• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

doicare am cry

untitled-11fqlvz.gif

I hope this gif gets a lot of play this tourney lol.

faridmon

Better just to leave it at home. Zimling picked up an injury today and is replaced by Christian Poulsen :/

Thats Pity. Poulson plays better in Danmark Shirt, albeit a bit better, than his club counterpoint. So here is hope he does something like standing still for about 90 min.

I am actualy planing to go to a Danish pub tomorrow to watch it. Hope the atmosphere
and the girls
are great.

My England away shirt and my Italy kit for my son turned up today :)

I can't afford buying a new top for this Euros. If NOrway was part of it, maybe, but we are talking about Danmark here. Not worth anoter 40 quids, especially if they are playing Poulsen.

doicare

Fuck, I'm not even sure why I still bother...
Again: our whole team has a poor passing accuracy, because that is how we play...we don't fucking care if we lose possession. For the most part we want the opponent to come into our half with all their possession to then rid them of it and rush towards their goal in a counter attack.
Not everybody plays like Barca, you stupad..
http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/44/Show/Germany-Borussia-Dortmund
*Facepalm* Why do you keep on arguing when you're wrong? Dortmunds passing stats for this season:

Ilkay Gündogan - 85.1%
Chris Löwe - 85.1%
Ivan Perisic - 84.5%
Moritz Leitner - 83.5%
Shinji Kagawa - 83.1%
Felipe Santana - 81.5%
Sebastian Kehl - 80.7%
Antonio da Silva - 80.7%
Lukasz Piszczek - 80.6%
Patrick Owomoyela - 80.4%
Neven Subotic - 79.4%
Sven Bender - 78.7%
Mario Götze - 78.4%
Mats Hummels - 77.6%
Jakub Blaszczykowski - 77.4%
Kevin Großkreutz - 76.2%
Marcel Schmelzer - 73.7%
Lucas Barrios - 71.7%
Robert Lewandowski - 70.6%
Roman Weidenfeller - 68.3%

Half your team has a passing accuracy of over 80% which is very good... but where's Lewandowski?? Oh look he's the 19th worst passer out of a squad of 20, and the only player he can beat is the goalkeeper
5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

Look at Kagawa with his 83.1% he's even worse than Phil Jones. Oh noes, why'd you sign him?!
Because a 83.1% passing accuracy is very good?

Rarely scores anything but tap-ins? In Bundesliga Gomez or Huntelaar fill that role, but freaking Lewandowski? Bwahahaha. Look at all of his goals this season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzWoM2jsN_o
I'd argue that not even 20% of his goals are simple tap-ins.
I've already posted a video with all his league goals this season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_72W5EdRgD4 but anyway, from the video you posted goals 1, 4, 6, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 29 are tap-ins, that's almost half, goal 3 is a random deflection that breaks to him and goals 9 and 25 are just basic headers. Most of the rest of his goals are just average.

What's also important that he is the sole striker in our starting 11 and so he's supposed to poach and score those tap-ins, not play goddamn crosses... Crosses for whom?! Götze or Kagawa? lol..
The point is when he has attempted to cross the ball or tried a long ball, he has failed more than Hernandez has.

And of course he's ought to be dispossessed more often, because for the bulk of the season he was supposed to pluck down the ball after a long pass from our CBs, hold it for a few secs and then forward it to an attacking midfielder...I'd like to see Chincha do that all the time..
To be considered to have lost the ball you have to actually have it in your possession, flick-ons and headers don't count for that stat.

And of course I'm going to show you HL videos, what else do I have? Can I make you rewatch our games? lol
You obviously don't have any idea about Lewandowski or Dortmund, but still inferred some crap from statistics to make your point.
Statistics show more than a few cherry picked highlight videos that only show his best plays. Using a highlight video to prove that a player is 'great' is just laughable.

elsk

Banned
Haha, I can't believe they put that asshole spanish referee to open the Euros... he fucked Bayern in the CL too. He's a fucking joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom