• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yes, he's the very definition of the word 'funny'. I dare you to listen to any of his interviews and not fall asleep. :D

Speaking of grandfathers and such, Zeman's uncle Čestmír Vycpálek was a fairly successful footballer and coach. He played for Juventus in the season 1946-1947 and won two scudettos as Juve's manager between 1971-1974. Which makes Zeman's hatred towards our colours kind of ironic, I guess. *themoreyouknow.jpg*

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/it/b/b8/Cestmir_Vycpalek_Juventus.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[spoiler] Allegedly he was a Juventino as a kid[/spoiler]

Carbonox

Ah University, I remember when I went there...for about 3 weeks and then I left. D;

In hindsight, it was the best decision I ever made in terms of finance, career and family. Oh and my well-being. I went to Bradford University but that, along with supporting factors, nearly ruined me in every single way.

Wouldn't change my life currently for anything right now.

Arnie

Good luck with them mate.

Cheers lads. Should be studying Computer Science and Queens University Belfast.

I'm so chuffed. Might just lay in bed all day and touch my balls.

Nice.

It's funny you should say that second part because that's pretty much what I've been doing for the past 30 minutes. Thank god for laptops.

Wilbur

Banned
Good luck with them mate.

Cheers lads. Should be studying Computer Science and Queens University Belfast.

I'm so chuffed. Might just lay in bed all day and touch my balls.

... you don't do that every day anyway? There's something wonderful about fondling your own balls, it's like being God and juggling with two semen filled worlds.

dc89

Mock if old:

Nike have put Umbro up for sale. Mike Ashley could bid for Unbro as before they were bought by Nike he owned a 30% stake.

Salazar

1st year is sick, 2nd and 3rd are hell!

1st year was average. 2nd and 3rd were good. 4th year was a blast.

Then two years loping around a publisher's office doing odd jobs. Kind of alright.

Then 5th year-and-a-half was pretty average. I did amazingly, but had a nervous breakdown.

Last two years have been decent.

immy

Banned
1st year was average. 2nd and 3rd were good. 4th year was a blast.

Then two years loping around a publisher's office doing odd jobs. Kind of alright.

Then 5th year-and-a-half was pretty average. I did amazingly, but had a nervous breakdown.

Last two years have been decent.

Haha i'm you in reverse, where do you go?

elseanio

I didn't go to University :( Thankful for my current work position, but do wish I had gone on to Uni instead of straight into work

Sloosha

Best part about Uni was being in a halls of residence across the road from my department. Was still late for lectures though.

bjaelke

Portugal dropped to 10th in the latest Fifa rankings and Denmark overtook them with their position as 9th. Too bad the rankings wont mean shit when the EURO kick off.
With Germany, the Netherlands, Portugal and Denmark, Group B is made up entirely of top-ten teams. Group C is also looking strong with Spain, Croatia, Italy and the Republic of Ireland – all teams from the top 20. Group A appears to be the weakest, with only Russia (13th) and Greece (15th) ranked in the top 20 and Czech Republic (27th) and Poland (62nd) ranked significantly lower.

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/news/newsid=1644551/index.html

Uni is shit, don't believe the hype.
To be fair, at 23 I'm not really going for the experience but because I want to get a qualification so I can get a decent job (hopefully). So if it does turn out to be shite I'd not be overly bothered. Hope not though!

OT title contender.
It's the double entendre I didn't even intend it to be.

... you don't do that every day anyway? There's something wonderful about fondling your own balls, it's like being God and juggling with two semen filled worlds.
Or Bowie in Labyrinth.

sohois

All this talk about university makes me feel so old. Even though I am in fact younger than Kyle, the one who started this discussion and is set to go to University.

pappe

salazar said:
A side coached by Maradona isn't serious about anything.
Serious about ball touching.

scaled.php

America GAF I am inside of you. Will be posting a lot less this month while I'm on holidays :)

I'd say head up to Cleveland, but why would you.

I was going to try fly up to see the Heat. Might not bother now that they are choking.

Don't root for the Heat.

Can't believe Rodvik wanted him for Villa. He'd try snorting Collins' pasty white skin

To be fair, it was a bit of anything is better than McLeish

Lambert officially being introduced as manager now:

Tim Krul just tweeted the Dutch team visited Auschwitz today. Doesn't seem like the best way to motivate a team two days before a tournament :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom