• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Actually fuck Modric, I want Fellaini. Sorry faridmon, but he's actually one of my very favourite players. The skill, the power, the dynamism, the Afro...

kharma45

tiote would be a good buy, probably around 20m. Cabaye too.

Yeah they'd be great, and I'd imagine not too badly priced really.I could see Tiote going for a bit less than £20m, could get both for £35m, maybe £40m max (would Newcastle even sell? Part of me would doubt it) but it'd be an expensive summer with that hypothetical double swoop, Kagawa, Nick Powell seems to be coming and we do need a left back.

Actually fuck Modric, I want Fellaini. Sorry faridmon, but he's actually one of my very favourite players. The skill, the power, the dynamism, the Afro...

Now you're seeing sense. Just seen his transfer fee though to Everton, that was big money :eek:

Wilbur

Banned
I wouldn't use Modrid as CM, he would work a lot better as CAM.

He's fine in the centre at Spurs, it's just Redknapp does stupid things like put him on the left.

Kagawa is perfect. Fellaini for £23m, Powell for £4m and Izaguirre for £7m. Please.

Arnie

Fellaini is a £20+ million player. Everton bought him for £15 and they're in financial crisis so they'll squeeze as much out of him as they can muster. He's certainly got all the qualities you mention but he also possesses the added bonus of being a complete and utter nobhead, which almost qualifies him for a move to United on its own.

Dirty, dirty player. If you sign him then prepare to have your play halted as the referee blows up for every elbow and kick he tries to sneak in.

Clegg

If United want Modric then £30m is the lowest they'd get him for. But you know Spurs will want at least £5m more.

Modric would be a brilliant purchase but I'd prefer someone that could offer a bit more defensively in midfield. Thats what we're missing imo.

Also, I've just came back from a mates house where we watched The Tree of Life. Can someone explain to me wtf was going on please.

elsk

Banned
I can't believe Manchester United has missed on Sahin, Xhaka, Asamoah... are they even interested in buying a CM?

kharma45

He's fine in the centre at Spurs, it's just Redknapp does stupid things like put him on the left.

Kagawa is perfect. Fellaini for £23m, Powell for £4m and Izaguirre for £7m. Please.

A boy can dream (if we had the funds)

050612232224.png

Probably just swap that Tiote/Cabaye option for Carrick.

Wilbur

Banned
Fellaini is a £20+ million player. Everton bought him for £15 and they're in financial crisis so they'll squeeze as much out of him as they can muster. He's certainly got all the qualities you mention but he also possesses the added bonus of being a complete and utter nobhead, which almost qualifies him for a move to United on its own.

Dirty, dirty player. If you sign him then prepare to have your play halted as the referee blows up for every elbow and kick he tries to sneak in.

Ah yeah, elbowing Suarez will be beautiful. Can't wait to see what he does when he's actually been touched.

If United want Modric then £30m is the lowest they'd get him for. But you know Spurs will want at least £5m more.

Also, I've just came back from a mates house where we watched The Tree of Life. Can someone explain to me wtf was going on please.

Dinosaurs innit
i thought brad Pitt was awesome but the film was too abstract for its own good

I can't believe Manchester United has missed on Sahin, Xhaka, Asamoah... are they even interested in buying a CM?

Don't remind me. Sahin was what, 5m? Fucking ridiculous.

Also, my scouts say Xhaka is only likely to be 2 and a half stars.

Clegg

Dinosaurs innit
i thought brad Pitt was awesome but the film was too abstract for its own good

The movie looked gorgeous and I enjoyed the overall experience.

I'm just not entirely sure what the movie was all about.

I can see why some people hate it.

K1LLER7

yeah carrick will definately start, wouldn't suprise me if SAF plays cleverly alongside him. He'll have to improve on pressing/winning the ball back but he could be a option there. Dembele has been linked too but not sure if he can play as a CM.

Arnie

Such a strange film. Saw it at the cinema with a friend and we were utterly baffled, the dinosaur bit in particular.

It's the only film I had people walk out of during my time at Odeon.

kharma45

yeah carrick will definately start, wouldn't suprise me if SAF plays cleverly alongside him. He'll have to improve on pressing/winning the ball back but he could be a option there. Dembele has been linked too but not sure if he can play as a CM.

Dembele was a striker converted into a CAM wasn't he? Can't see him wanting to go down the field any further.

Cleverly too, could be a bit too deep for him but I guess he's going to have to adapt as Kagawa will be getting any CAM spot.

Clegg

Yup.

It's an enjoyable film if you just go along for the ride.

I tried to keep my thoughts to a minimum while watching it.

Now I'm trying to piece together what everything meant.

GorillaJu

Dembélé can play in so many positions, it's ridiculous. He's been playing as a CMF for Fulham this season with Dempsey pushed forward into a very advanced attacking MF. He can play in the center or out wide, or as a striker. Fantastic player, and a better pick than Fellaini IMO.

Despite his misstep in injuring Cahill, Mertens would be my pick from the Belgian squad, personally.

kharma45

Dembélé can play in so many positions, it's ridiculous. He's been playing as a CMF for Fulham this season with Dempsey pushed forward into a very advanced attacking MF. He can play in the center or out wide, or as a striker. Fantastic player, and a better pick than Fellaini IMO.

Despite his misstep in injuring Cahill, Mertens would be my pick from the Belgian squad, personally.

Yeah he'd be a good buy, Mirallas too.

Arnie

Q9T5d.png

I almost feel sorry for him now. His ban's forced him to try and bait me into Twitter engagements, which he'll often turn into some convoluted argument that he'll subsequently lose. Or he'll confuse himself in the process.

That tweet's steeped in irony too.

Yen

Roger Ebert picked the Tree of Life as one of his top 10 films of all time in Sight and Sound, beating Synecdoche, New York to the final spot.

GorillaJu

A lot of Liverpool fans not happy that we're targeting Sigurdsson. He scored 7 from 17 appearances last season in the PL, and has replicated his good form everywhere he's been. He'd cost like 7 or 8 million, and we know he'd play well since its the same manager.

"Chelsea got Hulk and Hazard and we get Sigurdsson." Yes, because the only way to do well and improve is to sign big names on high wage contracts. Isn't that right, Newcastle?

kharma45

Q9T5d.png

I almost feel sorry for him now. His ban's forced him to try and bait me into Twitter engagements, which he'll often turn into some convoluted argument that he'll subsequently lose. Or he'll confuse himself in the process.

Still sending those wonderfully soppy tweets to his gf?

Arnie

A lot of Liverpool fans not happy that we're targeting Sigurdsson. He scored 7 from 17 appearances last season in the PL, and has replicated his good form everywhere he's been. He'd cost like 7 or 8 million, and we know he'd play well since its the same manager.

"Chelsea got Hulk and Hazard and we get Sigurdsson." Yes, because the only way to do well and improve is to sign big names on high wage contracts. Isn't that right, Newcastle?

I've heard a similar reaction from the non Liverpool fans that I've spoke to. All seem to think that Sigurdsson isn't of a quality that'll push the club on up the table to where they aspire. I honestly didn't watch him too closely at Swansea, despite his goals, so I can't really speak about his general play. His scoring record was exceptional however, so I'd be happy if we signed him for the same price Swansea agreed.

I think we could stick Aquilani in his position and he'd do a better job, though. It's just a shame that he probably won't want to leave Italy.

Clegg

Hopefully the Gaitan nonsense will die down now that United have signed Kagawa.

And Arnie should tweet a pic of himself in his naughty shorts to Kermits girlfriend.

Arnie

Is there anything you'd particularly like me to shout if I recognise the knobhead ?
I'd rather you pop your collar, tip your head, and find the exit. For your own sake.
And Arnie should tweet a pic of himself in his naughty shorts to Kermits girlfriend.
It's pointless, we already know that Kermit's the self proclaimed best looking male on Football GAF.

Clegg

Yeah Kermit was all about that sweet, sweet banter.

Lets gloss over the fact that he got pissy whenever someone took the mick out of him.

Arnie

Yeah Kermit was all about that sweet, sweet banter.

Lets gloss over the fact that he got pissy whenever someone took the mick out of him.

He seems to have flipped off the handle here, for no apparent reason. I fear he's had a drink.

Q9T5d.png

Who is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom