• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az

doicare > Euro 2012

Too bad posters like him get perm'd sooner or later. Been on GAF long enough, its almost 100%.

faridmon

untitled-11fqlvz.gif

He is running around like crazy. I really do respect players like thta.

Fuck this ref.

Wilbur

Banned
doicare > Euro 2012

Too bad posters like him get perm'd sooner or later. Been on GAF long enough, its almost 100%.

At times he's entertaining, but he's doing himself no favours when he's looking so hard into Michael Owen's passing stats he might as well be making a brochure to shop him around.

This ref...

At times he's entertaining, but he's doing himself no favours when he's looking so hard into Michael Owen's passing stats he might as well be making a brochure to shop him around.

This ref...

I'm just glad it's been cleared that when you have good off ball movement to put yourself in position to score on an open goal, it means nothing. Or when you header the ball to the ground as opposed to straight ahead to avoid the keeper it is a tap-in and means nothing.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm just glad it's been cleared that when you have good off ball movement to put yourself in position to score on an open goal, it means nothing. Or when you header the ball to the ground as opposed to straight ahead to avoid the keeper it is a tap-in and means nothing.

Calling Hernandez a better player is fucking hilarious.

No way was that a penalty by the way. Fell onto the ball.

bjaelke

That red is going to kill the game. Poland will be pleased with 1-0 in the opening game and rest Lewandowski before next round.

doicare

Hernandez doesn't have good off the ball movement? Hernandez doesn't have good off the ball movement at least as good as Lewandowski? lol

Drogba's header against Bayern Munich is an example of a world class header. Heading the ball from a few yards out with the whole goal to aim at is either a 'tap-in' or just an average goal.
Calling Hernandez a better player is fucking hilarious.
Prove me wrong.

faridmon

Honestly the first game, and the ref is already killing the tournament. This game is a drab anyway. Remember the openening game at South Africa? That South Africa Mexico game, damn that was awesome.

I'd rather watch the 4th ref than greece play, he looks like his having fun bouncing around with the best view in the house

he distracts me during replays too

doicare

Yeah sure I'll just bust out his ball retention skills in the 68th minute of games in January.

Seriously? Hernandez is the better goal scorer/poacher. Lewandowski is a better player.
So puting goal scoring aside which Hernandez is better at, how is Lewandowski a better player when he has poor passing compared to most top flight players which is also significantly worse than Hernandez's passing, he's worse at crossing, worse at long balls and gets dispossessed more? All Lewandowski has is he's slightly more creative.

norinrad

Just give us money to fix our fucked up economy with no return guarantee, plz.

Don't worry the Dutch and German finance ministers are working very hard to screw their citizens so you can have your free money in a few weeks. There's over 800 billion in savings alone in the Netherlands and you guys deserve to have at last half of it for free.

Wilbur

Banned
So puting goal scoring aside which Hernandez is better at, how is Lewandowski a better player when he has poor passing compared to most top flight players which is also significantly worse than Hernandez's passing, he's worse at crossing, worse at long balls and gets dispossessed more? All Lewandowski has is he's slightly more creative.

Hernandez plays more balls with his back to goal to an available player. He offers almost nothing with the ball when he isn't in the area. They're different types of strikers. I'm bored of you now.

doicare

Hernandez plays more balls with his back to goal to an available player. He offers almost nothing with the ball when he isn't in the area. They're different types of strikers. I'm bored of you now.
So in your opinion they're slightly different types of players, well just because they're 'different' doesn't make one better than the other.

faridmon

In 2004, Greece beat Portugal (The host team) in their opening game and manage to beat Portugal (The host Team)again in the final to lift the Trophy.

In 2012, They...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom