• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah!!! The club is teasing us with the kit reveal (which comes June 14). They're giving us behind the scenes look at Macron's facilities in Italy. I haven't watched it yet, but it is a cool feature.

http://www.kit.avfc.co.uk/kit

Cool, has a historical kit section that goes back to the birth of Aston Villa.

Also, small look at the Keeper kit:

dZMQf.jpg

operon

Since Prandelli has no clue how to make Italy play and they won't make it out of the group stage anyway, I decided I'll be rooting for Ireland. I watched an interview with Trap yesterday and man, it was absolutely hilarious. At one point the translator just gave up and went head in hands over an impossible-to-translate italian expression.

trap-WEB-PNG.png

I just love Trap

Lightning

Banned
Congrats to Villa as Lambert is a very good choice.

Sucks to be Swansea and Norwich though. Their success last season has now cost them both their managers to move to higher clubs.

GorillaJu

Villa's kits are generally as plain as they come. Even some tacky gimmicks would at least spice up what has been stagnant for so many seasons now

LOL Verratti to Inter.... Oh god cracks me up.
KuGsj.gif

I'm going to say that the uncertainty about Isla is posturing. It sounds as if he's coming. It also sounds as if next year we're going to have one of the top 5 midfields in Europe.

Villa's kits are generally as plain as they come. Even some tacky gimmicks would at least spice up what has been stagnant for so many seasons now

I personally just want the kit to be Claret top with blue sleeves and don't deviate on the home kit. The away can vary. I liked last year's away very much, and our Away kit from 2009 was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

CYTzt.png

Here is the website for that kit's reveal:
http://www.whenthenationcalls.com/

Arnie

Would love a link to Lambert's press conference if any of the Villa contingent have one.

Just went for a very suave lunch with friends, we had stone-baked pizza and cocktails.

Just finished Max Payne 3. It's good, not great. 2012 game with 2003 gameplay. Still as fun as it ever was, but once you get past the improvements to the graphics, physics and animation there's not much that sets it aside from Max Payne 2. As I said, really fun game, but it needed more than just the gunplay, bullettime and shootdodge.

Way too many cutscenes as well. Some of them completely pointless.

Kyoufu

Unfortunately I can only access the Lambert presser if I pay for AVTV, which I haven't (yet). I'll keep my eyes open for an upload somewhere.

I pay for NUFCTV, which isn't much (a couple quid per month). I must say I am a sucker for Pardew interviews/press conferences lol.

Just finished Max Payne 3. It's good, not great. 2012 game with 2003 gameplay. Still as fun as it ever was, but once you get past the improvements to the graphics, physics and animation there's not much that sets it aside from Max Payne 2. As I said, really fun game, but it needed more than just the gunplay, bullettime and shootdodge.

I called it. Played 1, played them all.

Zabojnik

Nice behind the scenes featurette about Macron. Nike would never allow something like this, as it would expose that their recent shirts are being designed by underage muppets.

Fade: Marrone - Verratti - Pogba 2018, believe.

Wes

venison crêpe
If:

• There is an embossed lion on the shirt.
  • The emblem is round.
  • The collar is striped.

I may have to purchase this year's shirt. Would be awesome if it was Acorns on the front still but money talks.

I don't think we'll get a round badge.

But!!! And I don't know how I missed this, but!!!! Villa are coming to Chicago for the pre-season!!! I'm finally going to get to see them play!

Zabojnik

Sky: Juve and Pescara headed towards a co-ownership deal for Verratti. 5mil€ for half (3,5M€ cash + half of Giandonato, one of our youths).

Marotta is the supreme master of the co-ownership formula.

interxxx.gif

This co-ownership stuff is ridiculous.

And FAO Jeff:

@sportingintel: Long-standing #Rovers insider on appointment of Paul Agnew as GM: "F***ing unbelievable. We're at rock bottom. A joke club. The game's up."

Stubo

So, um...who is going to buy this year's bebe? Any early contenders who could take his crown? Discuss.

Talk
ing!

Clegg

How about you fucking fuck off with your bullshit. It was a fucking joke.

If you don't fucking like what I type then fucking put me on fucking ignore.

Joke or not I'm sick of people bringing up Suarez/Evra every thread.

It's tedious and boring and I'd hoped we were past that.

Evidently I was wrong.

Wes

venison crêpe
------------------------- Given -------------------------

New RB ------ New RCB ---- Clark ---------- New LB

---------------- Makoun ------- Gardner --------------

New Winger --------- Ireland --------------- N'Zogbia

------------------------- Bent --------------------------

Or Makoun behind Gardner and Ireland.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Non-football related: There's a god in this world.

Sky: Juve and Pescara headed towards a co-ownership deal for Verratti. 5mil€ for half (3,5M€ cash + half of Giandonato, one of our youths).

interxxx.gif

Football related: There's a god in this world.

He bleeds black and white and shits merda. It's not the other way around <3

Bloody diarrhea does not count

------------------------- Given -------------------------

New RB ------ New RCB ---- Clark ---------- New LB

---------------- Makoun ------- Gardner --------------

New Winger --------- Ireland --------------- N'Zogbia

------------------------- Bent --------------------------

Or Makoun behind Gardner and Ireland.

I like that

I have so many games I need to play that I don't even know where to start. So much so that I can already tell I'm going to end up not playing any of them.

edit: going to give Payday: The Heist a go

Joke or not I'm sick of people bringing up Suarez/Evra every thread.

It's tedious and boring and I'd hoped we were past that.

Evidently I was wrong.

It's recent football news in a football thread. It deals with Dani Pacheco and Glen Johnson. I was posting it since no one else posted it. You act like I killed one of your family members for posting news. I don't recall you telling the poster who posted the Suarez interview a week or so ago to "fuck off with that bullshit."

faridmon

Whew. Just submitted my Portfolio and hence, I have finished Uni for the Year. I am free baby. Overall I think I did well, except for using the scale 1:100 instead of 1:50 which was the scale my tutor asked for. By the time I noticed this; I was done with two thirds of my project and just couldn't bother with the scale anymore.

Anyways let&#8217;s see what have I missed. How was E3? And how is the transfer Saga going?

Baines is still in our grasp. Good. Proceed!

elsk

Banned

interxxx.gif

I don't understand the co-ownership. Who keeps the player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom