• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Saw this in the Euros thread.. hilarious. Apparently the Dutch team donated a pitch for children to use in Poland and this was at the commemorative match. Love this dude. :lol

nigel.gif

dc89

NDJ is a boss.

----

Help me football-GAF. Selling my 8GB Vita memory card to a fellow GAF member who lives in the USA. How much shall I sell it for in dollars inclusive of shipping, I'm crap with this stuff.

immy

Banned
I twisted my knee playing football the other day, now it's all swollen and painful - do I need to see a doctor or will it go away?

I'm dosed up on Solpadol though.

See a doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had an issue like this, left it. Then fucked up my knee later and couldn't play sport for a year!

SEE A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Müller doesn't seem to like it at Bayern anymore:

SportBild on the rumors of Inter being interested in him

"Die Situation ist momentan nicht gerade so, dass ich sagen würde, ich höre mir das nicht mal an."
Given my current situation at Bayern it's not like I'm not going to listen to that proposition

"Soweit ich weiß, ist der Klub vor zwei Jahren Champions League-Sieger geworden. Was soll ich sagen: Im Fußball kann sich alles schnell ändern."
Afaik they won the CL two years ago. What am I supposed to say - in Football everything changes fast

Fry

"Die Situation ist momentan nicht gerade so, dass ich sagen würde, ich höre mir das nicht mal an."
Given my current situation at Bayern it's not like I'm not going to listen to that proposition

"Soweit ich weiß, ist der Klub vor zwei Jahren Champions League-Sieger geworden. Was soll ich sagen: Im Fußball kann sich alles schnell ändern."
Afaik they won the CL two years ago. What am I supposed to say - in Football everything changes fast

Oh god leave the bullshit rumours to twitter please!!! blablabla

He just wants to make sure he gets first team football.

Oh god leave the bullshit rumours to twitter please!!! blablabla

He just wants to make sure he gets first team football.

Wtf? It's what he said, it's a quote..
Of course he should aspire to play/be disappointed for not playing in the starting 11, his team has much more to gain from him than from Robben.
And now with Shakira there's even more competition on the right wing.
And all the crying and moaning won't help him, because if Robben is benched he's just going to go nuts and punch ppl. indiscriminately..

It's not as absurd as you make it out to be..

Fry

Wtf? It's what he said, it's a quote..
Of course he should aspire to play/be disappointed for not playing in the starting 11, his team has much more to gain from him than from Robben.
And now with Shakira there's even more competition on the right wing.
And all the crying and moaning won't help him, because if Robben is benched he's just going to go nuts and punch ppl. indiscriminately..

It's not as absurd as you make it out to be..

You never get my jokes. =(

elsk posted something similar yesterday about Lewa and I was making fun of milchmonsters reply.

I agree though but this is Inter we're talking about, why would Müller any player go there?

elsk

Banned

ha, if he wants to start then he should play better. He was one of the worst players this season, he was too used to be a starter under LvG and his NT... He's good in all the attacking positions, but he isn't truly amazing at any of those positions so yeah.

I wouldn't mind selling him and buying a true CAM, tbh. But still, he has contract until 2015 so he better stfu and start playing good football.

edit: He's my favorite Bayern player atm, but if he's going to be a little bitch about being benched then... fuck him. He played like 95% of the matches this season anyway.

fuenf

I've to side with Phantast on this one. Müller played far better on the right than on the 10. But he doesnt have any chance to get Robben's place, that's why i still hope that Robben leaves..

elsk posted something similar yesterday about Lewa and I was making fun of milchmonsters reply.

I agree though but this is Inter we're talking about, why would Müller any player go there?
I'm German :/
Welp, don't ask me. Right this season it'd be EL instead of CL for him, but he'd have about as great a chance of winning a title as at Bayern (trolololo).
Maybe Inter is planning a big reboot, who knows..

ha, if he wants to start then he should play better. He was one of the worst players this season, he was too used to be a starter under LvG and his NT... He's good in all the attacking positions, but he isn't truly amazing at any of those positions so yeah.

I wouldn't mind selling him and buying a true CAM, tbh. But still, he has contract until 2015 so he better stfu and start playing good football.

edit: He's my favorite Bayern player atm, but if he's going to be a little bitch about being benched then... fuck him. He played like 95% of the matches this season anyway.

His main position is arguably right winger and that's where Robben planted his dumb ass down. I'm sure you'll see him beasting at the Euro in that role.
He's rightfully frustrated, because Robben doesn't bring much more to the table than him and still gets a free pass for the starting 11 and now that Shakira is coming and the coach stays the same his situation is unlikely to improve.

This is the worst person in the world:
unbenannttwcoi.png

(you may recognize him from Gametrailer's E3 coverage)

elsk

Banned
I wouldn't mind selling Robben, but I don't trust Mueller as RW. The way wingers work at Bayern is very different to the Germany NT.

The little but meaningful difference is that these Müller quotes are real and the Lewandowski "rumour" is just something someone pulled out of his ass.

rodvik

Fun bullshit rumour of the day. Villa has allocated £120M for Lambert (possibly includes wages).

Anyways almost certainly complete nonsense but hey its silly season, lets enjoy the crazy good as well as the crazy bad.

Omg I don't know what was going on. I honestly thought my controller was fucked up. Passes way to strong. Not going where they should. Not switching players when I asked. Switching randomly when I did t. Something was not right. Are you a hacker will killer?

Daily Star making a fuss about the Pacheco/Johnson story. Front page news. Front page. Incredible.

Edit - Fwiw I think Pacheco was very foolish to do what he did. Should have known better and some at LFC must be pulling their hair out. A complete non incident but another example of social media giving clubs problems because players don't think before they act.

Omg I don't know what was going on. I honestly thought my controller was fucked up. Passes way to strong. Not going where they should. Not switching players when I asked. Switching randomly when I did t. Something was not right. Are you a hacker will killer?

If I was I would have scored a goal :(

Man, I haven't played FIFA in a week :/ need to get back to playing again.

Getting a Chelsea shirt on Friday and don't know what to get on the back. I want between Cahill, Luiz, Hazard or Hulk? I still don't know if Hulk is coming and don't know what Hazard's number is :(

Man, I haven't played FIFA in a week :/ need to get back to playing again.

Getting a Chelsea shirt on Friday and don't know what to get on the back. I want between Cahill, Luiz, Hazard or Hulk? I still don't know if Hulk is coming and don't know what Hazard's number is :(

I'd say Hulk because....it's fucking Hulk. Like...you can get Hulk printed on the back of a football shirt and it makes total sense and doesn't make you look like a prick!

What I'm trying to say it, go for Hulk (if the deal is sealed)

rodvik

Agbonlahor?

irsikTvznjg4i.gif

Aside from being hilariously gormless... not sure if want.

Strange player. Can destroy defences if he can use his pace. Has had a very on and off time last season.

To be honest the only manager who ever got him playing well was MON, so .......

Cant see him leaving Villa by choice though. He is a pure Villa man, he was born in the street next to the ground....

Wes

venison crêpe
In MON's last year he asked Gabby to bulk up so he could hold the ball up better. As a result he lost some pace. He's never really been as electrifying since.

Fun bullshit rumour of the day. Villa has allocated £120M for Lambert (possibly includes wages).

Anyways almost certainly complete nonsense but hey its silly season, lets enjoy the crazy good as well as the crazy bad.

That one started on VillaTalk. A guy joked that Lambert would be good for us even if he had 120m to spend and, much like Chinese whispers, the original telling got corrupted deeper in to the thread.

Now people believe it is a thing.

We'll be lucky to spend £20m.

In MON's last year he asked Gabby to bulk up so he could hold the ball up better. As a result he lost some pace. He's never really been as electrifying since.

That one started on VillaTalk. A guy joked that Lambert would be good for us even if he had 120m to spend and, much like Chinese whispers, the original telling got corrupted deeper in to the thread.

I heard the number is 20 mil

rodvik

I should have known. Ah VillaTalk, our own little OTT fan forum

Did you see last weeks thread where some guy who has been negative about he club for years said he was optimistic about the next few months. This turned into a speculation campaign that he was "itk" about something and that something was Villa was being bought by some arab business group. All based on one crabby guy saying he was optimistic.

Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom