• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I shouldn't have even bothered responding. It's a rubbish article trying to reopen a shit topic thats been thrown back and forth on this thread a thousand times already.

I would prefer never to see another Suarez/Evra debate ever again.

GQman2121

Banned
Mario Balotelli will have both his family names on his Italy shirt at Euro 2012. Uefa's official tournament list shows that the 21-year-old forward has registered 'Barwuah Balotelli' as his shirt name.

That's pretty cool I guess. I suppose he's just tempting the local bigots to say something at this point. Maybe he will go Ron Artest style and choke someone in the stands. That would probably be more exciting than the actual tourney......

Just finished Max Payne 3. It's good, not great. 2012 game with 2003 gameplay. Still as fun as it ever was, but once you get past the improvements to the graphics, physics and animation there's not much that sets it aside from Max Payne 2. As I said, really fun game, but it needed more than just the gunplay, bullettime and shootdodge.

Way too many cutscenes as well. Some of them completely pointless.

Cutscenes are the new load screens!

Clegg

That's pretty cool I guess. I suppose he's just tempting the local bigots to say something at this point. Maybe he will go Ron Artest style and choke someone in the stands. That would probably be more exciting than the actual tourney......

Wait until Ireland play Italy.

It will be anti football central.

Yurt will hang himself in shame and I'll be rendered catatonic.

Zabojnik

I don't understand the co-ownership. Who keeps the player?

They flip a coin!
I suppose it's part of the agreement between the two teams. In this case Verratti is likely to stay at Pescara for another season - they just made it back to Serie A, Pescara is his hometown - and come to Juve next season / once Pescara has been paid in full. It's a pretty perverse formula. *onlyinitaly.jpg*

GQman2121

Banned
Nice to see that everyone is overjoyed with excitement leading into Euros. :p

Are you Fifa players looking forward to those Kinect features this fall? Cursing at the tv after the AI beats your offsides trap with a perfectly weighted through-ball should be amazing, right? Right?!

Are you Fifa players looking forward to those Kinect features this fall? Cursing at the tv after the AI beats your offsides trap with a perfectly weighted through-ball should be amazing, right? Right?!
I might give it a miss this year you know. Fed up with FIFA and it's shit.

Meier

I don't curse nearly as much at the PC as I do at the fuckers in public games with my Virtual Pro. "PASS THE FUCKING BALL YOU ASSSSHOOOOLLLLEEE!!"

ORT5p.jpg

A screen capture. looks and sounds pretty amazing. I can't wait to wear this while I'm cheering them on in Chicago!!!!!

I can't explain how excited I am for that game in July!!!!!

Wilbur

Banned
So, the Cardiff Red Dragons eh?

ok...........(snigger)

It's a better name to be fair, it's just fucking stupid.

vaderno.jpg

Where's this from hahaha?!

http://i.imgur.com/ORT5p.jpg[/im]

A screen capture. looks and sounds pretty amazing. I can't wait to wear this while I'm cheering them on in Chicago!!!!!

I can't explain how excited I am for that game in July!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah you really must be. First time I saw United was fucking incredible, was so happy.

Where is the best place to sit? Since there probably won't be an away section for Aston Villa in a pre-season friendly in Chicago. I'm thinking midfield, and I'll probably spend to sit right up against the pitch. I now need to buy my girlfriend a kit (she'll look gorgeous in claret and blue) and need to figure out a way to meet all of the players.

Clegg

Whats going on at Spurs?

They were being heavily tipped to sign Vertonghen but its all gone a bit quiet on that front. They missed out on CL qualification by the skin of their teeth so I expected them to make some signings.

Is Harry going to leave things until the last day of the window again?

Hixx

Where is the best place to sit? Since there probably won't be an away section for Aston Villa in a pre-season friendly in Chicago. I'm thinking midfield, and I'll probably spend to sit right up against the pitch. I now need to buy my girlfriend a kit (she'll look gorgeous in claret and blue) and need to figure out a way to meet all of the players.

There will be.

Don't sit right at the front either, it's shit. You want to be about half way up, either behind a goal on in a corner so you can always see the whole pitch.

dc89

Mario Balotelli will have both his family names on his Italy shirt at Euro 2012. Uefa's official tournament list shows that the 21-year-old forward has registered 'Barwuah Balotelli' as his shirt name.

I can't wait to see how this will look on his shirt.

Wes

venison crêpe
Lol at the argument.

Also do you Villa fans not rate Albrighton?

He has regressed this past season. Maybe under a new manager he can improve but his cross was lacking and his tackling/marking was horrific. He has a knack of giving the ball away and the otehr team scoring.

Maybe he can improve under Lambert but I think the only way that may happen is if he knows his place isn't guaranteed and we get some good competition in there.

Depends what kind of view you want. To really see the game at it's best you want to be sitting bang on the half way line, a few rows up. That way you get to see the whole game clearly and can see the movements and tactics at play as well as the skill of individual players.

However as this is your first game and only a pre-season game I would aim to be as close to the pitch as possible so you can be as close to the players. It's very cool to see them up close in the flesh and you'll appreciate just how amazingly skilled professional players are.

I remember seeing Zidane up close, it was an almost religious experience.

elseanio

God damn, left two bottles of Stella Cider in the freezer. Should I just leave them to defrost, or are they ruined? Tempted to smash the bottle and have a Cider ice lolly!

There will be.

Don't sit right at the front either, it's shit. You want to be about half way up, either behind a goal on in a corner so you can always see the whole pitch.

Great, thanks for the info.

Here is the stadium with the supporters sections highlighted in blue.

XDW02.png

Should I go for section 130, or 133? I'm leaning towards 130 (and in front of section 129 is the Away dugout)

Sky: Juve and Pescara headed towards a co-ownership deal for Verratti. 5mil€ for half (3,5M€ cash + half of Giandonato, one of our youths).

Marotta is the supreme master of the co-ownership formula.

interxxx.gif

All hail Marotta! Our midfield for the next 5 years is set. :D

I'm okay with half of Giandonato going the other way. It means Verratti is basically ours and we can take back Giandonato if want him when if/when he gets better. Hopefully this well help us keep really close relationship with Pescara. They bring a lot of amazing youth through their ranks.

Is there a difference?!

Advertising campaign called it 'cidre', so no.

Hixx

how can you ruin that which is already ruined?

stella cidre is shite get some aspalls - or gaymers if you want cheap cider

Is there nowhere you guys can buy local cider? If you're in the UK and you're buying shite like Strongbow, you're doing cider wrong. Exception: Kopparberg pear cider.

faridmon

Anyone here listened to O.Children? I am thinking of going to their gig tomorrow, but I am not sure. I need celebrate about my newly gained freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom