• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hieberrr

Loew giving his players some freedom. Too much? You decide:

Germany players will be allowed to drink, smoke, tweet and mix with their girlfriends at Euro 2012.
Boss Joachim Low appears to be taking a relaxed approach to his squad as they attempt to take home the trophy.
Despite the negative affects of tobacco, Low, a former smoker himself, said: ‘I would not ban it, expect for at meals or in team meetings.’

Oh and Claudia Lahm = FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

lwGmr.jpg

rodvik

Unfortunately I can only access the Lambert presser if I pay for AVTV, which I haven't (yet). I'll keep my eyes open for an upload somewhere.

Nothing much in it. Another dour N.Irish,French,Scottish,Scottish managers press conference :)

Pretty much he is just making the usual noises. "need to entertain/ results business/ players/ I dont know what Twitter is" etc etc.

One nice touch he was greeted by a few dozen fans wanting autographs. Rather more pleasant than last years reception.

dc89

I can't believe there are players who smoke regularly. Must be terrible for conditioning.

Berba smokes like a chimney.

---

Robin van Persie, who scored 37 times for Arsenal in the season just finished, will be allowed to focus on international duties during Euro 2012 this month and will not face pressure from the club to decide on his future, chief executive Ivan Gazidis insists.

He goes on to say they had 'good talks'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...de-on-his-future-at-the-Emirates-Stadium.html

he is going.

Good luck, always, Dirk by Rafa Benitez

Some random blog I came across.

http://sundaynightdigestive.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/euro-2012-preview.html

I'm surprised he stayed on for so long after Kenny was sacked.

English team equivalent:
Manchester City.
Perennially rubbish in the past with a habit of flattering to deceive. Have become rather decent of late.

My favorite because it is the shortest and least in depth. I don't think that blogger likes either Spain or ManC.

faridmon

Russia
English team equivalent:
Everton.
After a seismic shift in the 1990s, the side does not resemble what it did ‘back in the day’. However, a rather good striker is supported by potentially dangerous goal-scoring midfielders and the side are probably better than their ranking suggests with a very good, and oft-unheralded manager.

im-okay-with-this.png

Asamoah has said on his Twitter he'll be moving either within Italy or to England. Think it's most likely he will go to Juve but I'm holding out a glimmer of hope.

I'd much rather Strootman or M'Vila though but i just don't see either happening.

ATF487

Great, thanks for the info.

Here is the stadium with the supporters sections highlighted in blue.

XDW02.png

Should I go for section 130, or 133? I'm leaning towards 130 (and in front of section 129 is the Away dugout)

Why are there non consecutive supporter sections :|

But yeah, go with 130. I hate corner seats.

Salvadora

Asamoah has said on his Twitter he'll be moving either within Italy or to England. Think it's most likely he will go to Juve but I'm holding out a glimmer of hope.

I'd much rather Strootman or M'Vila though but i just don't see either happening.

Hasn't Asamoah been confirmed for Juve?

Hixx

Poland
English team equivalent:
Sunderland.
Vociferous home support and a decent striker up top who is supported by busy midfielders and a reasonably sturdy defence. They are a better team than their ranking suggests and will probably do better than most expect.

ibt1we96XC7tIN.jpg

we have no strikers

Clegg

There was a post on Redcafe that claimed United were negotiating with Strootman.

It was from a twitter account that claims to have read an article by a Dutch journo who believes that a deal is being done.

It's most likely a wind-up.

The journo is real though. And he looks a bit scary.

Hasn't Asamoah been confirmed for Juve?
Well he said himself that it's not done yet but yeah it's very likely he goes to Juve.

There was a post on Redcafe that claimed United were negotiating with Strootman.

It was from a twitter account that claims to have read an article by a Dutch journo who believes that a deal is being done.

It was a fake RT, somebody put a RT at the front of a tweet they made up themselves.

The interest in Strootman is very real though. RedIssue who are very much on the ball have been saying for a while that United are interested in him. I doubt anything will happen any time soon though and most likely not this summer.

kharma45

Well he said himself that it's not done yet but yeah it's very likely he goes to Juve.

It was a fake RT, somebody put a RT at the front of a tweet they made up themselves.

The interest in Strootman is very real though. RedIssue who are very much on the ball have been saying for a while that United are interested in him. I doubt anything will happen any time soon though and most likely not this summer.

The wit of some people on Wikipedia is just fantastic...

ibxOVOLr38LwLM.png

I made the travail into redcafe territory to check this out. Turns out the journalist in question had a mental breakdown last year and quit the business. Pretty hilarious wind-up.

Clegg

I wonder what SAFs plans for next season are. Rooney playing up front with Kagawa in the advanced midfielder role seems the most likely formation.

I wonder about Hernandez and Welbeck though as neither seems that adept at playing the lone striker role. I suppose we'll rotate and change formations for different opponents which will allow them to see more gametime.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I wonder what SAFs plans for next season are. Rooney playing up front with Kagawa in the advanced midfielder role seems the most likely formation.

I wonder about Hernandez and Welbeck though as neither seems that adept at playing the lone striker role. I suppose we'll rotate and change formations for different opponents which will allow them to see more gametime.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

You could always play Rooney and Welbeck/Chicharito up front with Kagawa behind and Nani/Valencia/Young rotating as left and right middies. Or have your central midfield trio of Anderson/Scholes/Cleverley

Mastadon

Banned
I twisted my knee playing football the other day, now it's all swollen and painful - do I need to see a doctor or will it go away?

I'm dosed up on Solpadol though.

Clegg

You could always play Rooney and Welbeck/Chicharito up front with Kagawa behind and Nani/Valencia/Young rotating as left and right middies. Or have your central midfield trio of Anderson/Scholes/Cleverley

My own preference would be Rooney up front with Kagawa playing just behind. Midfield is still a problem though. We usually play with a 2 man midfield which can leave us under threat of being overrun. This happened a fair few times this season. A 3 man midfield of Carrick/Scholes/Anderson or Carrick/Scholes/Cleverley could possibly suit us better. But then it leaves us with problems on the wings and up front.

SAF will probably continue with the 2 man midfield because he loves his wingers. But I'd certainly like to see us experiment with 3 in the middle at some point this season.

bjaelke

I twisted my knee playing football the other day, now it's all swollen and painful - do I need to see a doctor or will it go away?

I'm dosed up on Solpadol though.

Put some ice on it. No need to bother a doctor unless the knee remains swollen for a couple of days.

The cancer at rovers grows

There is no other club in the world that would employ the managers (who just took them down) pr man as the new general manager

Unbelievable

fuenf

Loew giving his players some freedom. Too much? You decide:

Seems pretty normal to me. If some of the players drink or smoke so be it, if they came this far it just doesnt matter and taking it away certainly wouldnt help.

btw. I hate the PSN store, seems like it's impossible to get good downloads speeds :( it will take forever to download all the Plus games :( (having just an 80GB HDD doesnt help either, had to delete almost everything except GT5 (and it's fucking 11GB cache))

Arnie

Not even started yet and I want the Euros to finish. We'll be into pre-season omfg

I'm more excited to see Jonjo Shelvey get some pre-season minutes than I am to watch England play in the Euros. Saying that I have been known to go back on my England apathy once the tournament begins. I won't paint St George's flag on my bollocks, but I do get heated during the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom