg

Cardiff have gone red! Red home, blue away.

GorillaJu

I don't follow, Morsel.
edit: oh god, I've just copped on.

There's a phenomenon in Japan of young men who live far too comfortable of lives and are completely bereft of any desire to succeed financially or enter a relationship. They work part time jobs and spend all their money on shopping, hair cuts, etc. They're called "herbivore boys" due to their lack of ambition.

It's dumb and frustrating as a teacher because these kids don't want to learn English.

Kimura is pretty boss. But when I first got to Japan and saw pictures of his face on ads I thought he was a woman

dc89

Dennis Bergkamp will finish his coaching badges in Ajax then when he feels he has learnt enough he will team up with Wenger (TalkSPORT)

GorillaJu

I wonder if his relationship with the AV star is going to cause any sort of stir in Japan. Though I can certainly understand the appeal. If I just wanted to bone I wouldn't waste my time with the avg J-beezy. Too much work.

Sloosha

This is the stadium where the Real vs Juve game will take place in Las Vegas.

U2nga.jpg

It's where UNLV play their college football games.

dc89

Cardiff have actually gone red? Fuck me, good job of alienating your fanbase

I'd feel that way if I was a Cardiff fan. Also changed the clubs crest too.

Edit: Emailed SoccerTriads enquiring about the whereabouts of my shirt. Only shipping today or tomorrow. WTF.

bjaelke

Damn at that lead Denmark u21 nearly threw away today.
KuGsj.gif

AAGq0.jpg

That game was immense. So happy that I went to see it. The majority of the fans didn't know what to do when Macedonia scored their 5th goal. There were 2-3 fans that tried to get a song going but it just seemed out of place. I've never seen such a paralyzed crowd before.

Sloosha

artificial pitches are ass. Natural grass on top is always shit too.

Not much of a choice in Vegas unfortunately. Unless they want to play indoors, or have the fans stand around watching the game at some public park. Something tells me the players aren't going to give a shit about playing football in Vegas anyway...

They flood the stadium annually with tears over student loans and charges.

Definitely not tears of joy as UNLV tend to lose most of their games.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Kranjcar is going to Dynamo Kiev. Another player who Harry pissed on over the last two seasons. He had a lot of injuries this year but always did a job when called upon. Farewell.

We could start next season without any Croatian players. :(

pappe

Zdenek Zeman is officially Roma's new coach. Ladies and gentlemen, get your popcorn ready. This is going to be fucking amazing, one way or another. Here's a bit of info on him, if anyone's interested.

Zdenek-Zeman-picture.jpg

i like this bit

Guys like [Fabio] Capello and [Jose] Mourinho are hailed as geniuses because they win. Well, they win because they have the best players, not because of what they do. I could put my dead grandfather in charge of their teams and they would still win."

LOL.... i mean Capello a genius? hahahhaha :p

Zabojnik

Di Matteo!

Also not sure if we should laugh at Zeman, could see him doing well at Roma.

Sure, but that's exactly when things usually don't work out so well for Zeman - when there are high expectations placed on him. And Roma's fans are expecting greatness, even if they play it down to "we'll see how it goes".

Should be fun.

I'm laughing at the dead grandfather quote! I've just watched Pescara highlights from last year, looks fun. Roma need to be in the CL again.

Ah. Yeah he says some funny stuff. Even enjoys trolling Juve.

“How many titles do Juve have? I count 22 or 23…” the veteran Coach joked to the assembled media on Friday.

“Everyone can put whatever they want, even I could deserve a couple of stars. Juventus fans feel this way, I would say of their Scudetti I would count 22, maybe 23.”

:lol

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah from having a quick look at Wiki it seems Pescara was a good place for him. Shame he didn't stay for Serie A.

Question for Serie A GAF: Roma's mooted new stadium, is it a Juve-like owned one or do the city still own it? Seems like Juventus have the right idea in owning their stadium

Zabojnik

Ah. Yeah he says some funny stuff. Even enjoys trolling Juve.

“How many titles do Juve have? I count 22 or 23…” the veteran Coach joked to the assembled media on Friday.

“Everyone can put whatever they want, even I could deserve a couple of stars. Juventus fans feel this way, I would say of their Scudetti I would count 22, maybe 23.”

:lol

Yes, he's the very definition of the word 'funny'. I dare you to listen to any of his interviews and not fall asleep. :D

Speaking of grandfathers and such, Zeman's uncle Čestmír Vycpálek was a fairly successful footballer and coach. He played for Juventus in the season 1946-1947 and won two scudettos as Juve's manager between 1971-1974. Which makes Zeman's hatred towards our colours kind of ironic, I guess. *themoreyouknow.jpg*

Cestmir_Vycpalek_Juventus.jpg

Zabojnik

Yeah from having a quick look at Wiki it seems Pescara was a good place for him. Shame he didn't stay for Serie A.

Question for Serie A GAF: Roma's mooted new stadium, is it a Juve-like owned one or do the city still own it? Seems like Juventus have the right idea in owning their stadium

[troll] What new stadium? [/troll]

If it ever happens, it will be their own stadium. As far as I know Roma recently extended the lease for the Olimpico until 2015. So I suppose that's when the new stadium is supposed to be ready, provided they start working on it ... right now? I remember reading somewhere about it being a 45-50k arena and that the same firm that managed Arsenal's Emirates Stadium construction is likely to get the job.

Wilbur

Banned
[troll] What new stadium? [/troll]

If it ever happens, it will be their own stadium. As far as I know they recently extended the lease for the Olimpico to 2015. So I suppose that's when the new stadium could be ready, if they start working on it ... right now? I remember reading something about it being a 45-50k arena and that the same firm that managed Arsenal's Emirates Stadium construction is likely to get the job.

Ah right, cheers. Yeah I was reading a few weeks ago about it, seems like a good idea if they ever get it done. Always confused me that they don't own their own stadiums; must profess I don't know too much about it though.

Joe

Lazio is playing their Europa games at Palermo next season because they couldn't agree to terms on the extra games with stadio olimpico management. Weird all around.

Zabojnik

Lazio is playing their Europa games at Palermo next season because they couldn't agree to terms on the extra games with stadio olimpico management. Weird all around.

Woah. Source? God, this is just so absurd. Something has to be done about the stadiums in Italy asap, or else Serie A will never recover. Fifa should just take pity on Italy and assign them the next still available EC / WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom