• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

You're no fun :(

Every tournament with England is the same.

Get beat off Germany or Portugal; media try to blame everything & refuse to accept we simply aren't good enough.

I'm more excited to see Jonjo Shelvey get some pre-season minutes than I am to watch England play in the Euros. Saying that I have been known to go back on my England apathy once the tournament begins. I won't paint St George's flag on my bollocks, but I do get heated during the match.

I get sucked in when England play (furious when Lampard's goal wasn't given, absolutely fucking gutted when we lost on pens v Portugal) but the next day it's gone, don't give a shit.

kharma45

Wish him the best, but I don't see why he'd get more minutes at Juventus than he would at United. Are Juve known for blooding young talent like United are?

From the looks of Juve's team he'd have had far more chance of playing games next year at United than in Turin.

He'll no doubt turn out to be a great player but United weren't prepared to (and probably rightly so) pay big-ish money to a teenager who's still at this stage all promise.

Sad to see him go but we've other promising talents who I hope we can hold on to and don't have such poisonous agents.

elsk

Banned
Wish him the best, but I don't see why he'd get more minutes at Juventus than he would at United. Are Juve known for blooding young talent like United are?

They're packed in the midfield for years. Podga is going there to replace Elia as the twitter-CoD-guy.

Fry

Django Unchained looks like the best film ever made!

the guy from your avatar may have something to say about that statement.

ijEBJFNB4CQF6.jpg

Fady K

Guys what's up? Just got a few new footy-related stuff and who better to share it with than the awesome footygaffers?

I still need to work on that megapost. I have a feeling the longevity of it may annoy some people :0

550931_581800866161_427898944_n.jpg

Dedicated to the poster Messi : D

255493_581800846201_262661692_n.jpg

Dedicated to Woodenlung aka BatmanBatmanBatman

577536_581800881131_1529029745_n.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day/night.

Zabojnik

He just wants to go to a club that's going to win a league title in the next few years!

Yeah, I don't think Udinese is going to win, even with Pogba. :D

This really is the strangest transfer. Stay at ManU with a manager that believes in you, make the move to the first squad within a year or two, sign a lucrative contract ... or move to Juventus, where you're likely to get shipped off to a smaller Serie A team, with no guarantees whatsoever. Sure, you'll be making more money, but it's not like you'll be covered in gold.

My guess is he was promised something, but I have no idea what that might be. Or maybe it was just the money.

Fry

One of the craziest boss fights ever. If you really get lazy though, change the internal clock timing of your system by a few months and he'll pass away :p

Hahaha, that true? Can it be done on 360?

I'm not doing it though, I'll try getting him from behind, I want that Moss Camouflage.

Fady K

Hahaha, that true? Can it be done on 360?

I'm not doing it though, I'll try getting him from behind, I want that Moss Camouflage.

I believe so! But - Oh if you get him that way, you'll feel like the ultimate badass :)

Awesome Animals said:
@tfisher21 I'll add you to our twitter #footyGAF list!

Awesome :D! I'll be following you in seconds : ]

Meier

It's the only way I've ever beaten him.

Weeeeeak! The End is definitely my all time favorite boss fight. The absolute rush of endorphins when you see a glint of his scope and know you have a chance to make a dash for him (or get killed) is like none other.

Fry

Don't see why it's not doable on 360 too like it was on PS2.

You can also kill him near the start of the game too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bn7cL-sWwE

LOL, take that wheel in ya face.

It's my first play through since 2006, kind of. I'm doing it on Hard, and I didn't have any suppressor to my weapons, and of course no Sniper either, so I didn't try to kill him there. But I must say, I'm kind of sucking, getting caught multiple times. This is the game I most played in my life, I expected to do better. :(

Jackie Brown is better than Pulp Fiction.

Yes. Tarantino realized Elmore Leonard on-screen in a way that's only rivalled by Justified. Basterds and Reservoir Dogs are close behind those two. Then Kill Bill and Death Proof.

Yeah, I don't think Udinese is going to win, even with Pogba. :D

This really is the strangest transfer. Stay at ManU with a manager that believes in you, make the move to the first squad within a year or two, sign a lucrative contract ... or move to Juventus, where you're likely to get shipped off to a smaller Serie A team, with no guarantees whatsoever. Sure, you'll be making more money, but it's not like you'll be covered in gold.

My guess is he was promised something, but I have no idea what that might be. Or maybe it was just the money.

Well, to be honest, he moved from Le Havre when he was 16 to United. I suppose you could say it was for the strong opportunity to play CL football as soon as he developed, but now it looks more likely to have been for the money. Arguably, there's a pattern of short-term thinking in Pogba's career. I actually wish him the best at Juventus. He has a fantastic grace to his game; I've never seen him in a situation where he doesn't have composure on the ball.

But there are always more prospects, which is what Fergie understands in not breaking the wage structure for an unproven player like Pogba, however talented he may be. For instance, Petrucci and Will Keane are a season or two from breaking through. Daehli, Januzaj and Andreas Pereira look similarly promising, but they're still academy, so it's a bit too early to know just how promising.

#footygaf

fadetoblack was taken on twitter, so rather than fadetoblackGAF or something similar I went for verocavaliere. Might just end up with fadetoblackGAF rather than deal with all the people who can't pronounce let alone spell verocavaliere. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom