• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

I think what upsets me most is that someone posting on an internet forum is making me legitimately frustrated, and I can't use the ignore function because I end up reading the posts anyways because I don't have the willpower to not read what's under the lid.

xwSVc.gif

I think what upsets me most is that someone posting on an internet forum is making me legitimately frustrated, and I can't use the ignore function because I end up reading the posts anyways because I don't have the willpower to not read what's under the lid.

Fuck me.

You're making good progress AA, using the 7 stages of doicare model you've passed through stage 3 pretty fast (anger) and are now onto stage 4 (depression). Just keep going and soon you'll learn to accept it.

Zabojnik

Juve have announced that next year's kit will have no stars on it, but under the logo there will be written '30 sull campo' (30 on the pitch)

I'll be honest: this is almost as bad as Milan's "Il club piu' titolato del mondo". But whatever, I don't even care about this burocratic issue anymore, I'm already dreaming about
losing in
the CL.

GorillaJu

Deliberately missing the point isn't really helping the argument.

I don't really have any particular like for Barcelona but it's understandable why some of them would be arrogant. Success breeds arrogance and this Barcelona side are one of the most successful of all time.

That´s completely true. Seeing the decline of this Barcelona team will be entertaining. They showed us some of the best football of the last decade but their style is becoming boring and teams are starting to learn how to stop them.

doicare

What you just listed didn't prove your point at all actually. Also, you left out assists which are an important piece to the puzzle. I did look it up you fucking moron.
Riiiiiiiiiight..... so for the past two years Hernandez has scored more goals per game then Lewandowski despite having to spend almost double the amount of time only coming on as a substitute compared to Lewandowski, & as well as that Hernandez has a significantly higher passing accuracy, but because Lewandowski has a few more assists, then that makes him the better striker?..... sure.

What do I need to do to get this done? I'm so sick of this little child. He comes in here every time with nothing but a snively tone like a 4 year old who just broke his McDonald's Happy Meal toy. He epitomizes why I hate the internet.
Oh no, my opinion is different than yours. And after you post stats that ignore acutal minutes spent on the pitch, all international matches and all of last years stats, i post the full list of stats that prove what i've said is right and then you go over the top and throw your toys out of the pram.... yep i'm the dick.

Kagawa scored for Japan today.

Heres the goal.

Honda also scored twice.
Awesome defending by the player on the line :lol. Kagawa seems to be involved everytime he plays. Done well for Japan in this post season, goal, assist, goal in his 3 games, maybe more but that much at least. Gonna buy that Japan shirt once he signs officially and I find it somewhere.

Fwiw the Poland coach was simply talking about possibilities for his players with a view to future transfers, not nailed on deals or anything. We know United is a possibility for Lewandowski so nothing new there. Personally I don't want Lewandowski so I'd rather it didn't happen. We have Welbeck and Hernandez who have time to improve and much more pressing concerns than CF right now so I'd rather we spent money elsewhere. Lewandowski is a good player though but I hope for now this stays a rumour. And really it is nothing more than that.

FAO Wilbury - Leagues best passer was Arteta, followed by Yaya, followed by Carrick.

pappe

Riiiiiiiiiight..... so for the past two years Hernandez has scored more goals per game then Lewandowski despite having to spend almost double the amount of time only coming on as a substitute compared to Lewandowski, & as well as that Hernandez has a significantly higher passing accuracy, but because Lewandowski has a few more assists, then that makes him the better striker?..... sure.

Oh no, my opinion is different than yours. And after you post stats that ignore acutal minutes spent on the pitch, all international matches and all of last years stats, i post the full list of stats that prove what i've said is right and then you go over the top and throw your toys out of the pram.... yep i'm the dick.

How many times have you seen Lewandowski play? I havent seen him personally but every1 seems to think highly of him.

But the passing percentage mean nothing if 90% of the passes made by player are backwards and dont make the attack go forward and having more assists might not mean you a better striker but definitely means you are a better player and can also create openings for your teammates.

Korez

Juve-GAF

Shirts: no star and ’30 on the pitch’

For the 2012/13 season, Juventus’ shirts won’t bear any star and the club’s logo will be modified, carrying the inscription ’30 on the pitch’. These novelties were anticipated by Juventus Marketing Director Francesco Calvo on Sky Sport 24.

“As you know, the Scudetto we’ve clinched has determined Juventus’ return to winning ways – pointed out Calvo – Here at Juve, we’re convinced that this victory has a very special taste. As our President said, we’re back from hell to heaven.

For long weeks, we’ve heard several discussions about the possibility to exhibit the third star on our shirt. The discussion involved various people having various opinions, from journalists to authorities, and Juventus didn’t take part in this argument because they know that just the club along with their fans can define our identity. Our shirt must represent Juventus and their people. This is the reason why the League granted the opportunity to have no star.

In order to affirm our identity on the pitch and to celebrate this extraordinary victory in the best possible way, President Agnelli proposed to change Juventus’ logo. The BOD approved the modification on 10 May, therefore Juventus’ next shirt will see the inscription ’30 on the pitch’ under the traditional oval logo.”

Finally, Calvo concluded his speech with another anticipation about the away shirt which “will be presented soon and will be completely black.”

dc89

FUUUUU City's Joan Roman is stalling over a new contract. Barcelona B are interrested in signing him.

I'd be pissed if he went, one for the future for sure.

Wilbur

Banned
Awesome defending by the player on the line :lol. Kagawa seems to be involved everytime he plays. Done well for Japan in this post season, goal, assist, goal in his 3 games, maybe more but that much at least. Gonna buy that Japan shirt once he signs officially and I find it somewhere.

Fwiw the Poland coach was simply talking about possibilities for his players with a view to future transfers, not nailed on deals or anything. We know United is a possibility for Lewandowski so nothing new there. Personally I don't want Lewandowski so I'd rather it didn't happen. We have Welbeck and Hernandez who have time to improve and much more pressing concerns than CF right now so I'd rather we spent money elsewhere. Lewandowski is a good player though but I hope for now this stays a rumour. And really it is nothing more than that.

FAO Wilbury - Leagues best passer was Arteta, followed by Yaya, followed by Carrick.

Oh shit I lost to doicare. Fuck.

Slizz

Juve-GAF

For the 2012/13 season, Juventus’ shirts won’t bear any star and the club’s logo will be modified, carrying the inscription ’30 on the pitch’. These novelties were anticipated by Juventus Marketing Director Francesco Calvo on Sky Sport 24.

“As you know, the Scudetto we’ve clinched has determined Juventus’ return to winning ways – pointed out Calvo – Here at Juve, we’re convinced that this victory has a very special taste. As our President said, we’re back from hell to heaven.

For long weeks, we’ve heard several discussions about the possibility to exhibit the third star on our shirt. The discussion involved various people having various opinions, from journalists to authorities, and Juventus didn’t take part in this argument because they know that just the club along with their fans can define our identity. Our shirt must represent Juventus and their people. This is the reason why the League granted the opportunity to have no star.

In order to affirm our identity on the pitch and to celebrate this extraordinary victory in the best possible way, President Agnelli proposed to change Juventus’ logo. The BOD approved the modification on 10 May, therefore Juventus’ next shirt will see the inscription ’30 on the pitch’ under the traditional oval logo.”

Finally, Calvo concluded his speech with another anticipation about the away shirt which “will be presented soon and will be completely black.”

I just want to see the new kits. If the away shirt is anything like the mock-up floating around it's a must have.

An hour ago Götze wrote on facebook "Can't wait to give all on the pitch tomorrow" with a pic with his shoes in his hands. It was just a Nike ad of course but now it's deleted. Löw said no player is allowed to give away any formation details or say who plays. Little fatass to start :O

no he won't

Juve-GAF

As expected, to be fair. As much as I wouldn't have minded a big ol' vaffancula to the FIGC, I don't think it'd be wise to be the rogue big team in Serie A. Look where it got us under Moggi? We were thrown under the fucking bus with Calciopoli. Who knows what would have happened if we weren't so brazen in our defiance of the FIGC in the past? Maybe we would at least have one of those two titles. Maybe we would have remained in Serie A?

@TheLucifer: I think there is a real likelihood that we'll go after Federico Peluso as a backup LB to De Ceglie, but it's likely that whichever team gets him that they will have overpaid. I think we're more likely to end up with Balzaretti (former Juventino, and born and bred in Torino) if the Sicilians end up selling than Peluso, though.

I'm starting to think, frankly, that part of the strategy of Juve and Inter is to enter a bidding war with Milan for players just to drive the price up for Milan, and thereby push them out of contention. As soon as Milan gets linked with someone, Juventus and Inter immediately get linked right afterwards. Sorry about that. I don't actually condone those type of tactics, but it is what it is.

doicare

How many times have you seen Lewandowski play? I havent seen him personally but every1 seems to think highly of him.

But the passing percentage mean nothing if 90% of the passes made by player are backwards and dont make the attack go forward and having more assists might not mean you a better striker but definitely means you are a better player and can also create openings for your teammates.
I've seen him play quite a few times this season between the league, champions league & the cup, mainly because i was more interested in 'scouting' Gotze, Hummels, Subotic & Kagawa. He's little more than a goal poacher but with worse shooting accuracy & passing then United's current goal poacher Hernandez.

Also comparing the two this season, Lewandowski has worse crossing and long ball stats. There passing game is very similar & overall they try similar things so it's not a case of Lewandowski's stats are poorer because he is trying 'hollywood' passes all the time whilst Hernandez plays nothing balls.

An hour ago Götze wrote on facebook "Can't wait to give all on the pitch tomorrow" with a pic with his shoes in his hands. It was just a Nike ad of course but now it's deleted. Löw said no player is allowed to give away any formation details or say who plays. Little fatass to start :O

no he won't

I wore my Götze shirt to work today :) Hooray Casual Fridays!

I thought Scholes was top?
Not sure about his stats but it requires a certain number of appearances which he didn't reach.

Also back on doicare and Lewandowski/Hernandez, as I've already said I don't really want Lewa, but are they really similar players? Lewa plays up front alone, not sure how well he holds it up etc but Hernandez usually needs a partner along side or just behind to thrive. Lewandowski seems more adept to play solo up top. Plus, as impressive as his 30 goals are, he isn't the most natural of finishers, Hernandez is very much so. Not seen loads of Lewandowski tbh so I could be wrong.

K1LLER7

Think Portugal will get The win tommorow, Ronaldo double

Edit: if United sign Modric, would it make United the strongest team in the PL?

I thought Scholes was top?

On pure percentage, he is, on 93%. Arteta's on 91%. Then Yaya Toure and Carrick on 90%. But, yeah, that doesn't take into account the number of passes played, although he also leads on completion percentage in the final third. It also doesn't account for the strain his loss of mobility puts on our defence, and transitional counter-attacking play, in a midfield two. But it's certainly been a great trade-off; without him, we wouldn't have made it anywhere near as close as we did, to winning the title.

At the moment, there's little doubt he'll retire in 2013 or 2014. But if Scholes were playing in a solid midfield three, alongside the energy and steel of the Hargreaves, or Fletcher, of a few seasons ago, I could see him playing quality football until 40, so long as his fitness and appearances were managed right. Just because he could, doesn't mean he should, of course.

Think Portugal will get The win tommorow, Ronaldo double

Edit: if United sign Modric, would it make United the strongest team in the PL?
No. Our full backs are still much weaker than City's and in quite a few other areas whilst we have really good players, they have GREAT ones (Hart > DDG, Silva > Valencia).

It would make a massive difference though, the United "team" only needs a couple of gaps plugged to make it close to complete...those gaps are gaping though.

no he won't

Pummelfee 4tw! Yeah, probably not going to start though.

Dismissing Lewandowski because of his pass accuracy is pure idiocy, lol
None of our players have high pass acc. stats - we're more or less anti-Barca in that regard.
The quality of his passing/pass forwarding is extremely good for a striker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HPBP6v1r3Q&t=3m38s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HPBP6v1r3Q&t=2m42s (followed by 3 more scenes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HPBP6v1r3Q&t=0m14s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HPBP6v1r3Q&t=1m26s

(got tired)

doicare pls..

K1LLER7

No. Our full backs are still much weaker than City's and in quite a few other areas whilst we have really good players, they have GREAT ones (Hart > DDG, Silva > Valencia).

It would make a massive difference though, the United "team" only needs a couple of gaps plugged to make it close to complete...those gaps are gaping though.
Yeah your right, both teams have their own stronger areas I guess. Think next season Kagawa and Silva will be compared quite a bit, looking forward to see how he gels with the team.

As expected, to be fair. As much as I wouldn't have minded a big ol' vaffancula to the FIGC, I don't think it'd be wise to be the rogue big team in Serie A. Look where it got us under Moggi? We were thrown under the fucking bus with Calciopoli. Who knows what would have happened if we weren't so brazen in our defiance of the FIGC in the past? Maybe we would at least have one of those two titles. Maybe we would have remained in Serie A?

@TheLucifer: I think there is a real likelihood that we'll go after Federico Peluso as a backup LB to De Ceglie, but it's likely that whichever team gets him that they will have overpaid. I think we're more likely to end up with Balzaretti (former Juventino, and born and bred in Torino) if the Sicilians end up selling than Peluso, though.

I'm starting to think, frankly, that part of the strategy of Juve and Inter is to enter a bidding war with Milan for players just to drive the price up for Milan, and thereby push them out of contention. As soon as Milan gets linked with someone, Juventus and Inter immediately get linked right afterwards. Sorry about that. I don't actually condone those type of tactics, but it is what it is.
I see that tactic as something that could happen from time to time on the market, and in particular with us, which is kinda smart for Juve (it's a way to block our transfers, even if it's not fair play-ish). Then again, I'd like to see which players we're actually going after, as usual our press tend to make up things every day (and that CR7-San Siro thing is an example).

Not that much for Inter, their situation is nowhere near yours (they're much more like us, money-wise), Moratti is having a lot of problems with Saras and a lot of his friends keep suggesting him to leave Inter once for all so he could focus on his company. Last time was in January, they tried to buy Tevez when we were after him for two months, they offered a few millions more than us, only to pretend that nothing happened. And something like was going on a few days ago with Verratti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom