• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fireball whiskey with apple juice boys. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

For every goal scored, I'm having a whisky shot.

BTW, do you guys know what's the difference between whiskey and whiskyt?

Heard that in countries with an "e" in their name is spelled whiskey, and where not, is whisky.

doicare

Pummelfee 4tw! Yeah, probably not going to start though.

Dismissing Lewandowski because of his pass accuracy is pure idiocy, lol
None of our players have high pass acc. stats - we're more or less anti-Barca in that regard.
The quality of his passing/pass forwarding is extremely good for a striker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HPBP6v1r3Q&t=3m38s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HPBP6v1r3Q&t=2m42s (followed by 3 more scenes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HPBP6v1r3Q&t=0m14s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HPBP6v1r3Q&t=1m26s

(got tired)

doicare pls..
Lol wut?? haha

Lewandowski is not being dismissed just because he has a poor passing accuracy, he's a goal poacher who very rarely scores anything other than tap-ins & United already have a goal poacher in Hernandez who over the last two years has scored more goals despite spending significantly more time on the bench than Lewandowski has. As well as that Hernandez has a much better passing accuracy, has completed more crosses, more long balls & he gets dispossessed less per game as well.

And thanks for the youtube videos that only highlight his best moments and don't show his worst, would you like to see some youtube videos that show off Emile Heskey? He looks awesome as well in these highlight vids :)

And none of the United players have a high passing accuracy??!

Paul Scholes - 93.1%
Tom Cleverley - 91.5%
Michael Carrick - 90.1%
Jonny Evans - 90.1%
Rio Ferdinand - 90%
Darren Fletcher - 89.9 %
Park Ji-Sung - 89.5%
Rafael - 88.1%
Danny Welbeck - 86.4%
Patrice Evra - 86.3%
Anderson - 86%
Antonio Valencia D - 85.6%
Michael Owen - 85%
Ezekiel Fryers - 84.6%
Federico Macheda - 84.6%
Fabio - 84.3%
Phil Jones - 83.9 %
Ashley Young - 83.8%
Dimitar Berbatov - 83.5%
Chris Smalling - 83.1%
Javier Hernández - 82.7%
Nemanja Vidic - 81.9%
Wayne Rooney - 80.7%
Nani - 80.2 %
Ryan Giggs - 80.2%
Ben Amos - 71.4%
Anders Lindegaard - 58.2%
David De Gea - 57.8%

Robert Lewandowski - 70.6%

So out of the entire United squad Lewandowski can pass the ball better than Lindegaard and De Gea
5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

PaulLFC

Anyone else want to join the Picklive league for Euro 2012? Would be nice to get more members of FootyGAF on there.

It's the same idea as fantasy football, except that your players get points for everything they do (successful passes, crosses, interceptions, tackles etc).

Inter, for my money, is trying to bait both Milan and Juve more so than Juve and Inter are baiting Milan. Their bids for Verratti are downright comical given that the kid is a Juventino and has made it clear that he believes Juventus have won 30 scudetti. Nevertheless, they are clearly trying to interfere by even pushing out a nominal bid for players we are interested in when, to be honest, Verratti doesn't fit anywhere in the Inter system (or any Inter system of the past 10 years). At least we actually need a LB in the Peluso case
KuGsj.gif

I think where you guys are, thankfully, well positioned in that you have a rather complete squad that just needs to plug up some obvious but somewhat small holes (2 midfielders, a CB and a LB and you're done really). I don't think you'll need to splash in the market like you have in the past unless someone absolutely crucial becomes available. Why not make a modest bid for Ganso and pick up a solid but not flashy LB like Peluso or Balzaretti (or give Taiwo a crack for flip's sake!), and perhaps a utility midfielder the likes of Miguel Veloso from Genoa? 30m euro at most but with your contracts expiring you should have the money in spades. But it just seems that nobody at Milan is capable of spending money shrewdly (honestly, you should have just redeemed Aquilani for the 8m....)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yo guys I'm scared we are playing tonight against Guyana, a true powerhouse of football.

...if we don't win by a five goal margin I am breaking stuff.

Wilbur

Banned
Anyone else want to join the Picklive league for Euro 2012? Would be nice to get more members of FootyGAF on there.

It's the same idea as fantasy football, except that your players get points for everything they do (successful passes, crosses, interceptions, tackles etc).

I was going to join but had to leave the house, will do when I get home. Is there a code for a specific footyGAF league on the official website as well?

Also doicare, you just made me laugh out loud in ASDA. Your continuing presence here without someone tracking your IP address and throwing a first aid kit through your window pleases me greatly.

Clegg

I suppose now is the time to say that I'll be supporting England against France.

I despise the French national team with every fibre of my being.

Wilbur

Banned
I suppose now is the time to say that I'll be supporting England against France.

We're proud to have you. I'm glad you've defected from a superior team just to support England.

Poor Hieberrr. He even got to apologize before the hammer smashed him in the face.

I thought the warning was fair enough, the ban though... the timing made me laugh.

dc89

If Nasri makes Terry look an ass I'll crack a smile. Apart from that I want England to win of course!

Wilbur

Banned
It's only for one match.

I'll go back to hating the English team after the game.

Who is Nasri?

My dad is the least patriotic Irishman ever. He didn't even know they got through until last week and still talks about Roy Keane being captain.

operon

For every goal scored, I'm having a whisky shot.

BTW, do you guys know what's the difference between whiskey and whiskyt?

Heard that in countries with an "e" in their name is spelled whiskey, and where not, is whisky.

Whisky = Scotch
Whiskey = Irish (the real stuff)

Lol wut?? haha

Lewandowski is not being dismissed just because he has a poor passing accuracy, he's a goal poacher who very rarely scores anything other than tap-ins & United already have a goal poacher in Hernandez who over the last two years has scored more goals despite spending significantly more time on the bench than Lewandowski has. As well as that Hernandez has a much better passing accuracy, has completed more crosses, more long balls & he gets dispossessed less per game as well.

And thanks for the youtube videos that only highlight his best moments and don't show his worst, would you like to see some youtube videos that show off Emile Heskey? He looks awesome as well in these highlight vids :)

And none of the United players have a high passing accuracy??!

Paul Scholes - 93.1%
Tom Cleverley - 91.5%
Michael Carrick - 90.1%
Jonny Evans - 90.1%
Rio Ferdinand - 90%
Darren Fletcher - 89.9 %
Park Ji-Sung - 89.5%
Rafael - 88.1%
Danny Welbeck - 86.4%
Patrice Evra - 86.3%
Anderson - 86%
Antonio Valencia D - 85.6%
Michael Owen - 85%
Ezekiel Fryers - 84.6%
Federico Macheda - 84.6%
Fabio - 84.3%
Phil Jones - 83.9 %
Ashley Young - 83.8%
Dimitar Berbatov - 83.5%
Chris Smalling - 83.1%
Javier Hernández - 82.7%
Nemanja Vidic - 81.9%
Wayne Rooney - 80.7%
Nani - 80.2 %
Ryan Giggs - 80.2%
Ben Amos - 71.4%
Anders Lindegaard - 58.2%
David De Gea - 57.8%

Robert Lewandowski - 70.6%

So out of the entire United squad Lewandowski can pass the ball better than Lindegaard and De Gea
5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif
Fuck, I'm not even sure why I still bother...
Again: our whole team has a poor passing accuracy, because that is how we play...we don't fucking care if we lose possession. For the most part we want the opponent to come into our half with all their possession to then rid them of it and rush towards their goal in a counter attack.
Not everybody plays like Barca, you stupad..
http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/44/Show/Germany-Borussia-Dortmund
Look at Kagawa with his 83.1% he's even worse than Phil Jones. Oh noes, why'd you sign him?!

Rarely scores anything but tap-ins? In Bundesliga Gomez or Huntelaar fill that role, but freaking Lewandowski? Bwahahaha. Look at all of his goals this season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzWoM2jsN_o
I'd argue that not even 20% of his goals are simple tap-ins.
What's also important that he is the sole striker in our starting 11 and so he's supposed to poach and score those tap-ins, not play goddamn crosses... Crosses for whom?! Götze or Kagawa? lol..
We don't play with a 4-4-2, but a 4-2-3-1.
And of course he's ought to be dispossessed more often, because for the bulk of the season he was supposed to pluck down the ball after a long pass from our CBs, hold it for a few secs and then forward it to an attacking midfielder...I'd like to see Chincha do that all the time..
Take the formation differences and style of the whole playing system into consideration before you spout BS.
Also his 2010/2011 stats shouldn't even be taken into consideration because some 8/10 times he was only a CAM (10er or a false nine at most) behind Barrios.

And of course I'm going to show you HL videos, what else do I have? Can I make you rewatch our games? lol
You obviously don't have any idea about Lewandowski or Dortmund, but still inferred some crap from statistics to make your point.

Inter, for my money, is trying to bait both Milan and Juve more so than Juve and Inter are baiting Milan. Their bids for Verratti are downright comical given that the kid is a Juventino and has made it clear that he believes Juventus have won 30 scudetti. Nevertheless, they are clearly trying to interfere by even pushing out a nominal bid for players we are interested in when, to be honest, Verratti doesn't fit anywhere in the Inter system (or any Inter system of the past 10 years). At least we actually need a LB in the Peluso case
KuGsj.gif

I think where you guys are, thankfully, well positioned in that you have a rather complete squad that just needs to plug up some obvious but somewhat small holes (2 midfielders, a CB and a LB and you're done really). I don't think you'll need to splash in the market like you have in the past unless someone absolutely crucial becomes available. Why not make a modest bid for Ganso and pick up a solid but not flashy LB like Peluso or Balzaretti (or give Taiwo a crack for flip's sake!), and perhaps a utility midfielder the likes of Miguel Veloso from Genoa? 30m euro at most but with your contracts expiring you should have the money in spades. But it just seems that nobody at Milan is capable of spending money shrewdly (honestly, you should have just redeemed Aquilani for the 8m....)
Taiwo: Allegri hates him, dunno why. He would be our LB as far as I'm concerned.
Ganso: already had a couple of major injuries, would be soooo much fun seeing him with our physio team.
Veloso: I always liked him, but if his price is over 5-6 million it's near impossible this year. Maybe next time.
Aquilani: 8 million is too much for us, that's why Galliani tried to lower the price a couple of weeks ago.
30 million is way over our wallet for this summer, I honestly think that we'll spend around 15M tbh. Next year will be different, we won't have all those Flamini-Seedorf-Nesta and so on contracts, hopefully we won't see another "painful" summer like this one.

Wes

venison crêpe
Original
(and best)
Football GAF will remember the heady days when there was a GAF IRC channel where much schenanigans were had.

Well I've reopened it for EURO 2012:

channel: #football
server: studio64.yi.org

elseanio

Original
(and best)
Football GAF will remember the heady days when there was a GAF IRC channel where much schenanigans were had.

Cool, will join for tonight's game

SunhiLegend is in the other thread. I may have to rethink my allegiance

Original
(and best)

They sucked

If they were so good why are they dead?

Eh?

Eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom